Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

WOW what a disappointment!!!!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2007, 07:01 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by pltek
1. 0-60 times: Ok so it might be 0.4-0.8 seconds slower than the IX. If thats a reason to write it off, please people, what will that split second for most of you, will it earn you a victory on track and a Million Dollar purse, will is save your life? Not likely
Oh how I love to read stuff like this, especially here on EvoM. I mean ... c'mon, you guys have been trash talking the STI for the last several years as being slow with margins a LOT narrower than that on lap times, which last far longer than ~5 seconds. Hate to break it to you, but 10-20% slower 0-60 is not trivial, so you ought to quit making excuses for it. Mitsu doesn't need fanboys, they need critics. Keep 'em honest and maybe next time they'll deliver what you want.

Looks like the king of the performance hill is going to be the STI for the next few years at least, maybe Mitsu will pull their head out with the XI. If they're still in business, that is. A lot of people are talking about how they're canceling their X order, yet over on IWSTI folks are clamoring to get one of the first STI's when they're delivered in a few weeks. A hatch isn't really what I wanted, but it sure seems popular with a lot of others...
Old Dec 7, 2007, 07:04 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by DrSmile
Speaking of sales US Mitsu's numbers were down again for November. Now their sales are up only 13% over last year's which was a VERY dismal year. Selling 130,000 cars annually will sink them in the US. Let's hope the X does attract some new buyers even though it's slow.
It's not just Mitsu. Car sales are a bit slower for everybody this year. The economy is taking a hit all the way around.
Old Dec 7, 2007, 08:34 AM
Evolved Member

yeah, ok buddy, whos talking trash here (nothing personal but)

-first off, point me to a thread where i talk trash about new sti, on the contrary before this evo i owned 6 subarus in including wrx and lgt, my buddy has an 06sti.

-second, 4.8 on sti and 5.0 on X is .2 seconds difference so with legitimate calulator, thats appox. 4 percent and not 10-20%, heck how about make it 30% to make you happy

-third, please read the post and thinnk about it a bit instead of just puking out your bias 3 sentences that dont make sense like "Looks like the king of the performance hill is going to be the STI for the next few years at least," what are you smoking or popping? oh yeah i know, you are a clairvoyant.

i could go on but why?

Other than that i have no strong feelings on this matter.

Originally Posted by Rootus
Oh how I love to read stuff like this, especially here on EvoM. I mean ... c'mon, you guys have been trash talking the STI for the last several years as being slow with margins a LOT narrower than that on lap times, which last far longer than ~5 seconds. Hate to break it to you, but 10-20% slower 0-60 is not trivial, so you ought to quit making excuses for it. Mitsu doesn't need fanboys, they need critics. Keep 'em honest and maybe next time they'll deliver what you want.

Looks like the king of the performance hill is going to be the STI for the next few years at least, maybe Mitsu will pull their head out with the XI. If they're still in business, that is. A lot of people are talking about how they're canceling their X order, yet over on IWSTI folks are clamoring to get one of the first STI's when they're delivered in a few weeks. A hatch isn't really what I wanted, but it sure seems popular with a lot of others...

Last edited by pltek; Dec 7, 2007 at 12:36 PM.
Old Dec 7, 2007, 12:29 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Rootus

king of the performance hill? ive only read good things about the Xs handling where as everyone has been critizing the STis suspension, and it will still have the same ****ty engine you have...
Old Dec 7, 2007, 12:49 PM
Evolving Member

I like the STI (new) and the Evo (IX)

I just don't feel like dealing with a boxer motor when it comes to mods (4 cams hard to reach spark plugs, etc)

and the new STI will be a little rich for my blood. They are great cars no need to turn this into a Ford vs Chevy rivalry
Old Dec 7, 2007, 07:57 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well, I've come to the conclusion that I am going to move forward with the purchase of the X, but with mixed feelings. On one hand, I am very disappointed with the lack of straight line speed, and don't particularly like the fact that I have to mod the car and void the warranty just to make it competitive with a stock EVO 9. However, I do like the improved interior and added amenities, and the handling performance and new AWD system are badass. Also enticing to me is the fact that the style is far better, with a design that looks like a high end sports sedan rather than an econo box with a body kit, like the EVO 8/9. But, I will buy the car with one eye glistening with excitement, and the other welling up with tears over the fact that a dodge caliber srt4 will probably beat me in a drag race. Oh the irony...

