Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Merge: I hate the evo 10 (and complaints about hating the evoX)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13, 2007, 06:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tru this can get u booted ......
Old Nov 15, 2007, 09:41 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by BMW335icDDS
Too many idiots on this forum who start threads like "Why I don't like the Evo X." Pretty simple, if you don't like it, leave. This is fact. The Evo X will sell way better than any other evo before it, and is faster as well. So stop this BS and all these stupid threads. Many of you won't be getting the evo well, simply because you can't afford it. And others of you just want to feel like your Evo IX is still the best car out there and have an inferiority complex. Get a life.
*I'm going to try and be respectful as I can as the moderator of this forum already commented on this guy minding his ridiculous comments.

1. I would like to know how someone is an idiot for stating he dislikes an upcoming car. Are you not allowed to state your opinions on a public forum now? Or just not allowed to state opinions that you disagree with? Please, grow up before posting.

2. Evo X will sell better than any Evo before it? Yes, it most likely will. For the sake of MMC, it better. This is easily the most important vehicle in their line-up and its success is paramount. They've got the right formula for broadened market appeal (better styling, better riding, better handling, and auto...yuck), so it should easily surpass the sales of the VIII and IX as they appealed to a much smaller demographic of buyers.

3. The majority of the griping about the X is more than understandable. The steering is not as quick, its heavier, and its not as fast in a straight line. Its not going to be as communicative of a vehicle as the IX was...which was one of the most appealing, if not the most appealing aspect of the Evo (it was the reason why I bought mine). Maybe if you owned one, you would understand.

If you think that this Evo X is going to be the "best" car, then you truly are ignorant and you aren't what I would call an enthusiast. In determining if one car is "better" than another, it comes down to the individual value that a person places on the pros and cons of the specific vehicles. To an average BMW owner (sorry for the generalization, but you did it to us) who comes to an Evolution forum and thinks that he knows what he is talking about, I'm sure it is a better car...for you. But not to alot of others on this forum, such as myself. It is going to be a completely different car, but, in my opinion, not necessarily better.

If you want: luxury and amenities such as navigation, heated seats, more sound deadening, and a more polished and sophisticated ride overall (coincidentally, BMW-like qualities)...go with the X.
If you are like me and want: very low frills, no sound deadening, more communicative steering, *****-out acceleration, and an overall more raw (pure) driving experience (even if not as fast around bends)...the IX would be much better than the X.
Old Nov 18, 2007, 10:27 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by BMW335icDDS
Too many idiots on this forum who start threads like "Why I don't like the Evo X." Pretty simple, if you don't like it, leave. This is fact. The Evo X will sell way better than any other evo before it, and is faster as well. So stop this BS and all these stupid threads. Many of you won't be getting the evo well, simply because you can't afford it. And others of you just want to feel like your Evo IX is still the best car out there and have an inferiority complex. Get a life.

Its not the fastest evo there big guy....just for fact, car and driver said 0-60 in 5???? That sounds like the slowest one yet. It prolly will be the best selling car to the overall public cause it's not just a tuner car anymore....automatic tranny.....way better designed for the everyday business man who doesn't wanna drive a manual or cant for that matter
Old Nov 19, 2007, 06:28 AM

Originally Posted by evotuner04
Its not the fastest evo there big guy....just for fact, car and driver said 0-60 in 5???? That sounds like the slowest one yet. It prolly will be the best selling car to the overall public cause it's not just a tuner car anymore....automatic tranny.....way better designed for the everyday business man who doesn't wanna drive a manual or cant for that matter
yup, heres a link so that anyone who isnt educated about an evo x can read it

http://www.caranddriver.com/previews...ution-gsr.html

I dont think the Evo X is for me.... It sounds like they just made the car robotic by how it auto drives itself practically, and I hate the look, performance isnt OUTSTANDING compared to an evo 9, it will most likely cost more than a good condition evo 9, and there are other things I dont have time for right now, a lot of my friends as well say the evo x is disgustingly ugly, I know thats not the entire reason to buy a car, but I believe it does matter.

Last edited by BIOHazard87; Nov 19, 2007 at 06:31 AM.
Old Nov 19, 2007, 09:58 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by BlkFlat4
I can't even understand a single **** you said.

Oh yeah they made a thread specifically for haters liek you.

Please post in there.

I vote to ban him
i think the stars mean...word
Old Nov 19, 2007, 10:02 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by CleverUserName
hey vin diesel, can i have your autograph?
i live my life a quarter mile at a time....for that 10 seconds or less i'm free...

ask any racer...any real racer....it doesn't matter if u win by an inch or a mile...winning's winning
Old Nov 19, 2007, 10:05 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 04STi888
The EVo is not a sports car....It is a performance car.
i'm sorry but that is the dumbest thing i've ever heard.....well almost...sports car=performance car... at least it's supposed to

Last edited by kilgoja; Nov 19, 2007 at 10:11 AM.
Old Nov 19, 2007, 10:09 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by DirectorSe7en
Agreed about hating it, the interior is the best part.

