Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

WOW what a disappointment!!!!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2007, 11:39 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by adambl03
Maybe you should get banned for going in the same post where you tell others to not go
hehe.

Back on topic - Anybody know the gas mileage of the X? I know the STI's mileage stayed the same, but I'm thinking that with 300 extra pounds the EVO will take a hit. Maybe 15/21mpg or something like that.
Old Dec 4, 2007, 02:08 PM

i am not overly suprised that the IX is faster than the X given the specs on paper.

What i am very suprised to see is the drastic difference in overall opinion from the Evo fans and the several reviews that i have read. Seems as Evo fans hate this car and the industry loves it. The industry acknowledges the Xs shortcomings, but praise it as a worthy successor nonetheless. Evo fans on this borad condem the X for having any shortcomings, and mark its release as the downfall of Mitsu as a company.

Although several of the critisms are more than valid and do make good points, i am more inclined to believe the men and women of the auto journalisic community who have actually driven every car mentioned in these posts.
Old Dec 4, 2007, 02:20 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by AkYap
i am not overly suprised that the IX is faster than the X given the specs on paper.

What i am very suprised to see is the drastic difference in overall opinion from the Evo fans and the several reviews that i have read. Seems as Evo fans hate this car and the industry loves it. The industry acknowledges the Xs shortcomings, but praise it as a worthy successor nonetheless. Evo fans on this borad condem the X for having any shortcomings, and mark its release as the downfall of Mitsu as a company.

Although several of the critisms are more than valid and do make good points, i am more inclined to believe the men and women of the auto journalisic community who have actually driven every car mentioned in these posts.
It's not too surprising for me. EVOM is made up of mostly enthusiast in which most believe performance comes first. The "jornalistic community" spends a lot of their time reviewing Camrys and talking about NVH, ride quality and plastics feel - performance isn't their top priority. Using their criteria, the X could run 0-60 in 6.0 and 1/4 in 14.6 and they'd still give it a positive review compared to the IX.
Old Dec 4, 2007, 02:51 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
We'll all know soon once the X goes on sale who is right and who drives this market.
Old Dec 4, 2007, 03:47 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by nightwalker
We'll all know soon once the X goes on sale who is right and who drives this market.
Who is right and who drives the market are not equivalent. The A4 requires a cellphone, coffee and a BlackBerry for the ignition to operate and its has a huge market.

Does that make it right?

The EVO X is nothing short of a betrayal.
Old Dec 4, 2007, 04:37 PM
Evolving Member

The evo has almost a "cult" following from from evo I-IX. now it's watered down, slower,heavier,expensive. this could have been mitsu's chevy corvette/dodge viper/ nissan gt-r, but now they wanna make it "mainstream" and leave their core audience in the dust and make money off the evo name.
Old Dec 4, 2007, 05:13 PM
Evolving Member

man....cool things never last....always sell out and go mainstream.....
Old Dec 4, 2007, 05:20 PM
Evolving Member

Angry

Originally Posted by ToddMcF2002
Who is right and who drives the market are not equivalent. The A4 requires a cellphone, coffee and a BlackBerry for the ignition to operate and its has a huge market.

Does that make it right?

The EVO X is nothing short of a betrayal.
You are so dead on with the X being a betrayal. If they knew they were gonna give up this great looking bloated sack of **** they could of at least given it 25 more hp so it could at least cope and make an attemt at being not lesser than the evo9 or sti.
Old Dec 4, 2007, 05:53 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
imo it's like selling a valuable family heirloom to pay for bail... or something. Mitsu is desperate to turn its financials around, and its willing to do anything to achieve that. Sure you've kept yourself out of jail, but at what cost?

