Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Merge: I hate the evo 10 (and complaints about hating the evoX)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2007, 09:05 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
so many people hate (God that is such a strong word) something they have never drove/seen ??? I say cmon there is so many aztecs out there lmao
Old Nov 3, 2007, 09:11 AM
Evolved Member

Dude we didnt need another thread expressing hatred towards the new EVO. Just about all the people who really loved the EVO I to IX dont like the X. Its not meant for us to like, its for a different market, the mass. Its now raw anymore, its just the way it is. I accepted it. I hate the X, I think its awful, but we will always have our VIIIs and IXs!!!
Old Nov 3, 2007, 09:17 AM
Evolving Member

Woot. Evo X FTL.
Old Nov 3, 2007, 10:50 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
WOOT EVO X FTMFW!!!

Old Nov 3, 2007, 11:45 AM
Account Disabled

I really don't understand this extreme hatred for the Evo X. These haters are just insane. They act like this inanimate object raped them or something.
Old Nov 3, 2007, 11:59 AM
Evolving Member

He may hate it cause he can't afford it!
Old Nov 3, 2007, 12:46 PM
Account Disabled

Agreed about hating it, the interior is the best part.

I just wish the slightly redid the Evo IX's body, with the Evo X's Engine and Interior.
Old Nov 3, 2007, 02:16 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by VincentX
I really don't understand this extreme hatred for the Evo X. These haters are just insane. They act like this inanimate object raped them or something.

Some people are getting carried away but no one should be suprised or in dismay of why people hate the X.

If you love the VIII/IX, chances are you will not like the X.

If you love your 8 and 9, and there is a new model being put out, you expect it to be improved upon even if its slight and most importantly fix the big things (like interior). The new X is heavier and slower and has complete lost the edginess and rawness the previous EVOs had. Not to mention it looks EXACTLY like the Lancer. (Which if youre spending 30-40k, you dont want to look like an econobox) That is 3 things people HATE about the X.

If you dont see it that way its because you arent a hardcore lover of the real EVOs. They all stayed true to the ties of the previous generation EVO. Raw, edgy, and quick. The new EVO is the opposite. Its the opposite because Mitsubishi as a CORPORATION decided they needed a car that was going to appeal to the mass and SELL so they can get back into profitability. Its not about the "evolution."

The new X isnt an improvement upon the IX. Its a completely different vehicle that shares SOME of the basic fundamentals of the EVOLUTION series, such as AWD, 2.0L turbocharged engine, and great handling.

If Mitsubishi wanted to continue the EVO in line with the IX, the new one would be lighter and faster and still have the raw handling and feedback that so many people love and it would have a nicer interior They didnt. (The interior looks great though!)

Im not saying the EVO X isnt a great car, because honestly it is (styling aside). Its got incredible handling, great interior and is probably a blast to drive, but if you love your VIII or IX, chances are you wont look at it that way.
Old Nov 3, 2007, 02:44 PM
Evolved Member

Its just a fawken car, its not like the evo killed your mom or something, if you don't like just don't buy it or read about it.
Old Nov 3, 2007, 02:46 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Soon2BEVO
Some people are getting carried away but no one should be suprised or in dismay of why people hate the X.

If you love your 8 and 9, and there is a new model being put out, you expect it to be improved upon even if its slight and most importantly fix the big things (like interior). The new X is heavier and slower and has complete lost the edginess and rawness the previous EVOs had. Not to mention it looks EXACTLY like the Lancer. (Which if youre spending 30-40k, you dont want to look like an econobox) That is 3 things people HATE about the X.

If you dont see it that way its because you arent a hardcore lover of the real EVOs. They all stayed true to the ties of the previous generation EVO. Raw, edgy, and quick. The new EVO is the opposite. Its the opposite because Mitsubishi as a CORPORATION decided they needed a car that was going to appeal to the mass and SELL so they can get back into profitability. Its not about the "evolution."

The new X isnt an improvement upon the IX. Its a completely different vehicle that shares SOME of the basic fundamentals of the EVOLUTION series, such as AWD, 2.0L turbocharged engine, and great handling.

If Mitsubishi wanted to continue the EVO in line with the IX, the new one would be lighter and faster and still have the raw handling and feedback that so many people love and it would have a nicer interior They didnt. (The interior looks great though!)

Im not saying the EVO X isnt a great car, because honestly it is (styling aside). Its got incredible handling, great interior and is probably a blast to drive, but if you love your VIII or IX, chances are you wont look at it that way.
Best post I've read so far about evo IX vrs X, this is exactly how I feel. People may respond "This is the same thing that happened when the VII came out" which in a way is true, the VII wasn't as raw as the VI. But just today I was looking through my JDM NO.1 car guide Evolution edition and was specificly looking at each rendition of the car and how up until the IX every model really was an evolution of the one before it, the transition was to me seemless and amazing. That is until I saw a picture of the X, it really doesn't fit the mold. I'm not bitter because I cant afford it or because I'm jealous, I'm just truely disappointed.
Old Nov 3, 2007, 03:04 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by konad
Best post I've read so far about evo IX vrs X, this is exactly how I feel. People may respond "This is the same thing that happened when the VII came out" which in a way is true, the VII wasn't as raw as the VI. But just today I was looking through my JDM NO.1 car guide Evolution edition and was specificly looking at each rendition of the car and how up until the IX every model really was an evolution of the one before it, the transition was to me seemless and amazing. That is until I saw a picture of the X, it really doesn't fit the mold. I'm not bitter because I cant afford it or because I'm jealous, I'm just truely disappointed.
at least you dont hate it.
Old Nov 3, 2007, 03:09 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by jackygor
at least you dont hate it.
Hell, I even like it. And I'm sure as a G35 coupe owner you'll love it.
Old Nov 3, 2007, 03:17 PM
Evolved Member

go ahead and put any piece of **** you drive up against this and then come and talk to me... you are a disgrace to all us evo drivers and i hope one day that you will appreciate what you drive..pathetic little b1tch...

http://www.ferrariworld.com/fwe/even...eria/index.jsp
Old Nov 3, 2007, 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by Soon2BEVO

I LOVE it when people HATE something they haven't even tried...

Funny thing is, most of the performance motor journalists loved the evo IX and you know what, they have driven and love the new one too. But of course, they never really LOVED the evo IX, right?
Old Nov 3, 2007, 05:04 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by jwwu
I LOVE it when people HATE something they haven't even tried...

Funny thing is, most of the performance motor journalists loved the evo IX and you know what, they have driven and love the new one too. But of course, they never really LOVED the evo IX, right?
Thats right Its all about the love.

For the record, I dont need to try something. The numbers dont lie and neither does the styling. Most people will agree. They will not buy a car if they hate the way it looks, even if it drives great. A VERY small percentage of people might, but the majority will not. So if you dont like the styling, and its slower and HEAVIER than a previous model... wheres the appeal to us? I dont have to drive it not to like it. Im sure it handles incredibly, and Id love that, but I dont love the styling, I dont love the weight. Id rather have an IX.

Last edited by Soon2BEVO; Nov 3, 2007 at 05:09 PM.

Quick Reply: Merge: I hate the evo 10 (and complaints about hating the evoX)