Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

EVO X spotted in LA!!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2007, 01:04 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Nez136
I suppose if "snakes on a plane" can make a little money, why not another F&F movie
Old Oct 24, 2007, 01:20 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I want to be in a movie.
Old Oct 24, 2007, 01:37 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
oh damn another rice movie? :-/ time to change a nice looking piece of art into a rice mobile.
Old Oct 24, 2007, 01:48 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Eric Keely
I want to be in a movie.
It's called you, a camcorder, and an unsuspecting lady.
Old Oct 24, 2007, 01:55 PM
Evolved Member

Exclamation

Originally Posted by 11secEVO7
couldn't agree more...

saw a regular lancer the other day and swore it was the new evo X
which is why the resale value on those X's won't be as well as the VIII/IX's. . .you can tell my Evo is an Evo or something different when comparing it to a stock Lancer, I think Mitsu made a **** move by making it so similar to a regular Lancer. . .umm, pulling away from the M3/335i/S4 crowd WILL not happen without product differentiation. . .BMW and Audi can get away with subtle differences between the M3 and 3 series, and the A4 and S4 because they look like sex . . . .Lancer GSR, not so much. . .
Old Oct 24, 2007, 01:57 PM

So it looks like there will be a F&F 4. Who is starring in it?
Old Oct 24, 2007, 02:20 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by gohandbz88
So it looks like there will be a F&F 4. Who is starring in it?

Old Oct 24, 2007, 02:35 PM
Evolving Member

Yooo Check out that ICE on them young stunnaz.... that shizzy is the shizzniittty yooo..

Ummm yah though, how much can they really do with that new X? There is no aftermarket support for it is the MR... No 5spd...
Old Oct 24, 2007, 02:42 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by shivaswrath
which is why the resale value on those X's won't be as well as the VIII/IX's. . .you can tell my Evo is an Evo or something different when comparing it to a stock Lancer, I think Mitsu made a **** move by making it so similar to a regular Lancer. . .umm, pulling away from the M3/335i/S4 crowd WILL not happen without product differentiation. . .BMW and Audi can get away with subtle differences between the M3 and 3 series, and the A4 and S4 because they look like sex . . . .Lancer GSR, not so much. . .
NO !!!! THEY HAVE AS MUCH RESEMBLANCE AS THE BMW M3 E46 HAS TO JUST ABOUT EVERY OTHER E46... Keeping things similar works well when you have a respected brand like BMW but with mitsu with its POS reputation at present it is a bad idea agree.... eclips name is dead 3000GT name is dead so EVO is mitsu's last respected name plate... The problem is that it is conected too closely to mitsu's most POS name plate the lancer.

My point is yes teh evo X should have been 50% more agressive looking.... but either the evo will bull the lancer up in the consumers mind or the lancer will pull the evo down... time will tell.
Old Oct 24, 2007, 03:08 PM
Evolving Member

People don't buy Evos cause they think it looks good. People buy Evos because they know how much bang for the buck they are getting in terms of performance and what a great drivers car it is. Anyone who buys an Evo purely based on looks, well, I would severly question their taste or lack thereof.
Old Oct 24, 2007, 03:54 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by dklau33
People don't buy Evos cause they think it looks good. People buy Evos because they know how much bang for the buck they are getting in terms of performance and what a great drivers car it is. Anyone who buys an Evo purely based on looks, well, I would severly question their taste or lack thereof.
that's why you buy a honda fit for looks.
Old Oct 24, 2007, 04:01 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ExcessLancer
NO !!!! THEY HAVE AS MUCH RESEMBLANCE AS THE BMW M3 E46 HAS TO JUST ABOUT EVERY OTHER E46... Keeping things similar works well when you have a respected brand like BMW but with mitsu with its POS reputation at present it is a bad idea agree.... eclips name is dead 3000GT name is dead so EVO is mitsu's last respected name plate... The problem is that it is conected too closely to mitsu's most POS name plate the lancer.

My point is yes teh evo X should have been 50% more agressive looking.... but either the evo will bull the lancer up in the consumers mind or the lancer will pull the evo down... time will tell.
Eclipse name is dead (The 1st and 2nd gen eclipses is what made people think mitsubish iwas a crappy brand because all they did was brake POS)? Guess what they sold more 3g and 4g eclipses when they took off the turbo than they sold 1st and 2nd combined how many 2nd gen eclipses do you know that are up to 200k miles with almost zero problems? Mitsubishi doesn't make their money on lancer evos they make their money on lancers. You think ford makes their money on Ford GT's or Cobras? OMG their cobras look like regular V8 mustangs so it's a stupid move, right...?

Do you people ever consider how much R&D costs? You are crying about 40k price but then you want them to change the body even more? Yes if they made evo for you people it would be the last one because only a small niche would buy it. I think all the other evo models looked like crap, this is the only evo that looks decent. You say you want the X to look more aggressive wtf? So what would you make it look like it already resembles a jet fighter and a shark? Oh I get it throw on some laser beams that will make it more aggressive, or how about an oversized wing and some roof nipples? How do you make a 4 door sedan look more aggressive without taking off 2 doors?

Hey if you think it looks like crap and is super slow then you should be happy that your 9 or 8 will be better looking and faster right? So why are you complaining all of the time?
Old Oct 24, 2007, 06:30 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by derangedazn
that's why you buy a honda fit for looks.
i can defend this one....

i bought the Fit because it WAS the best looking and most equiped car in it's class.... besides, my gf wanted it and it was in our budget....
Old Oct 24, 2007, 06:51 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Jadiem
i can defend this one....

i bought the Fit because it WAS the best looking and most equiped car in it's class.... besides, my gf wanted it and it was in our budget....
It's funny you say that. A friend is doing a k20 swap. Should be a quick little bugger.
Old Oct 24, 2007, 07:01 PM

Jesus those 10's are ugly.. Mitsu really had something going with the previous models, but imo they really ****ed up this time. Regardless of the performance, it looks like a retarded dinosaur..

Quick Reply: EVO X spotted in LA!!