Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Evo x pricing from Edmunds

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2007, 08:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by EvolvedVIII
No kidding, BMW actually charges like 600-1000 for metallic paint.
I think he was talking about the fact that with an ECU upgrade and an exhaust system, that engine puts down over 390 wheel hp and still gets exceptional cruising gas mileage.

And i'm sorry, i understand a little bit about prices of cars increasing. . .but a $6000 increase in price of the base model. . .pleeeease mitsubishi.

I was 100% sold and GOING to get an X, but now Mitsubish has done an exceptional job of convincing me other wise, especially if performance figures are true.

And you guys obsessing over AWD cars under 40 grand. . .do you really think that car having AWD makes it worth more than $40,000? Give me a break. While you are actually using that AWD and doing sharp turns maybe 3 days a week, I'll be enjoying sub 4.7 second 0-60 in a 135 with above mentioned mods and not to mention IT WON'T BE A MITSUBISHI, every single time my *** touches that seat. But please, I deplore you, waste your money on this car becasue its AWD, afterall that is by far the most important thing when looking for a sports car. But hey, you are right, its not like my insurance will be cheaper, i'll get better gas mileage with two more cylinders, get free maintenance for 4 years, be driving a BMW, be driving a faster car, be driving a better looking car, or be driving and overall much nicer car for the same price. . .GO FOR IT!

Last edited by LivinJUGGERNAUT; Dec 12, 2007 at 08:51 PM.
Old Dec 12, 2007, 09:05 PM
Evolved Member

Well, if you're considering dropping $40k+ on an EVO and $modding$ it to get more power (to negate the extra 300lbs).....you might consider finding a deal on a '08 C6 'Vette (last year I saw leftover '07 models for $40-$42k)

Low 12 second 1/4-mile STOCK, faster than a Audi R8 on the road course, 3200lbs and a 100k warranty.

Oh yeah, 26mpg on the highway, too!

Last edited by E. Haskell; Dec 12, 2007 at 09:07 PM.
Old Dec 12, 2007, 10:44 PM

Yup def looking at a Vette or 135i now. If any of these 'enthusiasts' ever read real car magazines they know that most race car drivers prefer RWD.

Why do you think indy cars, stock cars, etc are all RWD? If AWD was superior then they'd be in the most superior race cars in the world, but it isn't.

None of us are going to be rally sporting in Evo's or any car we buy. Hell I wouldn't even wanna take mine down a dirt road because of the dirt and beating my suspension and alignment would take.

for $40k i'll just go buy a used C6 with 20k or less miles and a truck for the winter, GG mitsu.

The C6 will pwn any mitsubishi anything that is on any of the roads drivin in south east lower michigan for 300miles in any direction. Oh yes the mitsu would do better in the rain and snow! but who races in the rain or snow other than complete idiots who are one dumbass move away from a tombstone and a crying mother...seriously

mistubishi doesn't have the 'name' to charge this much for a car. that is what people are griping about.

I know we all have our opinions of BMW drivers, but they have a point, for the same price you can get a 135i with a better engine. OKOK you say it's not the same class as mitsu because it's 2door and RWD but there are a lot of us that we are usually only driving around by ourselves or with 1 other person.

If that isn't true everyone *****ing about the new evo being heavier and slower better never load it up with 4 people because your 0 to 60 times will go up to like 5.8 or over 6.0 seconds!!! esp if you have friends that weigh around 200-250 ;-p

$ for $ there are a lot better options out there, and I hate to say it but if the Mazda Speed 6 was being sold in 2008 they would be getting a ****load of customers on Evo X launch day.

You could get a 270ish hp turbo AWD with leather for $27k out the door. I'm sure with $12k of mods (which would equal the price of the base MR) you could probably smoke the evo... or just leave it stock, and pay for your gas/insurance for 6 years with the cash you saved...

I wasn't expecting miracles either...

I wanted a GSR (cuz of the manual), w/ leather/ sight/sound blablab so i could have the nav/mp3/subs and was expecting to pay $35k for that.

now they pimp the GSR not giving it the good wheels or breaks and it'll be $34k base before you add anything... lame

plus all, don't forget since it will have such crap gas mileage you will probably end up paying gas guzzler tax on it (you do at least here in MI) that's another $1000-$1500 on top of that

no thanks

for that kind of money i will go to a company with a more proven engine/name
Old Dec 13, 2007, 02:47 AM
Ike
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by msatchmo
Yup def looking at a Vette or 135i now. If any of these 'enthusiasts' ever read real car magazines they know that most race car drivers prefer RWD.

Why do you think indy cars, stock cars, etc are all RWD? If AWD was superior then they'd be in the most superior race cars in the world, but it isn't.

