Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Merge: I hate the evo 10 (and complaints about hating the evoX)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2007, 05:07 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Soon2BEVO
Some people are getting carried away but no one should be suprised or in dismay of why people hate the X.

If you love the VIII/IX, chances are you will not like the X.

If you love your 8 and 9, and there is a new model being put out, you expect it to be improved upon even if its slight and most importantly fix the big things (like interior). The new X is heavier and slower and has complete lost the edginess and rawness the previous EVOs had. Not to mention it looks EXACTLY like the Lancer. (Which if youre spending 30-40k, you dont want to look like an econobox) That is 3 things people HATE about the X.

If you dont see it that way its because you arent a hardcore lover of the real EVOs. They all stayed true to the ties of the previous generation EVO. Raw, edgy, and quick. The new EVO is the opposite. Its the opposite because Mitsubishi as a CORPORATION decided they needed a car that was going to appeal to the mass and SELL so they can get back into profitability. Its not about the "evolution."

The new X isnt an improvement upon the IX. Its a completely different vehicle that shares SOME of the basic fundamentals of the EVOLUTION series, such as AWD, 2.0L turbocharged engine, and great handling.

If Mitsubishi wanted to continue the EVO in line with the IX, the new one would be lighter and faster and still have the raw handling and feedback that so many people love and it would have a nicer interior They didnt. (The interior looks great though!)

Im not saying the EVO X isnt a great car, because honestly it is (styling aside). Its got incredible handling, great interior and is probably a blast to drive, but if you love your VIII or IX, chances are you wont look at it that way.

I am sorry but i don't agree, Alot of people posts hate of the dumbest **** on this forum about the X, go read some, people come up with stuff that isn't even relevant to the car.

Anways first off the car isn't slower maybe to 60 but that varies, secondly think about your post before you even write it.

IS YOUR EVO 9 or 8 LIGHTER than the EVO 6 or below? THE EVO's HAVE been getting heavier due to safety standards advancing and vehicles needing to keep up. At a mere 100lbs more than your evo 9 the X is much safer and more stiffer, 100lbs isn't going to slow you down unless you are a hardcore racer on the track which i highly doubt. People swear they can feel the difference of like .4 tenths or whatever it is. (0-60)

Third, YOU HAVEN't EVEN DRIVEN IT, you say it lost its edge and this and that but your basing your statements off articles. Wait till it's out and drive it yourself then compare.

Lastly, No i am not getting an X so no i am not a fanboy, and Yes i owned an evo 8 and my friend has a 9 mr so i know what the steering and agility of an EVo feels like, i also drove an STi for 1 year and half so i know the differences between the evo and that.

But i am not goign to write the X off like everyone else that hates it does, so i am going to somehow drive it once it's out then determine, although i am not looking to buy one.

People that say the Evo X is not an EVo no more is stupid, because your 9 or 8 is far from the weight of the Evo 6 and it is also slower and isn't any faster as topgear or 5th gear showed, ITs on youtube..... so maybe your evo isn't an evolution either.

Basically what i am tryign to say is wait till its out, wait till people mod it, wait till more shops get it and tune it, wait till you DRIVE IT, wait till more reviews come. THEN DETERMINE if it sucks or not. We have no idea of the engines potential and we have no idea of how well it will respond to tuning and etc..
Old Nov 3, 2007, 05:16 PM

^^^ +1

So far, all I've read from people in here whether they like it or not commenting based on opinions and personal preferences. There was not a constructive, detailed review that will provide solid facts (not opinions) of the actual vehicle in terms of its performance and potentials by any of the members of this community. Sure, it's not released yet, but many run off their mouth as if they've driven the EVO X personally. Go ahead and debate over its exterior... that's understandably based on preferences, no matter what.

But don't knock it until you try it.

