Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Car and Driver: Quickest Sedans of 2008

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2007, 05:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car and Driver: Quickest Sedans of 2008

The EVO placed 3rd. I haven't seen those performance numbers before though.

Tenth Place: 2008 Volkswagen Passat 3.6
Ninth Place: 2008 Cadillac CTS V-6 DI
Eighth Place: Buick LaCrosse Super
Seventh Place: 2008 Acura TL Type-S
Sixth Place: 2008 Chrysler 300C
Fifth Place: 2008 Infiniti G35
Forth Place: 2008 Lexus IS350
Third Place: 2008 Mitsubishi Lancer Evo
Second Place: 2008 BMW 335i
First Place: 2008 Dodge Charger SRT8

Last edited by deegers82; Dec 14, 2007 at 05:42 PM.
Old Dec 14, 2007, 05:47 PM
Evolved Member

Good article, but a good 0-60 straight acceleration time doesn't make the best all around sports car. FOr straight line acceleration I would have picked the American muscle cars over previous generation Evo VII-IX. They even mentioned it in the Evo X review, Evo is fast at everything, not just straight line, thats what this car is about, it's a lot easier to build a 6.0l drag racing machine then a nimble 2.0l turbocharged AWD rally machine. Evo X was able to match the skipad number of Ferrari F430, now that is what is impressive. Adding horsepower is a lot easier than improving handling characteristics of a car.

Last edited by blitzkrieg79; Dec 14, 2007 at 05:49 PM.
Old Dec 14, 2007, 05:47 PM
Evolving Member

Sad but true.
Old Dec 14, 2007, 07:52 PM
Evolving Member

Just in case people missed it...

"Yes, it’s slower and heavier than the outgoing model. Sharing a chassis with the Dodge Caliber can do that."

You gotta give props to the SRT8... 109mph is awesome for a stock mph considering how heavy that car is.
Old Dec 14, 2007, 08:22 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by DrSmile
Just in case people missed it...

"Yes, it’s slower and heavier than the outgoing model. Sharing a chassis with the Dodge Caliber can do that."

You gotta give props to the SRT8... 109mph is awesome for a stock mph considering how heavy that car is.
You forgot to mention...173-mph top speed!!!!!!!!!!
Old Dec 14, 2007, 08:49 PM
Evolving Member

The only AWD on the list?
Old Dec 14, 2007, 10:59 PM

If it's so easy to make HP, why didn't mitsu make more to compensate for the car being overweight?
Old Dec 14, 2007, 11:30 PM

Originally Posted by msatchmo
If it's so easy to make HP, why didn't mitsu make more to compensate for the car being overweight?
Just out of curiousity, how old are you and what type of car tuning experience do you have? Every post I have seen from you is complete BS and it shows. You make lame posts against the X yet it hasn't even hit our shores yet. You seem to be an 18-20 year old kid looking to back up his decision to buy a used Evo 8/9.
yes the 8/9 is a cool car. If you are going to buy one, great. Don't fill the forums with lame BS about how the x is "slow" and "over weight." The X hauls a$$ stock and we are yet to see what it is even capable of.

Spoon
Old Dec 14, 2007, 11:36 PM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Spoon Man
Just out of curiousity, how old are you and what type of car tuning experience do you have? Every post I have seen from you is complete BS and it shows. You make lame posts against the X yet it hasn't even hit our shores yet. You seem to be an 18-20 year old kid looking to back up his decision to buy a used Evo 8/9.
yes the 8/9 is a cool car. If you are going to buy one, great. Don't fill the forums with lame BS about how the x is "slow" and "over weight." The X hauls a$$ stock and we are yet to see what it is even capable of.

Spoon
noob vs noob
Old Dec 15, 2007, 05:08 AM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
well this C&D kind of stinky... don't you think?
where is the STI? how they test it if they don't have it, or if they do where the test was performed? On oval track? Because the 335i defenietly out handles the SRT8. Or this is a good gues???
Old Dec 15, 2007, 06:54 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Robevo RS
well this C&D kind of stinky... don't you think?
where is the STI?
The new STI is no longer a sedan.
Old Dec 15, 2007, 07:28 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Spoon
nice nailed "backup his decision to buy a used evo"
Old Dec 15, 2007, 07:49 AM

Why is the 335 in that list? It costs WELL above 30-40 grand.
Old Dec 15, 2007, 08:24 AM
EvoM Community Team

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by blitzkrieg79
Good article, but a good 0-60 straight acceleration time doesn't make the best all around sports car. FOr straight line acceleration I would have picked the American muscle cars over previous generation Evo VII-IX. They even mentioned it in the Evo X review, Evo is fast at everything, not just straight line, thats what this car is about, it's a lot easier to build a 6.0l drag racing machine then a nimble 2.0l turbocharged AWD rally machine. Evo X was able to match the skipad number of Ferrari F430, now that is what is impressive. Adding horsepower is a lot easier than improving handling characteristics of a car.
What you wrote has nothing to do with the article. The suspension design of the X doesn't help to make it any faster in a straight line. Although you do make valid points about the handling prowess of the X, that's not what the article is about

Originally Posted by LivinJUGGERNAUT
The 335i starts at $38,900. http://www.bmwusa.com/vehicles/3/335isedan/default

Originally Posted by felickz
The only AWD on the list?
AWD does not equal fast. Most AWD cars are slower than their 2WD counterparts.

Spoon
Coming from a noob with 4 posts Why jump all over that guy?

He's right. Mitsu could have designed the 4B11T with more power to compensate for the weight gain. Fact is, that they didn't and it was a poor choice.
Old Dec 15, 2007, 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by LivinJUGGERNAUT
I agree. I have been pricing them out and with just a couple options the price goes over 45,000 quickly. I haven't seen any in my area under 42k.

Quick Reply: Car and Driver: Quickest Sedans of 2008