In the end though, the only losers are the fans of the Evo who expected the same sort of raw Evo that they saw in the past. Mitsu and the posers win. And I'm sure Subaru is smiling too.
Old Dec 4, 2007, 06:36 PM
Evolved Member

STi will eventually go the same way the evo x did
Old Dec 4, 2007, 06:38 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by evo542
STi will eventually go the same way the evo x did
I doubt it. Mitsubishi is the guinea pig here, when Suby sees the fan reaction to the Evo, they'd be stupid to do the same thing to their STi. And besides, they actually have other less hardcore options that people like to buy - the WRX and the Legacy. These three cars in Suby's lineup fill the niches that Mitsu is trying to do with one car, the Evo.
Old Dec 4, 2007, 07:23 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by cksdayoff
the X is suppose to be 25/31, The X is the ultimate DD/Performance Vehicle, if true
Whoa

first i heard that, if so +1 in the DD category.

And lets face it, if you own an EVO and dont DD it, you have enough money to mod it to you delight, so quit yer *****in.

Another point: Why not drop the 2.4(5?)L in the evo? All this talk about it going into the ralliart is confusing me. Maybee they are saving that for evo XI.
Old Dec 5, 2007, 06:49 AM

tons0torque I feel your pain! I just received the Jan 08 edition of MotorTrend and they compared the X to the IX and to my SHOCK! The IX beat it in every category except for the skid pad, .99g compared to the IX .95, 0-60 time is horrible, but what really got me was the 0-100 in 15.00 sec!!!! That is up from MT tested 12.8! this is unacceptable. The car weight 330lbs more than the out going IX, considering that how in the Hell do you only up the ante by 9 horses! 9! Come on Mitsu, I understand what you are trying to do by increasing sales, but why mess up a cult classic when you have other horses in the stable that need to be worked on. The Galant, Eclipse, Outlander (actually this on is nice), Montero and if you really want to go up scale make a Diamante that people will actually want. Just Leave us and the Evo alone! Now I feel like the biggest fool because I traded my IX, yes because I wanted a more refined vehicle and bought the G, today I regret that decision because the refinement is not worth the lose of power, and I am 35 years old. Mr. salesman, can I have my IX back?
Old Dec 5, 2007, 07:04 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Noob4life
imo it's like selling a valuable family heirloom to pay for bail... or something. Mitsu is desperate to turn its financials around, and its willing to do anything to achieve that. Sure you've kept yourself out of jail, but at what cost?

In the end though, the only losers are the fans of the Evo who expected the same sort of raw Evo that they saw in the past. Mitsu and the posers win. And I'm sure Subaru is smiling too.
Haha, good analogy. It really shouldn't have an Evolution badge in my opinion...its soul-less.

I think Mitsu may win in the short term, but unless they improve the performance numbers of this car, it will not carry the cult following that the VIII and IX have achieved. I feel that this new evolution approach is short-sighted and they should have appeased the market that knows and loves this car. That would ultimately lead to long term sales. Those that were not at a level of income to afford the IX, would surely have gone for the X - but now are turning away do to these b.s. performance numbers. I highly doubt that the Evo is going to entice BMW, Audi, MB consumers as the majority of those demographics barely know of Mitsubishi, let alone the Evolution.

Originally Posted by felickz
Another point: Why not drop the 2.4(5?)L in the evo? All this talk about it going into the ralliart is confusing me. Maybee they are saving that for evo XI.
Didn't Mitsu withdraw from WRC? Why do they stick with a 2.0? It doesnt make a whole lot of sense. Any increase in displacement would have been great to get that fat pig rolling from a stop light. I mean, it can sometimes be a pain to get my IX rolling from an uphill light...I can't imagine if it weighed 300lbs more.
Old Dec 5, 2007, 07:15 AM

fastlanez,

Looks like I will be in the market for a used IX as well (31 yrs old)....

I'm not real sure how many magazines have reviewed the USDSM evo X yet, but I can't wait to hear some honest to goodness unbiased opinions about the car.

BTW does anyone know if there have been any reviews of the US version? This is real simple for me, everyone keeps saying not to jump to conclusions but a US spec GSR has a published weight of 3517 lbs, any 1/4 calculator will tell you that this machine is a low 14 second car....

Folk this means you will be paying 33,000++ for a car that runs 14 second quarter miles times and is basically a bastard sibling for what was once the premier car for affordable performance.

Quick Reply: WOW what a disappointment!!!!