Notices
Evo X Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine builds to the best clutch and flywheel.

Plz help! Maint required lights!💥💥

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9, 2016, 09:24 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Plz help! Maint required lights!💥💥

Hey guys well not which section to post this on but heres my issue😑
Yesterday My ARP extended wheel studs came in the mail, i had already installed arp extended ones up at the front a few weeks before, I installed the rear left one , by removing the wheel hub and all that sweet stuff, it was getting late so I finished it up assembled the e break shoes back togather and all that good stuff.
This morning as I was driving to work(10 -15 mile drive) i could hear a slight thump noise that was coming from the rear left wheel that I had been working on and i've never heard before on my car, I started brain storming and as I was going over my steps in my head I remeber I forgot to torque the 2 17mm bolts that hold the caliper togather, there were only hand tightend so I forgot to torque em down, so 1 mile after me realizing my mistake the ABS maint required light popped up along aide of the ASC OFF and 4wd maint light, as soon as I got to work I torqued the bolts down with my buddies tools, unplugged my battery for 10 mins or more (cant remember exactly) and the lights still there 😖 I was thinking of removing and putting back togather the ebreak shoe assembly maybe I assembled it the wrong way or something but Im pretty sure I did it right, and i didnt even touch the rear right one so I know its a problem caused by this side, If any of you can shed some info i'd appreciate it ! Thanks in advance
Old Aug 9, 2016, 11:21 AM
Evolved Member

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts
Since you fixed the issue you should drive around for a bit and the light most likely will go away on its own as long as you didn't damage any of the sensors while removing the hub and stuff.
Old Aug 9, 2016, 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by hoobastnk90
Since you fixed the issue you should drive around for a bit and the light most likely will go away on its own as long as you didn't damage any of the sensors while removing the hub and stuff.
Around how many miles? Rough estimate? I've only driven it maybe 50 miles so maybe a few more? About the sensors I was really carefull not to bang or anything to the speed sensors
Old Aug 9, 2016, 03:04 PM

Also e break works fine so i dont think its that
Old Aug 10, 2016, 06:44 AM
Evolved Member

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts
hmm seems like you drove far enough for it to go away on its own. I would go and get the codes pulled to see what error the system is seeing. Maybe it is just a bad wheel speed sensor.
Old Aug 10, 2016, 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by hoobastnk90
hmm seems like you drove far enough for it to go away on its own. I would go and get the codes pulled to see what error the system is seeing. Maybe it is just a bad wheel speed sensor.
Alright thanks for the info!