**over and out**

Last edited by RoDeL12; Nov 3, 2007 at 05:31 PM.
Old Nov 3, 2007, 09:05 PM
Account Disabled

Some people are getting carried away but no one should be suprised or in dismay of why people hate the X.

If you love the VIII/IX, chances are you will not like the X.

If you love your 8 and 9, and there is a new model being put out, you expect it to be improved upon even if its slight and most importantly fix the big things (like interior). The new X is heavier and slower and has complete lost the edginess and rawness the previous EVOs had. Not to mention it looks EXACTLY like the Lancer. (Which if youre spending 30-40k, you dont want to look like an econobox) That is 3 things people HATE about the X.

If you dont see it that way its because you arent a hardcore lover of the real EVOs. They all stayed true to the ties of the previous generation EVO. Raw, edgy, and quick. The new EVO is the opposite. Its the opposite because Mitsubishi as a CORPORATION decided they needed a car that was going to appeal to the mass and SELL so they can get back into profitability. Its not about the "evolution."

The new X isnt an improvement upon the IX. Its a completely different vehicle that shares SOME of the basic fundamentals of the EVOLUTION series, such as AWD, 2.0L turbocharged engine, and great handling.

If Mitsubishi wanted to continue the EVO in line with the IX, the new one would be lighter and faster and still have the raw handling and feedback that so many people love and it would have a nicer interior They didnt. (The interior looks great though!)

Im not saying the EVO X isnt a great car, because honestly it is (styling aside). Its got incredible handling, great interior and is probably a blast to drive, but if you love your VIII or IX, chances are you wont look at it that way.
Evos have gone downhill after the Evo VI. Evos VII/VIII/IX are slower, heavier, softer, less edgy, and have more technology than all the previous Evos. The CT9A chassis was designed for a larger audience compared to the older Evos. In other parts of the world where they had the older Evos the last true Evo was considered to be the VI.

Last edited by VincentX; Nov 3, 2007 at 09:12 PM.
Old Nov 3, 2007, 11:54 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by VincentX
Evos have gone downhill after the Evo VI. Evos VII/VIII/IX are slower, heavier, softer, less edgy, and have more technology than all the previous Evos. The CT9A chassis was designed for a larger audience compared to the older Evos. In other parts of the world where they had the older Evos the last true Evo was considered to be the VI.
exactly.
Old Nov 3, 2007, 11:59 PM
Evolving Member

How do any of us Know for SURE any of the USDM specs we have JDM specs so this supposed 100 pounds could be false and until we see one meant for USDM sales none of us know.The JDM 8 and 9 were different looking and performing them the USDM so we'll see.I will agree that mitsu went pretty mainstream with this model compared to the older models but they are in business to make money so they open a performance car up to a wider audience.My personal feelings just by looking at it is like alot of others im not feeling the styling so i wont buy one the worlds not comming to an end oh well.Honestly we should just have a poll and get it over with im curious to see how many current evo fans like it and how many do not.
Old Nov 4, 2007, 12:15 AM

Old Nov 4, 2007, 05:36 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I agree with the idea that the X is a rapid departure from the EVO 8 / 9 line. But this was the decision by managment to move forward with the new design. My beef is that the design mirrors the new lancer way to much. Iam sure 80 or 90 % of the external parts for the EVO can be installed onto a DE model and you would be easily fooled. *I could be wrong of course* but you get the idea.

the GTS VS. X look is too close, it infringes on what makes an evo an evo.
Old Nov 4, 2007, 06:18 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by thedragon
oh yeah i almost forgot anyone that says the evo X handiling is better. i drive a quater mile at a time.
seriously Vin Diesel, i was hoping to get an autograph.

on an equally serious note, the most interesting part about the X is how well AYC will/ will not interface with the particular driver. because - my opinion - the manner is which the X will produce rotation is what makes it different from the IX (in the US market, anyways). how readily the car rotates, how control-able the rotation is, how seamlessly the electronic controls transition to and through its set of parameters to result in dynamic yaw control will make or break the car for me. yaw control is everything.

drag racing is weak sauce anyways so i really could car less about the absolute power the block can make. i'm sure someone out there will swap in a 4G63 in due time, so as neat as that would be, it's awesome that mitsu had some big ***** in making the X such a significantly different car from its immediate predecessor.

