Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

WOW what a disappointment!!!!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2007, 09:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WOW what a disappointment!!!!

I have been anxiously awaiting the Evo X and after reading most of the available reviews on the web I have come to the conclusion that this car is a serious disappointment. should have considered giving this car some more power considering the weight, the fact that a 23,000 caliber srt 4 will have a substantially higher trap speed in the quarter mile puts this in perspective. I'm ok with the looks of the car, a wingless GSR would be pretty hot IMO, the chassis also seems top notch, but those aren't my favorite aspects of the evo; straight line performance is where my heart lies and this car just isn't prepared to preform like it should at it's current weight.

Am I being to harsh.......

God , give this car 300hp AT LEAST!
Old Dec 2, 2007, 09:40 AM
Evolved Member

Considering the weight, I'd say 340+hp would've been nice. That would probably make the 14.0 second X a consistant low 13 second car.

But heck, instead of more HP, I'd rather have 150-200lbs shaved off the curb weight.
Old Dec 2, 2007, 09:41 AM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
no, the new X will be a better all around car then the previus ones. But looks like will be less in the track, and loosing some edge. Its okey ,this is happened once already, when the VII came out. And then everything did go back on track whit the VIII -IX.
Totally new car and new designes, so let it work it out the next year or two!
Old Dec 2, 2007, 09:54 AM
Evolving Member

Yeah the price went up and it will be outperformed by quite a few cars that cost less money. Maybe if they would of worried about more performance to overcome the weight gain instead of this tc-sst tranny.
Old Dec 2, 2007, 10:16 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by tons0torque
straight line performance is where my heart lies and this car just isn't prepared to preform like it should at it's current weight.
...then this isn't the car for you. The expectation that the EVO is a drag car has always been an unrealistic one. While a rally inspired car should be fast off the line, straight line performance will always be secondary to handling. So far it appears as though the X excels in the handling department.

That being said, there are 2 reasons previous EVOs have done well in drag racing:

-AWD
-the 4g63 engine

Personally, I'm glad to see the focus remain on what the car's priorities are. Straight line performance in the past has been a by-product of the design. If you want true straight line performance, get something with more than 4 cylinders.

Cabo
Old Dec 2, 2007, 10:18 AM
Evolved Member

Stop making excuses for a car that is now as weak as a MazdaSpeed 6.

People were actually looking to track the Evo X. All Show NO GO.
Old Dec 2, 2007, 10:26 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ToddMcF2002
Stop making excuses for a car that is now as weak as a MazdaSpeed 6.

People were actually looking to track the Evo X. All Show NO GO.
Not making any excuses here -- just stating some facts. As was stated earlier, it's a new platform and engine so performance will probably improve over time.

The car can still be taken to the track. While there isn't as much potential for improvement as in previous versions, the differences stock for stock won't make much difference for most owners.

It is what it is...if you don't like what's new, then stick with what's old!

Cabo
Old Dec 2, 2007, 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by tons0torque
I have been anxiously awaiting the Evo X and after reading most of the available reviews on the web I have come to the conclusion that this car is a serious disappointment. should have considered giving this car some more power considering the weight, the fact that a 23,000 caliber srt 4 will have a substantially higher trap speed in the quarter mile puts this in perspective. I'm ok with the looks of the car, a wingless GSR would be pretty hot IMO, the chassis also seems top notch, but those aren't my favorite aspects of the evo; straight line performance is where my heart lies and this car just isn't prepared to preform like it should at it's current weight.

Am I being to harsh.......

God , give this car 300hp AT LEAST!
atleast give it a test drive before making your decision.
Old Dec 2, 2007, 10:30 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Cabo
Not making any excuses here -- just stating some facts. As was stated earlier, it's a new platform and engine so performance will probably improve over time.

The car can still be taken to the track. While there isn't as much potential for improvement as in previous versions, the differences stock for stock won't make much difference for most owners.

It is what it is...if you don't like what's new, then stick with what's old!

Cabo
I REFUSE to accept a car that traps at 96MPH that says EVOLUTION on the back.

Its not too late. Mitsu reads this site.

You know that the UK is going to have a fully warrantied FQ 330 and perhaps FQ 360 5spd? Why should North America get an anemic version?

I'm not anti X at all. I'm anti ***** X.
Old Dec 2, 2007, 10:35 AM

count me in. Way too much hype. This reminds me of the G37 hype and dissapointment compared to concept car. I'm ready to pass on buying the X. The JDM version is not impressive and the USDM will be SLOWER.

Even if the acceleration times is not an improvement than why is there no noticable improvement on the track? Mitsu WTF were you smoking and trying to sell possibly thousands over EVO IX?? I was ready to buy in Jan..........I'm already looking at other cars now.
Old Dec 2, 2007, 10:35 AM
Evolved Member

Its not too late. Mitsu reads this site.
Exactly -- there's still time to make adjustments before the final product is released. The performance numbers still mean nothing at this point.

You know that the UK is going to have a fully warrantied FQ 330 and perhaps FQ 360 5spd? Why should North America get an anemic version?
Because North America always gets watered-down versions of every good performance car from Japan and Europe. It's the price we pay for living in a politically correct country. It's only going to get worse.

Cabo
Old Dec 2, 2007, 10:40 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Cabo
Exactly -- there's still time to make adjustments before the final product is released. The performance numbers still mean nothing at this point.

Because North America always gets watered-down versions of every good performance car from Japan and Europe. It's the price we pay for living in a politically correct country. It's only going to get worse.

Cabo
I disagree. The new M3 is an example of a car that (like the X) is switching to a GT focus and still laying down enough power and handling prowess to challenge the CSL nevermind the "normal" production M3.

We don't have to accept this.
Old Dec 2, 2007, 10:48 AM
Evolved Member

If the GSR is rumored to be ~$35k, I wonder how much the FQ330 would be...$40k+?
Old Dec 2, 2007, 10:50 AM
Evolving Member

If you want to make a statement to Mitsubishi -- speak with your wallets and don't buy one. Let's be realistic, no way a month out they are suddenly going to add 40 hp to the car or suddenly shave 300 lbs from the car.
Old Dec 2, 2007, 10:54 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Yodobashi
If you want to make a statement to Mitsubishi -- speak with your wallets and don't buy one. Let's be realistic, no way a month out they are suddenly going to add 40 hp to the car or suddenly shave 300 lbs from the car.
Amen. Money is the only way to truly make a statement.

I don't expect any major changes like weight reduction or power increase, but something as simple as a reflash or a part change can make a noticable difference. We'll see what happens when people start buying them and posting here.

Cabo

Quick Reply: WOW what a disappointment!!!!