Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Car and Driver: Quickest Sedans of 2008

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2007, 03:09 PM
Evolving Member

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
in my eyes, AWD is better for novice drivers with little to moderate driving skill... it helps compensate for bad judgment.... ive had many RWD'S and AWD'S, and i can say, im more confident in the canyons and on road coarses in my evo than i was in my rx7..im able to confidently take corners faster in the evo.... now for advanced to professional drivers, i dont think it really makes a difference what they are driving, becuase their skill gets them around the corners, not the car...

as for the power discussion... im sure since this 4b11 is a new motor, they are testing the waters with it in the real world, and in a few years (just like the VIII to IX) they will increase the power output... im sure this motor has been tested and tested, but this is by professionals who know how to drive... give it to a dip**** kid, and who knows what kind of abuse they can do to it.... im sure they just wanna see how well it can handle real world abuse... if if it fairs well, they will increase horsepower
Old Dec 16, 2007, 05:28 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by vipers
in my eyes, AWD is better for novice drivers with little to moderate driving skill... it helps compensate for bad judgment.... ive had many RWD'S and AWD'S, and i can say, im more confident in the canyons and on road coarses in my evo than i was in my rx7..im able to confidently take corners faster in the evo.... now for advanced to professional drivers, i dont think it really makes a difference what they are driving, becuase their skill gets them around the corners, not the car...

as for the power discussion... im sure since this 4b11 is a new motor, they are testing the waters with it in the real world, and in a few years (just like the VIII to IX) they will increase the power output... im sure this motor has been tested and tested, but this is by professionals who know how to drive... give it to a dip**** kid, and who knows what kind of abuse they can do to it.... im sure they just wanna see how well it can handle real world abuse... if if it fairs well, they will increase horsepower
On the other hand, for daily driving in snowwy conditions: its AWD or FWD. RWD is out of the question for us. I used to LOL at the mustang kids in highschool who couldnt get up the 10degree incline into the parking lot when it was icey outside.
Old Dec 18, 2007, 04:18 PM

Story has it it palaced third bc it is slower than the IX. But between the automan trans and the light weight panneling, it is quicker on the track.
Old Dec 18, 2007, 04:35 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by raghavghei
no wonder cops are allover this car ahaha
The police Chargers aren't the 400 HP SRT-8's, they're the 340 HP R/T's. You can easily outrun 'em, since they're even porkier than the Evo X's .

http://www.dodgeboy.net/news/charger_police/index.htm

Tom
Old Dec 21, 2007, 11:51 PM
Evolving Member

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by felickz
On the other hand, for daily driving in snowwy conditions: its AWD or FWD. RWD is out of the question for us. I used to LOL at the mustang kids in highschool who couldnt get up the 10degree incline into the parking lot when it was icey outside.
true, im a socal guy, so i dont think my car will ever see snow (unless im going snowboarding up in the mountains)
Old Dec 22, 2007, 04:45 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by tlcoll1
The police Chargers aren't the 400 HP SRT-8's, they're the 340 HP R/T's. You can easily outrun 'em, since they're even porkier than the Evo X's .

http://www.dodgeboy.net/news/charger_police/index.htm

Tom
till they shoot out your tires lol
Old Dec 22, 2007, 05:01 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by evo_soul
till they shoot out your tires lol
lol
I dont think the X did to bad. Its has a new motor and chassis, Mitsus new reiteration of the Evo hasnt been proven for a couple years like the VII-IX and somehow it still tops the list at number 3.
Old Dec 22, 2007, 07:57 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Sabba
Story has it it palaced third bc it is slower than the IX. But between the automan trans and the light weight panneling, it is quicker on the track.
" light weight panneling " WTF ?
btw its slower on a road track
Old Dec 22, 2007, 11:12 PM

isisnt the 335 bme soppose to be 5.2 sec 0-60??
Old Dec 23, 2007, 03:56 AM

damn my lame *** 300C got smoked
Old Dec 23, 2007, 04:16 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by DrSmile
Just in case people missed it...

"Yes, it’s slower and heavier than the outgoing model. Sharing a chassis with the Dodge Caliber can do that."
thats sad
Old Dec 23, 2007, 07:53 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Jakeg97
thats sad
Evolved from a Dodge Caliber. That explained the tallness of the X.
Old Dec 23, 2007, 08:43 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by felickz
That's not because of rwd, that's because he didn't have the properly equipped tires.
Old Dec 23, 2007, 12:30 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by juice_evo_VII
VA State Police have a few of them already eating up the taxpayer money.
CHP (California Highway Patrol) is going to have the chargers replace the crown victorias very soon. The car has two modes that can be changed at a touch of a button. V4 engine for cruising to not use much gas, and then V8 when pursuits occur.
Old Dec 24, 2007, 11:31 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Spoon Man
Just out of curiousity, how old are you and what type of car tuning experience do you have? Every post I have seen from you is complete BS and it shows. You make lame posts against the X yet it hasn't even hit our shores yet. You seem to be an 18-20 year old kid looking to back up his decision to buy a used Evo 8/9.
yes the 8/9 is a cool car. If you are going to buy one, great. Don't fill the forums with lame BS about how the x is "slow" and "over weight." The X hauls a$$ stock and we are yet to see what it is even capable of.

Spoon
Well, I had enough info to decide to buy the IX over the incoming X. Heck, just seeing the steering wheel controls, and reading "Automatic Climate Control" was enough for me. You have to be able to rely on what you read, 'cuz chances are you aren't gonna be able to test drive one in your intended enviornment, or drive it long enough to come away with a really good idea of how the car works(or doesn't). Granted, I wanted a hard edged trackmobile, but even if I was looking for a "Luxo-Sport-Tourer", at the X's price point, I wouldn't even give it a serious look.
You can spend the same amount of money on a 335, and get more for what you plunk down. Once again, this is based off what I've read. Unless the production car shows up set up totally different than what's been reported, or they replace the Mitsu emblem with one that has a rotating prop (BMW), it's not worth $40K plus, IMO.

Quick Reply: Car and Driver: Quickest Sedans of 2008