Last edited by CleverUserName; Nov 4, 2007 at 06:26 AM.
Old Nov 4, 2007, 07:49 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by BlkFlat4
I am sorry but i don't agree, Alot of people posts hate of the dumbest **** on this forum about the X, go read some, people come up with stuff that isn't even relevant to the car.

I understand some people are saying some pretty mindless things about the X, thats why I said the reasons I think most people are unhappy with it.

Anways first off the car isn't slower maybe to 60 but that varies, secondly think about your post before you even write it.
I dont know if the numbers are completely "official yet" but the 2 things I have read about the X, explicitly said the X is slower than the IX. Think before I write? Maybe you should take that advice. The quarter mile time tested my MT had a trap speed of 102mph. I can only hope that isnt true.

IS YOUR EVO 9 or 8 LIGHTER than the EVO 6 or below? THE EVO's HAVE been getting heavier due to safety standards advancing and vehicles needing to keep up. At a mere 100lbs more than your evo 9 the X is much safer and more stiffer, 100lbs isn't going to slow you down unless you are a hardcore racer on the track which i highly doubt. People swear they can feel the difference of like .4 tenths or whatever it is. (0-60)
The EVO 6 is MUCH closer in comparison to an 8/9 that a X is to a 8/9. I understand like many others there are some things that make the car heavier that really are necessary, but most high performance cars will try and offset that weight with new technology. The VII and VIII and IX are all extremeluy close in weight.

100lbs does slow you down, maybe not a whole lot, but its extra weight, and guess what a lot of people ARE hardcore racers with their EVOs, whether it be autocross, road racing or drag racing. Those are BIG reasons people buy these cars.

Third, YOU HAVEN't EVEN DRIVEN IT, you say it lost its edge and this and that but your basing your statements off articles. Wait till it's out and drive it yourself then compare.
Clearly you did not read my whole post. I was stating reasons why people dislike the EVO X. You can dislike a car without driving it. I dont care if it handles like if its on rails, if you dont like the way it looks, you probably are not going to buy it. I said the X is a great car, its just other reasons people do not like them and would RATHER HAVE A IX. Styling is a big issue and someone ELSE just mentioned it looks EXACTLY like a regular Lancer.

Basically what i am tryign to say is wait till its out, wait till people mod it, wait till more shops get it and tune it, wait till you DRIVE IT, wait till more reviews come. THEN DETERMINE if it sucks or not. We have no idea of the engines potential and we have no idea of how well it will respond to tuning and etc..
I will say, maybe my opinion will change once things smooth out and people get ahold of the, tune them, race them etc, but I think the main point I was trying to make which you distorted completely is that the EVO 1 to 9 were all in close resemblance with each other, with minor improvements and tweaks each year to make it just a little bit better, while the X is a dramatic change unlike any of the previous generations. With that, comes people who are going to be disappointed in the outcome, whether it be styling, speed or whatever. As I stated before, I dont really "hate" the EVO X, I just wouldnt buy one. Id rather buy a used IX. That is my preference and Im sure many feel the same way.

A lot of people are disappoined because they dont feel the X really progressed over the IX because it is heavier and slower. Take example the Corvette. The C4, C5 and now C6. Each one is more aerodynamic, lighter and has a more powerful, more efficient engine and most people would definitely agree, each new generation looks better. Thats what people were HOPING for in the EVO X. Can you imagine the 2010 C7 Corvette being heavier and slower? No way that would EVER happen.

