Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

WOW what a disappointment!!!!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3, 2007, 01:18 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Canexican
Eeewww...the pig-nose STI? Why not just get a IX? Its a better track car anyway.
Maybe. I've always been partial to the STi over the EVO until the X prototype was released. I also like the fact that the STi looks smaller.
Old Dec 3, 2007, 01:55 PM
Evolving Member

im no expert and i dont have any evos but i read this forum left and right.

according to what i read, evo x is about 0.5 seconds slower 0-60 and a whole 2 seconds faster around the track.

a lot of ppl dont track every week so their "race" is a quickie in the street against some poor kid in his ford focus.

the evo improved in EVERY aspect except weight and power. it got more weight and got some more power (not enough according to most of you)

lets be real here, if you want some hardcore performance car wait for the skyline and if u dont got the money you gotta suck it up and buy something slower.

all in all, evo x is a better car over all. if you really want the extra power you can always add it... if mitsu has to work harder to pull off crazyness then they gotta raise the price. if the price goes too high it will compete with better cars that it has no chance with overall.

think about it, mitsu giving us a BETTER car. a tiny bit slower but over all better in every way in the same price range.

i too wish it would of turned out differently but i cant hate cause they did their job... besides, theres still time and there might be some changes.

a lot of companies lie to throw ppl off (even though its a little late for that, never know untill its out)
Old Dec 3, 2007, 02:10 PM
Evolved Member

Has Mitsu released the fuel mileage numbers? I know the IX was rated at 16/22...I imagine the X with its extra 250-300lbs will be even lower.
Old Dec 3, 2007, 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by tons0torque
I have been anxiously awaiting the Evo X and after reading most of the available reviews on the web I have come to the conclusion that this car is a serious disappointment. should have considered giving this car some more power considering the weight, the fact that a 23,000 caliber srt 4 will have a substantially higher trap speed in the quarter mile puts this in perspective. I'm ok with the looks of the car, a wingless GSR would be pretty hot IMO, the chassis also seems top notch, but those aren't my favorite aspects of the evo; straight line performance is where my heart lies and this car just isn't prepared to preform like it should at it's current weight.

Am I being to harsh.......

God , give this car 300hp AT LEAST!
Agreed. If I wanted a Mitsubishi that ran mid 5s 0-60 and low 14s with a 96MPH trap speed, I would buy an Eclipse and save some money. They really screwed this up. Who cares about what it will do on a track? I live in the real world and drive on streets and freeways, not on Leguna Seca. I am gonna buy the 300hp/300tq TT BMW 135i instead.

Last edited by mball75; Dec 3, 2007 at 02:31 PM.
Old Dec 3, 2007, 02:45 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by E. Haskell
Has Mitsu released the fuel mileage numbers? I know the IX was rated at 16/22...I imagine the X with its extra 250-300lbs will be even lower.
the X is suppose to be 25/31, The X is the ultimate DD/Performance Vehicle, if true
Old Dec 3, 2007, 02:48 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by mball75
They really screwed this up. Who cares about what it will do on a track? I live in the real world and drive on streets and freeways, not on Leguna Seca.
so you're one of those idiot street racers?
Old Dec 3, 2007, 02:48 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by klipsch0
according to what i read, evo x is about 0.5 seconds slower 0-60 and a whole 2 seconds faster around the track.
The whole "two seconds faster" was a JDM X against a USDM IX, not a USDM X - which will be significantly heavier and, as a result of increased heft, slower.

the evo improved in EVERY aspect except weight and power. it got more weight and got some more power (not enough according to most of you)
No, an increase of 5 hp does not offset 300+lbs of weight gain.

lets be real here, if you want some hardcore performance car wait for the skyline and if u dont got the money you gotta suck it up and buy something slower.
The IX is a hardcore performance car and did not cost 70g's like the GTR does.

all in all, evo x is a better car over all. if you really want the extra power you can always add it... if mitsu has to work harder to pull off crazyness then they gotta raise the price. if the price goes too high it will compete with better cars that it has no chance with overall.
You should not have to mod your new Evo X to make it as fast as your old Evo IX. They could have spent more R&D on the engine and power delivery to make the power/weight ratio better rather than spending a fortune on this SST semi-auto tranny. It would have also lowered cost of production and lowered price.

