Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

How many VIII/IX owners are getting the X?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 26, 2007, 05:46 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How many VIII/IX owners are getting the X?

I see a lot of posts by "noobs" to the evo market posting about getting the X, what about the current VIII/IX owners that are buying or trading in there car for one.
Old Dec 26, 2007, 06:10 AM
Evolving Member

Not me. I will wait and see the fate of this car first. New tech and mitsu is like oil and water, they don't mix
Old Dec 26, 2007, 01:53 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
neither am I...why would I downgrade to a lesser model?
Old Dec 26, 2007, 02:19 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
not me. the EVO IX is the only car i've ever liked made by mitsu. when it's time to get another car it'll be a honda/acura, lexus, or BMW. i doubt i'll ever own another mitsubishi.
Old Dec 26, 2007, 03:47 PM
Evolving Member

Not me. Next it will be a 911
Old Dec 26, 2007, 04:08 PM

Have to admit Im glad I own A VIII after hearing the general news
Old Dec 26, 2007, 04:12 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by kobi2002
Not me. I will wait and see the fate of this car first. New tech and mitsu is like oil and water, they don't mix
mistubishi is the dodge of japan...which would explain why they share so much technology
Old Dec 26, 2007, 04:14 PM
Account Disabled

I am getting an X.
Old Dec 26, 2007, 04:36 PM
Evolved Member

I'm thinking about getting a X MR, but I won't get one until I know I can get a reliable ~300 whp out of it. If ever they offer a X SST FQ360, that will satisfy my requirements, because it means they did research and found out not only is it reliable at that power level, but it is possible to modify the 4B11T/SST combo.
Old Dec 26, 2007, 04:50 PM

NOPE.. i love my evo ix too much.. if mitsu woulda design the rear of the car a little better.. i would've at least thought bout getting one. Front = nice, Rear = barf!
Old Dec 26, 2007, 09:10 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by machron1
I'm thinking about getting a X MR, but I won't get one until I know I can get a reliable ~300 whp out of it. If ever they offer a X SST FQ360, that will satisfy my requirements, because it means they did research and found out not only is it reliable at that power level, but it is possible to modify the 4B11T/SST combo.
lol you plan on moving to the UK anytime soon?
Old Dec 26, 2007, 10:11 PM
Evolved Member

The IX is the last Evo lovers Evo. It was raw, slightly ugly, but mean. It had a cheap, hard-plastiky, spartan interior, but was efficient and had the tach front and center - right where it should be. The motor was old, but strong and 12's are only an exhaust away. The X, in my opinion, simply b*stardizes the Evo name. Sure, its handling is phenomenal, but it is fat, underpowered, and does not have the subtle enthusiast-oriented parts that made the IX so great. They were tossed in a sad attempt to "steal" upmarket shoppers away from more premium luxury brands. Now, it is a much more commonplace and, in my opinion, bland car that does not have half the character that the IX had. Don't get me wrong, the look doesnt turn me away (I think Mitsu did a great job in exterior design), its the lack of performance that makes me look elsewhere. The Evo X should have been improved in every performance category - it wasnt. To me, that is unacceptable. I ain't buying it.
Old Dec 26, 2007, 10:15 PM
Evolving Member

I have been an EVO lurker since circa 2004... Drooling over the X since the first shots were reveiled.....

Long story short, Last week i bought a used IX. I have never talked down the X but the one thing that kills me is the price 40k?!!? Looks like no X for me... maybee the XI will have something to offer? (2.5L??)
Old Dec 26, 2007, 10:21 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by felickz
I have been an EVO lurker since circa 2004... Drooling over the X since the first shots were reveiled.....

Long story short, Last week i bought a used IX. I have never talked down the X but the one thing that kills me is the price 40k?!!? Looks like no X for me... maybee the XI will have something to offer? (2.5L??)
you bought a better car...congratulations...
Old Dec 26, 2007, 10:27 PM
Evolving Member

I dunno...if i could afford one then maybe i'd pick up a nice black one once i see how it responds to mods...

Quick Reply: How many VIII/IX owners are getting the X?