I always wished Mitsubishi kept the styling of the EVO IX, maybe changed out the engine to a newer, lighter, more powerful version, added AYC and some new handling gadgets, redesigned the interior, etc. Imagine that... an IX (now X) that has a better interior, is lighter, faster and handles better. That's what people thought of in their heads while dreaming up a "new" EVO.

Last edited by Soon2BEVO; Nov 4, 2007 at 07:57 AM.
Old Nov 4, 2007, 08:18 AM

Lastly, No i am not getting an X so no i am not a fanboy, and Yes i owned an evo 8 and my friend has a 9 mr so i know what the steering and agility of an EVo feels like, i also drove an STi for 1 year and half so i know the differences between the evo and that.

But i am not goign to write the X off like everyone else that hates it does, so i am going to somehow drive it once it's out then determine, although i am not looking to buy one.

People that say the Evo X is not an EVo no more is stupid, because your 9 or 8 is far from the weight of the Evo 6 and it is also slower and isn't any faster as topgear or 5th gear showed, ITs on youtube..... so maybe your evo isn't an evolution either.

Thank god...its good to read a post with common sense. Thank You!

I agree with the idea that the X is a rapid departure from the EVO 8 / 9 line. But this was the decision by managment to move forward with the new design. My beef is that the design mirrors the new lancer way to much. Iam sure 80 or 90 % of the external parts for the EVO can be installed onto a DE model and you would be easily fooled. *I could be wrong of course* but you get the idea.

the GTS VS. X look is too close, it infringes on what makes an evo an evo.
Other than the Evo 7-9..Evo's 1-6.5 shared basically the same exterior pieces other than the wider fenders (Evo 5-6.5), front bumper, signature high rear wing, and hood vent. Those early Evo models..you could of taken the cheapest Evo model and swap those body parts and it would look like an Evo. Evo 7-9 were the only Evo's that had a larger difference to the regular lancer models to where they looked almost completely different cars.

Evo 1-3
Regular Lancer

Lancer Evolution

Evo 4-6.5
Regular Lancer

Lancer Evolution

Evo 7-9
Regular Lancer

Lancer Evolution

Evo X-??
Regular Lancer

Evolution X
Old Nov 4, 2007, 08:18 AM
Evolving Member

I dont know if the numbers are completely "official yet" but the 2 things I have read about the X, explicitly said the X is slower than the IX. Think before I write? Maybe you should take that advice. The quarter mile time tested my MT had a trap speed of 102mph. I can only hope that isnt true.

The EVO 6 is MUCH closer in comparison to an 8/9 that a X is to a 8/9. I understand like many others there are some things that make the car heavier that really are necessary, but most high performance cars will try and offset that weight with new technology. The VII and VIII and IX are all extremeluy close in weight.

100lbs does slow you down, maybe not a whole lot, but its extra weight, and guess what a lot of people ARE hardcore racers with their EVOs, whether it be autocross, road racing or drag racing. Those are BIG reasons people buy these cars.

Clearly you did not read my whole post. I was stating reasons why people dislike the EVO X. You can dislike a car without driving it. I dont care if it handles like if its on rails, if you dont like the way it looks, you probably are not going to buy it. I said the X is a great car, its just other reasons people do not like them and would RATHER HAVE A IX. Styling is a big issue and someone ELSE just mentioned it looks EXACTLY like a regular Lancer.

I will say, maybe my opinion will change once things smooth out and people get ahold of the, tune them, race them etc, but I think the main point I was trying to make which you distorted completely is that the EVO 1 to 9 were all in close resemblance with each other, with minor improvements and tweaks each year to make it just a little bit better, while the X is a dramatic change unlike any of the previous generations. With that, comes people who are going to be disappointed in the outcome, whether it be styling, speed or whatever. As I stated before, I dont really "hate" the EVO X, I just wouldnt buy one. Id rather buy a used IX. That is my preference and Im sure many feel the same way.

