Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Evo x pricing from Edmunds

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2007, 05:38 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by blitzkrieg79
A V6 Camry is faster than BMW 328 yet it's thousands less expensive, who in their right mind would buy a BMW 328 over a V6 Camry?
That's not the same thing. The camry doesn't cost the same as the BMW. The Evo is in the BMW's price range. I like the EVO X alot but when you start entering into the 40k territory you better be able to deliver.
Old Dec 13, 2007, 07:32 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by system60
Why is he gonna HAVE to get a seperate winter car ?

This whole AWD is the only way in the winter is getting old.

People got around in the winter years ago when there was only RWD and god knows Tires back then were exactly anything special even compared to the worst tires available today
I agree. Throw on a set of blizzaks (you'll need to change the EVOs tires too) and RWD should be fine. Most of today's RWD car also have stability control and close to 50/50 weight distribution.
Old Dec 13, 2007, 07:39 PM
Evolved Member

double post
Old Dec 13, 2007, 11:14 PM

Originally Posted by Spoonie
That's not the same thing. The camry doesn't cost the same as the BMW. The Evo is in the BMW's price range. I like the EVO X alot but when you start entering into the 40k territory you better be able to deliver.
It does deliver it out handles the bmw with a .99 g. and you cant compare bmw with evo because bmw is a luxury car and evo is a sport car. Its like saying would you rather have a 2004 325i or a evo ix mr, about the same price range but you see more 325 since its a luxury car. evo x is slower true but it handles a lot better and you still dont know how well tuning will be so just give it time before judging
Old Dec 13, 2007, 11:36 PM

Originally Posted by blitzkrieg79
Also, when it comes to looks, looks are objective, but if you would see Evo X and 135i side by side I don't think you would be so enthusiastic about 135i aesthetically, to keep it short, it's not a pretty car.
Seriously, in pictures I thought it looked just fine; but when I saw it at the LA auto show it was... just kinda meh...

Now, the Audi R8, thats a car pics don't do justice. It shocked me how nice I thought it looked. I also think the Evo X looks better in person.
Old Dec 14, 2007, 10:01 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by getoesouljah
It does deliver it out handles the bmw with a .99 g. and you cant compare bmw with evo because bmw is a luxury car and evo is a sport car. Its like saying would you rather have a 2004 325i or a evo ix mr, about the same price range but you see more 325 since its a luxury car. evo x is slower true but it handles a lot better and you still dont know how well tuning will be so just give it time before judging
I don't mind the x being slower than the ix. jus' don't it to be significantly slower.
Old Dec 14, 2007, 11:33 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by eddie
Yeah but it's still cheaper then a new STi at $36,000.
and slower
Old Dec 14, 2007, 12:01 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by system60
Why is he gonna HAVE to get a seperate winter car ?

This whole AWD is the only way in the winter is getting old.

People got around in the winter years ago when there was only RWD and god knows Tires back then were exactly anything special even compared to the worst tires available today
very true...i mean of course awd or 4wd is better but i used to drive my '88 toyota truck around in the snow without taking the time to get out and turn the knobs to lock in the 4wd...lol....2wd with hardly any weight on the back of the truck...never had any problems....people just don't know how to drive anymore
Old Dec 14, 2007, 01:00 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Spoonie

You need to check your figures.

The 328 ix AWD manual transmission w/ a 230 hp engine starts @ 35,075. And that's a stripped down base model with absolutely no options, vinyl seats, and 16 inch wheels

To step up and get the 300hp 335 AWD, the base is 41,575. Another stripped down car with vinyl interior and 17 inch wheels.

Add minimum 3-4 grand to get some decent options. More like 6-7 with navigation and all the goodies.

Yeah, you're really making the EVO X look bad with those specs.

