Notices
Evo X Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine builds to the best clutch and flywheel.

Underhood Shifter bushing part number

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2016, 09:09 AM
Evolved Member

Received 99 Likes on 94 Posts
Underhood Shifter bushing part number

Was doing a little 2nd-4th gear pull over the weekend and when I went to shift from 2nd to 3rd my shifter went all the way to the left, past where 5th is and I had crazy side to side play. Pulled over, popped the hood and noticed that one of the shifter cables disconnected from transmission. Slid it back on but I'm missing the little lock washer on the back side of the bushing. I thought it would be a cotter pin like the other bushing but there's a groove on the mounting point, no holes. Anyone know the part number for what looks like a C or a E clip? Tried searching but had no luck. Thanks in advance. It's a 2008 GSR for reference
Old May 2, 2016, 09:12 AM
Evolved Member

Better yet if anyone knows of a solid bushing kit that contest with new hardware let me know. Was considering the AMS kit but I makes you retain the OEM hardware or so the website says. Interested in the WORKS kit as it comes woth a short throw and new bushings.

Last edited by e_kobz; May 2, 2016 at 09:23 AM.
Old May 2, 2016, 10:00 AM
Evolved Member

Contacted AMS, they supply new hardware for the vertical bushing. Gonna go ahead and order that. Will most likely order a WORKS short throw kit as well
Old May 3, 2016, 11:21 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by e_kobz
Contacted AMS, they supply new hardware for the vertical bushing. Gonna go ahead and order that. Will most likely order a WORKS short throw kit as well
Spoken like a true car guy lolol. Bushing broke, upgrade everything in the general area.

I just swapped in a torque solutions SS along with their gate selector, cable, and base bushings.
Old May 3, 2016, 11:22 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by hydro334
Spoken like a true car guy lolol. Bushing broke, upgrade everything in the general area.

I just swapped in a torque solutions SS along with their gate selector, cable, and base bushings.
Yup figured while i'm tearing sh*t apart mind as well upgrade everything in there