Last edited by STi2EvoX; Dec 7, 2007 at 07:59 PM.
Old Dec 7, 2007, 08:29 PM
Evolved Member

i just saw caliber in a mag and claimed 0-60 is 6 seconds

Originally Posted by STi2EvoX
Well, I've come to the conclusion that I am going to move forward with the purchase of the X, but with mixed feelings. On one hand, I am very disappointed with the lack of straight line speed, and don't particularly like the fact that I have to mod the car and void the warranty just to make it competitive with a stock EVO 9. However, I do like the improved interior and added amenities, and the handling performance and new AWD system are badass. Also enticing to me is the fact that the style is far better, with a design that looks like a high end sports sedan rather than an econo box with a body kit, like the EVO 8/9. But, I will buy the car with one eye glistening with excitement, and the other welling up with tears over the fact that a dodge caliber srt4 will probably beat me in a drag race. Oh the irony...
Old Dec 8, 2007, 10:03 AM
Evolving Member

The evo x is going to depreciate faster than the ix imo. with all these subpar reviews and the new mainstream direction mitsu is going in, plus they are upping production and raising the price this car is doomed! Good luck to all the x buyers just don't try to sell it and think your gonna make a profit.
Old Dec 8, 2007, 10:38 AM
Evolving Member

Old Evos aren't necessarily the hottest cars on the planet when it comes to resale.

As they get older and out of warranty - with modification and people just generally beating the hell out of them, it's always risky buying a used EVO.
Old Dec 8, 2007, 12:44 PM
Evolved Member

the only cars you can make profit on these days are classics, and ferarri type cars, anything else looses 10-15% as soon as you leave dealership

Originally Posted by billyblonco
The evo x is going to depreciate faster than the ix imo. with all these subpar reviews and the new mainstream direction mitsu is going in, plus they are upping production and raising the price this car is doomed! Good luck to all the x buyers just don't try to sell it and think your gonna make a profit.
Old Dec 8, 2007, 01:09 PM

I wouldn't call it mainstream in terms of marketing, they wanted it more upscale to compete with BMW and Infiniti... the luxury brands.
Old Dec 9, 2007, 08:36 PM
JB1

I talked with a Sport Compact Magazine editor today who has driven the EVO X MR with the paddle shift system. He said the car was blistering fast around a track. He highly recommended them when they finally come out.
Old Dec 10, 2007, 10:55 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Blistering fast? My IX is faster than that. I ran A Track as well, cut a Really Quick 60', on my way to Blindingly Fast @ Extremely High MPH. Let me go find my timeslips...
Old Dec 12, 2007, 06:44 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by tons0torque
I have been anxiously awaiting the Evo X and after reading most of the available reviews on the web I have come to the conclusion that this car is a serious disappointment. should have considered giving this car some more power considering the weight, the fact that a 23,000 caliber srt 4 will have a substantially higher trap speed in the quarter mile puts this in perspective. I'm ok with the looks of the car, a wingless GSR would be pretty hot IMO, the chassis also seems top notch, but those aren't my favorite aspects of the evo; straight line performance is where my heart lies and this car just isn't prepared to preform like it should at it's current weight.

Am I being to harsh.......

God , give this car 300hp AT LEAST!
Oh come on. You cant say something like this without having some time behind the wheel. Ascetically, I am not attached to the new exterior looks. Seems more like a Dodge Charger to me

But Im not gonna flame it till i really see it/drive it. You should do the same
Old Dec 12, 2007, 07:15 AM
Evolving Member

Zee Ehvo hash loscht itsh Very Toit and Schexual boxschy look....It hash become a fatasch. It isch schtill a very toit car but it hasch gone off zee track of itsch predeceschorsch....I schtill have fath but will be very schkeptical about itsch performansch......Yesch, this one might be a keeper....juscht maybe

I LOVE GOOOOOOOOOOLD!!!!!

Quick Reply: WOW what a disappointment!!!!