Last edited by jperryrocks; Dec 14, 2007 at 01:13 PM.
Old Dec 14, 2007, 01:16 PM
EvoM Community Team

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I just built a $41,375 335i sedan (includes delivery). I added the sport package for $1700 to the base car (which is very well equipped to start with). Black exterior with black leatherette interior. That pretty much builds a car that provides the same level of options and performance as the Evo X MR.

Plus, the BMW comes with free service/maintenance for 4 years. That's easily worth $1500-$2000. So, now that BMW 335i comes in just under $40K. The Evo X MR will cost $39K.

And, I didn't build a 335ix with the AWD system because you don't need AWD in a BMW. The RWD performs just fine in all weather conditions.

It's not good for the X when you can get a comparably equipped BMW 335 for essentially the same price.
Old Dec 14, 2007, 01:31 PM
Evolving Member

That's a 2WD car. Compare apples to apples. You can always build stripped down 2wd cars with few if any options to make them look better.

Bottom line is that whatever you do to the EVO X, you're getting 300hp and AWD. Ah, and now the 2wd is just "fine" and doesn't matter. Put a smatter of rain on a track and go ***** out, and lets see if the AWD doesn't matter. RWD cars tend to suck in the rain, and AWD does make a huge differnece to me.

Last edited by jperryrocks; Dec 14, 2007 at 01:40 PM.
Old Dec 14, 2007, 01:47 PM
EvoM Community Team

2WD vs AWD is a matter of preference. The Evo doesn't happen to offer a 2WD version. That's Mitsu's design choice. You don't need AWD in a 3-series to get great driving performance. It's actully better to have a RWD 3-series from a performance standpoint.

Are you one of those guys that believes AWD is the best thing in performance driving? Yes, it does have its advantages, but it by no means is it the best way to build a performance car.

And, the 335i is not a "stripped down" car. Go read their standard features list. It has everything a base Evo X MR will have. So, would you call the base MR stripped down? I don't think so.

Also have to mention that the BMW will come with better build quality and much higher quality interior materials. That definitely counts for something. And, it's also a BMW and not a Mitsubishi. Go talk to a friend who doesn't know much about cars and ask them if they would rather own a BMW or Mitsu.

Point of my post was that you can get a comparably equipped 335 for the same price as an MR. I proved that point.

Last edited by atombomb33; Dec 15, 2007 at 07:57 AM.
Old Dec 14, 2007, 01:59 PM
EvoM Community Team

And, if you really have to have the AWD vs AWD comparison, then you can get a 335ix for $41,575. That car would be comparably equipped to an Evo X MR. Then, you get the 4 years of free mainenance which is about $1500-$2000. So, a 335ix costs just under $40K...

That's just dangerously close in price to a car (or other cars) that the overwhelming majority of consumers will think is the much better car and would rather own the BMW.

Last edited by atombomb33; Dec 14, 2007 at 02:05 PM.
Old Dec 14, 2007, 02:06 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by adambl03
I just built a $41,375 335i sedan (includes delivery). I added the sport package for $1700 to the base car (which is very well equipped to start with). Black exterior with black leatherette interior. That pretty much builds a car that provides the same level of options and performance as the Evo X MR.

Plus, the BMW comes with free service/maintenance for 4 years. That's easily worth $1500-$2000. So, now that BMW 335i comes in just under $40K. The Evo X MR will cost $39K.

And, I didn't build a 335ix with the AWD system because you don't need AWD in a BMW. The RWD performs just fine in all weather conditions.

It's not good for the X when you can get a comparably equipped BMW 335 for essentially the same price.

evoX 39K? where did you get that beside the speculations from the test drivers ?? evo has no competetion >36K at the most
Old Dec 14, 2007, 02:09 PM
EvoM Community Team

Originally Posted by si_to_evo
evoX 39K? where did you get that beside the speculations from the test drivers ?? evo has no competetion >36K at the most
There are plenty of sources reporting the base GSR will start at $34K and the base MR will start at $39K I won't do the research for you...you'll have to do that on your own time.

Quick Reply: Evo x pricing from Edmunds