A lot of people are disappoined because they dont feel the X really progressed over the IX because it is heavier and slower. Take example the Corvette. The C4, C5 and now C6. Each one is more aerodynamic, lighter and has a more powerful, more efficient engine and most people would definitely agree, each new generation looks better. Thats what people were HOPING for in the EVO X. Can you imagine the 2010 C7 Corvette being heavier and slower? No way that would EVER happen.

I always wished Mitsubishi kept the styling of the EVO IX, maybe changed out the engine to a newer, lighter, more powerful version, added AYC and some new handling gadgets, redesigned the interior, etc. Imagine that... an IX (now X) that has a better interior, is lighter, faster and handles better. That's what people thought of in their heads while dreaming up a "new" EVO.

Very well said.

It's the uncertainty about how the new car will turn out that's really getting to me. I'm in an even worse predicament - there still are a handful of brand new IXs for sale here, and I'm dying trying to decide between those and the new X.
Old Nov 4, 2007, 08:44 AM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by VincentX

"Evos have gone downhill after the Evo VI"
defenietly not true. i would say way off. I do understand here in the states the evo VI is a mystical thing , but VII-VIII-IX are better cars.
And don't come back with the TME again pls. WE over discussed it many times already. take comparision between each trim... GSR vs GSR - RS vs RS etc. by the way the TME is nice as a collector car just like the FQ400 or FQ 380 or FQ 360.
also other fact: in the rally many VI running against VIII-XI. But the "downhill cars" are faster./majority/

Last edited by Robevo RS; Nov 4, 2007 at 08:46 AM.
Old Nov 4, 2007, 08:53 AM
Evolving Member

OP = ... not even sure about what to say to the OP without completely bashing him and not getting banned. All I can say is you can't bull**** a bull****ter... tell your parents to sell your evo and buy you a god damn mini-van it would fit your ego a hell of a lot better and your intelligence and can still fit in the glove box next to the whole F&F collection.

It seems a good bit of the people here have the same conflict with the X looking like the Lancer... who cares... just like 4-G-rim posted the first 6 versions of the Evo looked almost identical to the regular lancer.

Okay here is a question... Will you be thinking about the fact that your car looks like a lancer when your hauling *** past people in a race or going through a turn at a 45 degree angle(angle for reference only)?
Old Nov 4, 2007, 10:03 AM
Evolving Member

I am not even going to argue with you, you win the X sucks lol.

Check the weight of the 9 and 8 and compare it to the 6 and tell me wusup.

Then see how much faster the 9 and 8 is to the 6. IT isn't much stock, it probably isn't at all. Same goes for the X to the 9.

You love to paper race so there is a bunch of specs on the 6 on the internet and 9 in stock form, you will see that quarter mile and 0-60 the 9 doesn't beat the 6 either.

The bottom line that i am trying to get across is people got to stop paper racing the X vs the 9 because it is ridiculous, going off articles when the car isn't even released is like saying something tastes bad when you haven't even put it in your mouth.
Old Nov 4, 2007, 10:11 AM
Evolved Member

I am not even going to argue with you, you win the X sucks lol.

Check the weight of the 9 and 8 and compare it to the 6 and tell me wusup.

Then see how much faster the 9 and 8 is to the 6. IT isn't much stock, it probably isn't at all. Same goes for the X to the 9.

You love to paper race so there is a bunch of specs on the 6 on the internet and 9 in stock form, you will see that quarter mile and 0-60 the 9 doesn't beat the 6 either.

The bottom line that i am trying to get across is people got to stop paper racing the X vs the 9 because it is ridiculous, going off articles when the car isn't even released is like saying something tastes bad when you haven't even put it in your mouth.
You dont need to argue with me because I wasnt arguing with you. I was stating REASONS why people are disappointed even though the car isnt out yet. Why is that so hard to understand? A lot of the dislike has to do with the styling as well, which really isnt up for debate. Love it or hate it.

Quick Reply: Merge: I hate the evo 10 (and complaints about hating the evoX)