Notices
Evo X Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine builds to the best clutch and flywheel.

Evo x build questions

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26, 2022, 10:13 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Evo x build questions

I know evos aren’t reliable and cannot be modded and expect to be safe and reliable also but want to know if on here I can be help. Question regarding the 4b11 I’m looking for info on the English Racing street and race engines, but want to know how much I can push the car safely on 93 octane and E85 on both variants. Planing on using a 6466 for it with build trans and t case but want to push reliable numbers planing also on goin flexfuel map don’t want to deal with two maps on the ecu 😂 for me to be changing I don’t trust myself. Don’t know where else to ask thanks in advance. Don’t want to sell the car I cannot afford a Lamborghini either 😭 😭
Old Oct 26, 2022, 11:14 AM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 704 Likes on 592 Posts
Welcome aboard

I don't know where you heard they are unreliable, they are great if you take care of them. They do however require high maintenance, comparable to cars much more expensive then they are (or use to be). They do not tolerate neglect very well.
Old Oct 26, 2022, 12:20 PM

On other pages they said that reliable and safe don’t go together with this cars but since I have it I been taking good care but the t case blew up on me. I don’t think previous owners were methodical with it but I want to start fresh that why I’m asking for the engine an all that stuff this is always been a dream car but don't want to give up on it. The wife isn’t happy about it that I’m willing to save all that money to spend it on the car.
Old Oct 26, 2022, 02:09 PM
Evolved Member

Received 144 Likes on 129 Posts
Since buying an X, my first Evo as well, I have never been more meticulous with service and record keeping. I'm literally documenting every single thing I do to this car, when it was done, and the miles. I even created my own Excel Service Records doc and Binder to keep them in. As far as ER and the power levels, IDK, I'm keeping mine relatively stock, as that will provide the most reliability, but I also have different goals than you do.
Old Oct 27, 2022, 07:30 AM

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Elvin Castro
I know evos aren’t reliable and cannot be modded and expect to be safe and reliable also but want to know if on here I can be help. Question regarding the 4b11 I’m looking for info on the English Racing street and race engines, but want to know how much I can push the car safely on 93 octane and E85 on both variants. Planing on using a 6466 for it with build trans and t case but want to push reliable numbers planing also on goin flexfuel map don’t want to deal with two maps on the ecu 😂 for me to be changing I don’t trust myself. Don’t know where else to ask thanks in advance. Don’t want to sell the car I cannot afford a Lamborghini either 😭 😭
First let me welcome you, secondly like others have said these cars dont take neglect likely. I will keep it very short and simple. cap your car to 500hp & 300tq if you are worried about reliability. Yes people have had higher hp & tq cars but like i said i'm going to keep it simple. with the 6466, a built motor & supporting mods you will be able to go higher whenever you want with a few clicks of a laptop. Let me know if you need further help.
Old Oct 27, 2022, 04:06 PM

Thanks for letting me know and it’s been really helpful, to avoid lag a little should I go with the 5858 instead? Because I'm not interested in having huge numbers but gone to invest on rebuilding the t case an the transmission gone to start on a positive note. And know what the car have.
Old Nov 3, 2022, 08:30 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,571 Likes on 1,348 Posts
If you don't want big numbers, theres not reason to run a 6466. Put a Garrett G25-660 on it in vband flavor. It'll make 500whp+ on ethanol, and spool quickly.
The following users liked this post:
Roccy (Nov 3, 2022)
Old Nov 3, 2022, 12:27 PM

Will follow any advice I can get will be taking the car to evolution Dynamics to get some work done they are close to my home and hear just good things about that shop. I don’t have the knowledge nor the tools to do everything myself. But will take in consideration all the information to discuss with them to see the approach
The following users liked this post:
Roccy (Nov 3, 2022)