None of us are going to be rally sporting in Evo's or any car we buy. Hell I wouldn't even wanna take mine down a dirt road because of the dirt and beating my suspension and alignment would take.

for $40k i'll just go buy a used C6 with 20k or less miles and a truck for the winter, GG mitsu.

The C6 will pwn any mitsubishi anything that is on any of the roads drivin in south east lower michigan for 300miles in any direction. Oh yes the mitsu would do better in the rain and snow! but who races in the rain or snow other than complete idiots who are one dumbass move away from a tombstone and a crying mother...seriously

mistubishi doesn't have the 'name' to charge this much for a car. that is what people are griping about.

I know we all have our opinions of BMW drivers, but they have a point, for the same price you can get a 135i with a better engine. OKOK you say it's not the same class as mitsu because it's 2door and RWD but there are a lot of us that we are usually only driving around by ourselves or with 1 other person.

If that isn't true everyone *****ing about the new evo being heavier and slower better never load it up with 4 people because your 0 to 60 times will go up to like 5.8 or over 6.0 seconds!!! esp if you have friends that weigh around 200-250 ;-p

$ for $ there are a lot better options out there, and I hate to say it but if the Mazda Speed 6 was being sold in 2008 they would be getting a ****load of customers on Evo X launch day.

You could get a 270ish hp turbo AWD with leather for $27k out the door. I'm sure with $12k of mods (which would equal the price of the base MR) you could probably smoke the evo... or just leave it stock, and pay for your gas/insurance for 6 years with the cash you saved...

I wasn't expecting miracles either...

I wanted a GSR (cuz of the manual), w/ leather/ sight/sound blablab so i could have the nav/mp3/subs and was expecting to pay $35k for that.

now they pimp the GSR not giving it the good wheels or breaks and it'll be $34k base before you add anything... lame

plus all, don't forget since it will have such crap gas mileage you will probably end up paying gas guzzler tax on it (you do at least here in MI) that's another $1000-$1500 on top of that

no thanks

for that kind of money i will go to a company with a more proven engine/name
1.) AWD is banned in just about every high level form of racing. If it were legal AWD would most likely dominate every touring car series on the planet, much like it did prior to being banned. AWD was never seriously campaigned in any open wheel racing prior to the bans but due to the nature of those type of cars they're probably better off RWD.

2.) There are a good amount of people that do various rally events in their Evo's. Sometimes in near stock trim at a simple rallyx all the way up to fully prepped cars in various classes at larger rally events.

3.) So you're going to get a more expensive car than the Evo, then you have to buy a winter vehicle therefore not only paying for two cars but also insuring two cars and paying for their upkeep. Some of us like to keep things simple and have one practical yet very fun car that we can drive all year around and only take up one garage space. Kooky, I know...

4.) The 135 is going to be a nice little car, but just because a coupe suits you and you don't see the need for a sedan doesn't mean it's the better car. When it comes to handling and driving pleasure I have little doubt the Evo X will still be better even though I'm not exactly happy with the X.

5.) Why would the Mazdaspeed 6 sales be any less pathetic in 2008 than it was the last two years. It's a good car, but it's nowhere near the drivers car an Evo is and adding every mod known to exist for the MS6 will not change that fact.

6.) I think your math concenring insurance costs and gas over 6 years is even worse than your ricer math.

7.) Ok, now you're really losing me, the GSR has the same brakes as the MR and it also has nice alloy wheels...

8.) Don't let garage door close on your Cavalier on the way out...
Old Dec 13, 2007, 05:04 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by msatchmo

who races on the streets and highways to begin with?

oh yeah, dumbass worthless scum.
Old Dec 13, 2007, 06:10 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by LivinJUGGERNAUT
I think he was talking about the fact that with an ECU upgrade and an exhaust system, that engine puts down over 390 wheel hp and still gets exceptional cruising gas mileage.

And i'm sorry, i understand a little bit about prices of cars increasing. . .but a $6000 increase in price of the base model. . .pleeeease mitsubishi.

I was 100% sold and GOING to get an X, but now Mitsubish has done an exceptional job of convincing me other wise, especially if performance figures are true.

And you guys obsessing over AWD cars under 40 grand. . .do you really think that car having AWD makes it worth more than $40,000? Give me a break. While you are actually using that AWD and doing sharp turns maybe 3 days a week, I'll be enjoying sub 4.7 second 0-60 in a 135 with above mentioned mods and not to mention IT WON'T BE A MITSUBISHI, every single time my *** touches that seat. But please, I deplore you, waste your money on this car becasue its AWD, afterall that is by far the most important thing when looking for a sports car. But hey, you are right, its not like my insurance will be cheaper, i'll get better gas mileage with two more cylinders, get free maintenance for 4 years, be driving a BMW, be driving a faster car, be driving a better looking car, or be driving and overall much nicer car for the same price. . .GO FOR IT!
I see you are not a real Evo enthusiast. Lancer Evo, and Galant VR-4 prior to Evo, always had 2.0l turbo engines that were powerful and made the cars quick BUT those are rally machines. Rally cars, first and foremost are about handling/cornering/drifting, if you want a straight line 0-60 machine then there are better choices for about the same money than Evo X (American muscle comes to mind). BUT 135i won't handle like an Evo and thats the selling point for Evo X. Also, when it comes to looks, looks are objective, but if you would see Evo X and 135i side by side I don't think you would be so enthusiastic about 135i aesthetically, to keep it short, it's not a pretty car. Also, BMW may be a more refined car but interiorwise it's also understated like an Evo X, plus Evo X doesn't have the retarted iDrive system.

