Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

It's slower than the IX AND

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2007, 07:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^^ Robevo I think you misunderstood the point of this thread, which is people are saying the X is slower than the IX, and leaving out the VIII. My post was to illustrate that that may not really be the case, especially for those of us with the original VIII offerings.
Old Dec 17, 2007, 07:28 PM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
i know ,but you bring it up the numbers. Sorry.
And yes looks like the IX will be faster then X so far.
Old Dec 17, 2007, 07:33 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by machron1
^^ Robevo I think you misunderstood the point of this thread, which is people are saying the X is slower than the IX, and leaving out the VIII. My post was to illustrate that that may not really be the case, especially for those of us with the original VIII offerings.
While I see your point with data from 1 magazine, in practice I think the X is a letdown.

Yes, it may have all the bells and whistles, but that just makes the even worse. The X has more bhp, more torque, MIVEC (intake/exhaust), special tranny, upgraded suspension, lightweight engine block, higher compression, etc.. and still can only muster a 13.8/14.0??

-M
Old Dec 18, 2007, 06:21 AM
Evolved Member

while complying with increasingly stricter emmision and safety requirement, not to mention trying to please the hardcore purists, adding all of the ammenities and improving quality based on many complaints, and broadening the appeal so they can actually stay in business so that and XI and XII can be around someday, did i forget something?

Oh yes, (don't mean to sound like a broken record) but who gives a shijajt about 0-60 and quarter mile times, will that extra 0.2-0.4 seconds save your life or win you a $1million purse in a race? NOT. Thats why profession of tuning came into being, if cars could not be improved upon or tweaked to better performance, we wouldn't be here discussing things and if so, the most exciting thread going would be titled "who else has these cool leapard seat covers?"

This darn thing isn't even out yet (how can anyone be disappointed in something that isnt even available yet), come on mang, chill, sit back and enjoy the ride, lets talk about the X in June when its out and we know how tunable this car really is,

PEACE

I had to edit, it seems like so many people just don't listen or read or think, just throwing around their opinions like, "this thing is slow, its ugly, i am disappointed, i will never but another evo, etc." Please stop crying

Originally Posted by BOOSTEZ
While I see your point with data from 1 magazine, in practice I think the X is a letdown.

Yes, it may have all the bells and whistles, but that just makes the even worse. The X has more bhp, more torque, MIVEC (intake/exhaust), special tranny, upgraded suspension, lightweight engine block, higher compression, etc.. and still can only muster a 13.8/14.0??

-M

Last edited by pltek; Dec 18, 2007 at 08:39 AM.
Old Dec 18, 2007, 08:24 AM
XRS
Evolving Member

I am pretty disappointed with the X but I gotta admit that they did do a decent job with a brand new platform and engine. To take a different platform and new engine and get that close of performance to something that took at least 10 years to get is pretty darn good to me. I have this feeling has something else up their sleeves to cater towards the enthusiasts. I say they should just call this the Galant VR4 like it should be and move over and use the colt platform to underpin a new EVO model; something light and powerful. I believe the latest colt uses an aluminum space frame and it seems the concept RA may be built off a similar if not the same platform with the EVO X AWD technology. I don't know, it's just wishful thinking, but with them announcing the concept RA, at least they are considering something like this, and that is my small glimmer of hope for mitsubishi though it be so very small.....
Old Dec 18, 2007, 11:04 AM
Evolved Member

The colt is even uglier than the evo x.
Old Dec 18, 2007, 06:20 PM
XRS
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ExcessLancer
The colt is even uglier than the evo x.
Yeah, but I bet you could build something pretty good off that platform. That's what I meant by that. In one of the time attacks back when the colt ralliart came out, it was one of the quicker cars.

Here's one article:
http://http://www.thegarage.com.au/n..._from=&ucat=3&

And another one...........this event they even beat an EVO VIII. Now just imagine with a different body style with lower center of gravity and the EVO engine, they would have a winner. BTW is considering using this car for WRC in the future since the Lancer has grown big enough to be called a Galant in Japan.

http://www.caradvice.com.au/873/mits...-tarmac-rally/

This car would probably never reach the states though.

Last edited by XRS; Dec 18, 2007 at 06:23 PM.
Old Dec 18, 2007, 09:05 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by BOOSTEZ

-M
1. Unless you've driven it, you don't really know about how it performs "in practice." The loudest people on here seem to be the "OH MY GOD, IT IS SLOWER!" people as opposed to "OH MY GOD, IT HAS AN UPGRADED S-AYC, S-AWC, S-ABS, ASC, EBD, LOOKS BETTER, CAN COME WITH A SEQUENTIAL MANUAL, AND HAS COOL SHIFT MODES!" people (like me). Yeah, I'm disappointed it's not sickeningly fast to boot, but it's still a small ***** in what's basically a really nice set of armor, which can probably be fixed as soon as the car is ready to mod.
2. More bells and whistles are what a lot of people want and they delivered. I mean, I would at least like to spec out my $30K+ car with things available on a Camry...if I want...but that's not really what made it porky. It was the new chassis and safety equipment.
3. This is a brand new car, with a brand new engine, dealing with brand new safety and emissions laws. As such, in stock form, it's down on power in the power-to-weight side of the equation from the CT9A chassis at its pinnacle of development. They could have gone the way of Subaru and lopped off the trunk to save weight, but I'm REALLY glad they didn't. I'm sure power output will change as the car matures into the XI and XII. When I first took my VIII to the drag strip, I ran between 13.8 and 14.0. With some bolt-ons and a tune, it ran really low 13's, and that's as quick as I need any car to be. So long as people like me can get a X, bolt some things on to make some decent (not INSANE, just DECENT) power, I think it will still be a winner in most people's eyes, despite its newfound heft, and highting its newfound ammenities and sophisticated AWD system. After all, it's a rally car, which is ALL ABOUT sophisticated AWD systems!

Last edited by machron1; Dec 18, 2007 at 09:08 PM.