I just wish the slightly redid the Evo IX's body, with the Evo X's Engine and Interior.
i guess i'm weird...but i love the interior of the IX...
Old Nov 19, 2007, 10:24 AM

I don't know why anyone really cares about the X. There are certain cars like the Honda civic that have not really improved, just gotten fatter and more unreliable. If you want a $30-$40k luxury car, why not buy an is250 or is350. It will be another 20 years before misubishi gets there service model right. Mitsu is not really known for their resale or reliability. I bought the evo9 for one reason only: raw performance and response. The evo9 is the four door version of the the porsche gt3. Now why get your panties in a bunch over the X. I had an evo8, hated and bought an sti. My friend loaned my his 9 for a week and I sold my sti for the 9. If you don't like the X, buy another car!
Old Nov 19, 2007, 10:56 AM
Evolving Member

my opinion is i like my IX mr.....better than the IX se or VIII or X...but that's just my opinion.....it's not like anyone on here gives a rip....so really what is this forum for?....i think people on here just like to argue or something.....there is very little useful information on this forum....most of it is crap like this...just people going back and forth at each other....most of the people on here are destroying the evo's they buy ....trying to get more power or whatever ...and they don't know what they are doing....so their evo goes poof and they wonder why.....plus most of the info on here is crap so you can't listen to it....it would be nice if for once people on here would share useful info and actually try to help each other out....but i know that's not gonna happen.....and if it does it gets lost in all the comotion so it gets overlooked....oh well....good luck to u all....buy the evo u want...it's ur car not everyone else's

Last edited by kilgoja; Nov 19, 2007 at 10:59 AM.
Old Dec 24, 2007, 08:13 PM
Evolving Member

i would like to add to my rant about the evo x. In my orig. post i forgot to mention that the x has an aluminum block. (sad), with a tranny comparable to a 98 honda prelude w/ tiptronics. this car will never see the power its brothers made. im pissed. to everyone who cant wait for this car to come out, i cant wait to you guys find out that an upgrade is a 4g63 with a stock 8 tranny and an rs transfer case. i hate to think of an evo as a luxury car with a kick. its sad. i know why you did it mitsubishi but it hurts.
Old Dec 26, 2007, 10:21 AM

As far as I can figure, most people who hate the EVO X fall into these categories:

- Current VIII or IX owner
- Bench races

The EVO isn't going to die out or whatever you guys think will happen. People thought the new 350Z was lame when it came out. It didn't have twin turbos anymore, etc etc. Tuners, shops, garages, etc all came to the rescue and showed us it could be a great tuner car by R&D'ing new parts, etc.

Just give it a few months. Early owners will get to prototype things for the new engine. Tunes, piggybacks, intakes, exhaust...then onto turbo kits, etc.

As for my personal opinion I don't like the EVO X yet. But I never know. One day I might see one drive by and think to myself, "Hey those don't look half bad" or "Wow, that makes the IX look old."
Old Dec 26, 2007, 10:45 AM
FLK
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by AREITU
As far as I can figure, most people who hate the EVO X fall into these categories:

- Current VIII or IX owner
- Bench races

The EVO isn't going to die out or whatever you guys think will happen. People thought the new 350Z was lame when it came out. It didn't have twin turbos anymore, etc etc. Tuners, shops, garages, etc all came to the rescue and showed us it could be a great tuner car by R&D'ing new parts, etc.

Just give it a few months. Early owners will get to prototype things for the new engine. Tunes, piggybacks, intakes, exhaust...then onto turbo kits, etc.

As for my personal opinion I don't like the EVO X yet. But I never know. One day I might see one drive by and think to myself, "Hey those don't look half bad" or "Wow, that makes the IX look old."
^Finally a sensible post, lost within a sea of retardedness that is the evo X forum in evom.
Old Dec 26, 2007, 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by FLK
^Finally a sensible post, lost within a sea of retardedness that is the evo X forum in evom.
Amen. But I must admit it has been entertaining so far. Good way to kill some time.
Old Dec 26, 2007, 08:57 PM

Originally Posted by thedragon
just my opinion. it looks like a regular lancer. (which i think looks to girly)its to heavy, i know its only an option but, paddel shifter comon ruin the spirit of a true sport car. who cares if most people cant drive stick. or choose not to. and whoever says :"what about the ferrari" they use paddle shift. well fk ferrari and anyone who ones one. ferraris are for old men with to much money who cant drive. i cant wait to pull up to an evo X and smoke it. mitsubishi i love you, but you let me down. i think you need to take this one back to the drawing board. oh yeah i almost forgot anyone that says the evo X handiling is better. i drive a quater mile at a time. long live evo 6,7,8,9 peace im out
Just My Opinion i hate the evo 9 cuz it looks like you pulled it out from a Kelogs Frosted flakes Cereal box THerrrrrrrr greaaaaaatttttttttttttttttt

just my opinon

Quick Reply: Merge: I hate the evo 10 (and complaints about hating the evoX)