Also, about the "simple" ECU upgrade for 135i that will generate 390whp, keep on dreaming, if you are referring to Vinschu then the most you'll get is about 35-40whp and an improvement of about 0.2-0.3 in 0-60, not too bad but also not as good as you would like people to believe. Also, during agressive driving the MPG go to the crapper, a friend of mine has a 335i with Vinschu upgrade, fast car but it's very thirsty.

And one last thing, BMW 135i weights about 100lbs less than 335i, it's a very heavy car for such a small stature, Evo X can actually compete for interior space with 335i (although it has a bit smaller trunk but the rear seat seems to be roomier).

Last edited by blitzkrieg79; Dec 13, 2007 at 06:21 AM.
Old Dec 13, 2007, 06:13 AM
Evolved Member

Yes, the value of the US dollar is weak, thanks to Pres. Bush. Blame him, not Mitsu.

Last edited by EVO X Owner-2-B; Dec 13, 2007 at 06:31 AM.
Old Dec 13, 2007, 06:25 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by billyblonco
The evo x has the same awd system as the ix they just added ayc and stability control!
You might want to read up a bit before making untrue comments, http://media.mitsubishicars.com/deta...26132&mime=ASC
Old Dec 13, 2007, 09:20 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've never seen so many ignorant posts in one thread, ever.

People who want to buy a BMW will buy a BMW, people who want to buy a Mitsu will buy a Mitsu. You guys comming up with false stats/facts will not change anyones mind. I hope that when you go to buy a car you test drive it first and not paper race it over the internet.

Quick question does the ECU upgrade void the BMW warranty? That might be another thing you want to consider if it does.
Old Dec 13, 2007, 09:34 AM
Evolving Member

Lancer Quality, Honda Accord Performance at a BMW price.

Who in thier right mind would spend over $40K on a modified Lancer that barely out performs a V6 Honda Accord? No Evo X for me. For that money I'd get a 335 or an G37, or even an IS350. All the cars mentioned have a much higher quality interior (and everything else) than the Evo, and they are all faster than the EVO. Combine that with the fact that the EVO cost about the same as the cars mentioned above the EVO is a horrible value.
Old Dec 13, 2007, 09:35 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by EvilRob
I've never seen so many ignorant posts in one thread, ever.

People who want to buy a BMW will buy a BMW, people who want to buy a Mitsu will buy a Mitsu.
Not true dude. What about the people who are deciding between the 2? Like me and several other folks.
Old Dec 13, 2007, 09:46 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Spoonie
Not true dude. What about the people who are deciding between the 2? Like me and several other folks.
Did you by any chance finish reading my entire sentence?
Old Dec 13, 2007, 09:48 AM
Evolving Member

Who in thier right mind would spend over $40K on a modified Lancer that barely out performs a V6 Honda Accord? .
wow, an accord can pull off .97g's?
Old Dec 13, 2007, 09:53 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by LivinJUGGERNAUT

Dude who are you trying to convience not to get AWD especially world's best and thats the X. 135i look like poop to me compared to X
Old Dec 13, 2007, 09:54 AM
Evolved Member

Who in thier right mind would spend over $40K on a modified Lancer that barely out performs a V6 Honda Accord? No Evo X for me. For that money I'd get a 335 or an G37, or even an IS350. All the cars mentioned have a much higher quality interior (and everything else) than the Evo, and they are all faster than the EVO. Combine that with the fact that the EVO cost about the same as the cars mentioned above the EVO is a horrible value.
A V6 Camry is faster than BMW 328 yet it's thousands less expensive, who in their right mind would buy a BMW 328 over a V6 Camry?

Evo has something that none of the mentioned cars have, a sophisticated AWD system that makes the car corner like no other at it's price range. But again, how would you know that, you are a 0-60 drag racing fanatic. Why do you even bother posting on evolutionm.net when you have no clue about what Lancer Evo is about? Tell me, what is easier to accomplish, increase HP in an engine or add an AWD system and modify the chassis and stiffen it?

Quick Reply: Evo x pricing from Edmunds