Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

WOW what a disappointment!!!!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2007, 08:26 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by fastlanez
tons0torque I feel your pain! I just received the Jan 08 edition of MotorTrend and they compared the X to the IX and to my SHOCK! The IX beat it in every category except for the skid pad, .99g compared to the IX .95, 0-60 time is horrible, but what really got me was the 0-100 in 15.00 sec!!!! That is up from MT tested 12.8! this is unacceptable. The car weight 330lbs more than the out going IX, considering that how in the Hell do you only up the ante by 9 horses! 9! Come on Mitsu, I understand what you are trying to do by increasing sales, but why mess up a cult classic when you have other horses in the stable that need to be worked on. The Galant, Eclipse, Outlander (actually this on is nice), Montero and if you really want to go up scale make a Diamante that people will actually want. Just Leave us and the Evo alone! Now I feel like the biggest fool because I traded my IX, yes because I wanted a more refined vehicle and bought the G, today I regret that decision because the refinement is not worth the lose of power, and I am 35 years old. Mr. salesman, can I have my IX back?
Yeah, but MT had a pre-production GSR that was misfiring anytime it got near 7000 RPM. I don't know why they even bothered to post the test data at all. IMO a very misleading test unless you understand what you're reading. A lot of people will jump on this and be like "OMG the X sucks" bla bla. We'll have to wait for another side-by-side test with a production X to get the real scoop - although I doubt it will top an IX on any track with a decent straight.

l8r)

Last edited by Ludikraut; Dec 5, 2007 at 08:38 AM. Reason: spellerizing
Old Dec 5, 2007, 08:28 AM
Evolving Member

yeah, i just read the car and driver article again and they said they got their times by running the engine to the fuel cut off (i beleive 7600)
Old Dec 5, 2007, 08:32 AM

I find it amusing how so many people are bashing a car they haven't even driven. I own an VIII, an Sti and a IX. I remember when the IX was coming out and how people were so disappointed in the lack of increase in power. Turns out the IX was more powerful and more moddable with better handling. I personally love the idea of the X and don't think Mitsubishi will let us down. The SS-T is the future and I have always wondered how good the Evo would be with one of these transmissions. Wait, read, test drive and then decide. Seat of the pants can't tell the difference in these cars and only those that race them will see the difference. I can't wait to drive this new car.
Old Dec 5, 2007, 08:53 AM
Evolving Member

Not a big fan of the new x but i believe Mits!! will make the car killer. They just needed to see the reaction off the crowd. I believe i bet they change the car halfway through production!!
Old Dec 5, 2007, 09:17 AM

The new X seems to be more balanced and easier to drive around a track.
Old Dec 5, 2007, 09:32 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
all this *****ing about a cars stock hp output, doesnt everybody mod there cars on this board? IT obviously has a much better chassis and suspension design than any previous evo, make the hp/weight ratio the same as the IX and I guarantee the IX will get its *** handed to it, hard.
Old Dec 5, 2007, 10:00 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Guerillah
all this *****ing about a cars stock hp output, doesnt everybody mod there cars on this board? IT obviously has a much better chassis and suspension design than any previous evo, make the hp/weight ratio the same as the IX and I guarantee the IX will get its *** handed to it, hard.
How exactly is a longer and heavier chassis better than the IX? Or are you basing this claim on the "% less flex" marketing fluff?

Where do you see a better suspension design? Still mac-strut up front, and semi-trailing arm rear. Unless you know something we don't about changes to the actual geometry between the X and IX, if so some of us would love to hear it.

And pleeeeaaaase drop the "modded vs. unmodded/modded" argument.
Old Dec 5, 2007, 10:02 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ToddMcF2002
Stop making excuses for a car that is now as weak as a MazdaSpeed 6.

People were actually looking to track the Evo X. All Show NO GO.
Jesus! Are you people serious! There hasn't been one article written that has given the X a bad review. Not one! Even the Best Motoring tests showed the X to be within 10ths of a second on track compared to the outgoing STi and Evo IX. So where do you get that the X is as weak as a MazdaSpeed 6.? Time to put the crack-pipe down...
Old Dec 5, 2007, 10:16 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by eddie
Jesus! Are you people serious! There hasn't been one article written that has given the X a bad review. Not one! Even the Best Motoring tests showed the X to be within 10ths of a second on track compared to the outgoing STi and Evo IX. So where do you get that the X is as weak as a MazdaSpeed 6.? Time to put the crack-pipe down...
Oh you mean those lighter JDM spec X's on the track? I'm using the pipe until further notice
Old Dec 5, 2007, 11:05 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Noob4life
How exactly is a longer and heavier chassis better than the IX?...
actually the new x is 1.5 inches shorter in length

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...test_data.html
Old Dec 5, 2007, 11:08 AM

I hate to say it but the X to me is a disapointment
Old Dec 5, 2007, 11:54 AM

Let's all just pray steps to the plate and gives us a car we can afford and be happy with.
Old Dec 5, 2007, 12:02 PM

You would have to think that they would step up the hp to compete with the sti and try to reduce the weight but it seems as if they arent really doing that at all
Old Dec 5, 2007, 12:04 PM

Yeah, I was also waiting for this car, with high expectations, and although I am still satisfied with it, I ended up getting an Evo VIII instead. Had my Evo for about a month now and I love it's "raw" feeling. I just got out of college, so I don't think I could really afford the new one anyways, plus I plan to eventually trade in to get the new one after they improve it abit with later generations of the X.
Old Dec 5, 2007, 12:45 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ToddMcF2002
Oh you mean those lighter JDM spec X's on the track? I'm using the pipe until further notice
Yes I mean the lighter JDM spec X. You know. The ones they tested against the lighter JDM spec IX, lighter JDM spec STi and lighter JDM spec Skyline. That X.

Now be sure to share that pipe with the rest of the class...

Quick Reply: WOW what a disappointment!!!!