think about it, mitsu giving us a BETTER car. a tiny bit slower but over all better in every way in the same price range.
"BETTER" why? Cause it has navigation and is less-communicative than the IX? Please...

i too wish it would of turned out differently but i cant hate cause they did their job... besides, theres still time and there might be some changes.
They did their job? What was their job...to make this Evo slower than its predecessor? Well, mission accomplished.

a lot of companies lie to throw ppl off (even though its a little late for that, never know untill its out)
About the only thing they lied about was the original speculation that this was going to have over 300hp and run 4.5 0-60 times.
Old Dec 3, 2007, 03:11 PM

I think that Mitsu PR 2 seconds track BS is laughable right now after all the reviews showing X to be slower around the track vs EVO IX and STI..........
Old Dec 3, 2007, 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by Canexican
The whole "two seconds faster" was a JDM X against a USDM IX, not a USDM X - which will be significantly heavier and, as a result of increased heft, slower.

No, an increase of 5 hp does not offset 300+lbs of weight gain.

The IX is a hardcore performance car and did not cost 70g's like the GTR does.

You should not have to mod your new Evo X to make it as fast as your old Evo IX. They could have spent more R&D on the engine and power delivery to make the power/weight ratio better rather than spending a fortune on this SST semi-auto tranny. It would have also lowered cost of production and lowered price.

"BETTER" why? Cause it has navigation and is less-communicative than the IX? Please...

They did their job? What was their job...to make this Evo slower than its predecessor? Well, mission accomplished.

About the only thing they lied about was the original speculation that this was going to have over 300hp and run 4.5 0-60 times.
i second everything u say!!
Old Dec 3, 2007, 04:20 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Noob4life
I'm pretty sure the 350z is quicker than the 300zx, and better in all aspects of performance.
nope...the 300zx twin turbo has more power...i have a friend that has one...and it's lighter of course...lol
Old Dec 3, 2007, 04:21 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by billyblonco
And the 350z is cheaper than the previous 300zx
yeah ur right...why is the evo x more?
Old Dec 3, 2007, 04:26 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by kilgoja
nope...the 300zx twin turbo has more power...i have a friend that has one...and it's lighter of course...lol
nope, the 300 was actually heavier than the 350

http://www.caranddriver.com/features...0zx-turbo.html
http://www.caranddriver.com/bestcars...50z-page2.html

Last edited by EzeE1o; Dec 3, 2007 at 04:32 PM.
Old Dec 3, 2007, 04:37 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by EzeE1o
actually i dunno about the weight...just thought it was funny...wow...did u see the difference in price?....45k down to 26k...if they did that with the x i don't think anyone would mind it being a tad slower.....lol

Last edited by kilgoja; Dec 3, 2007 at 04:43 PM.
Old Dec 3, 2007, 09:04 PM
Evolving Member

yes but the 300zx was at a different time in the 90's

that was the time of the rx7, supra and 3000gt...the impractical car wars. This was before the japanese became fixated on being more german
Old Dec 3, 2007, 10:19 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm just sad. I've defended the X all along, and I just can't do it anymore. The best motoring tests killed it for me. WTF!? All the magazine reviews made it out to be the "far better handling" car, which in a lot of ways it is, but it doesn't pay big dividends on a race track like they implied, because as soon as the straight opens up, the old evos and stis pull past it, giving them the overall faster lap time. I think that on a super-twisty track with no long straights, that the evo x would in fact be faster. However most tracks have at least one decent straight, and this is where the X gets killed. I'm still going to buy the car, because what other car for the money can pull .99 Gs on the skidpad? It's incredible, it's just not fast in the straights, and that's what pains me. If it tied the old model in the straights, not even beat...but just tied, then the car would be a triumph. But, I think that mitsu knew the only was to do that was to offset the added weight by adding 40 more hp, and they just didn't want to do that. Maybe it was fear of raising the price to high. Maybe they were affraid that if the car ended up costing 40,000 that it would be competing with cars that targeted the kind of buyer who wouldn't be interested in an EVO, which is probably true. Who knows...

Quick Reply: WOW what a disappointment!!!!