Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

X delivery

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27, 2007, 07:42 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
X delivery

I just found out today that My X is about 2 weeks behind on delivery. It was to arrive on the dock in LA this week and be delivered to the dealer next week. It is now scheduled to arrive in LA about Jan 10 and be delivered to the dealer about 7days later. Still no MSRP my "bet" is the MSRP will be announced between Jan. 2 and Jan 14, about the time the Los Angeles Dealers get them delivered.
Old Dec 27, 2007, 09:39 AM
Evolving Member

How does that work exactly? If they say it's going to cost $50K, can you get your deposit back? Can you haggle price after they tell you how much it's going to be?

I've never bought a car like that, it seems it would put you in a very disadvantageous bargaining position.
Old Dec 27, 2007, 09:58 AM
Evolved Member

Received 34 Likes on 27 Posts
I think so too- no bargaining power

Silly-
ME: I want a car
Dealer: We don't know how much it'll cost you
me: EAT ME
Old Dec 27, 2007, 10:43 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by DrSmile
How does that work exactly? If they say it's going to cost $50K, can you get your deposit back? Can you haggle price after they tell you how much it's going to be?

I've never bought a car like that, it seems it would put you in a very disadvantageous bargaining position.
My Mitsubishi dealer is a friend, thats how it works. He has agreed that if it is over $33K MSRP, I get my deposit back If I don't want to go forward. He keeps his airplane in my Hangar too.
Old Dec 27, 2007, 10:59 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by DrSmile

I think usually people willing to put down money on something so early... usually have the cash to afford it. Early adopters get the bragging rights... and pay the price.
Old Dec 27, 2007, 11:01 AM

Sweeet!!! but dam them rear tail lights!
Old Dec 28, 2007, 07:51 AM
Evolved Member

deposit should always be refundable, unless something is a special order.

so you should be able to negotiate the price and/or trade in value unless you have already agreed on pricing and signed the paperwork
Originally Posted by n789db
My Mitsubishi dealer is a friend, thats how it works. He has agreed that if it is over $33K MSRP, I get my deposit back If I don't want to go forward. He keeps his airplane in my Hangar too.

Last edited by pltek; Dec 28, 2007 at 07:58 PM.
Old Dec 28, 2007, 02:31 PM
Evolved Member

since we're already far, far off topic, what airplanes do you have? i'm working on my commercial instrument multi-engine right now.
Old Dec 28, 2007, 02:49 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by CleverUserName
since we're already far, far off topic, what airplanes do you have? i'm working on my commercial instrument multi-engine right now.
I built a Glasair RG-1, 4000 labor hours building it. Cruises at 200 kt (230 mph) burning 8.5 gal per hour at 11,500 or 12,500 altitude. 1600 mile range. I flew it to Alaska with my son 2.5 years ago. Solo rate of climb with light fuel load 3000+ fpm. It is also fully aerobatic. I have inverted fuel and oil systems and an accumulator in the oil system to maintain pressure during knife edge flight.
Old Dec 28, 2007, 03:57 PM

so how bout the delivery X times ey?
Old Dec 28, 2007, 08:43 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by n789db
I built a Glasair RG-1, 4000 labor hours building it. Cruises at 200 kt (230 mph) burning 8.5 gal per hour at 11,500 or 12,500 altitude. 1600 mile range. I flew it to Alaska with my son 2.5 years ago. Solo rate of climb with light fuel load 3000+ fpm. It is also fully aerobatic. I have inverted fuel and oil systems and an accumulator in the oil system to maintain pressure during knife edge flight.
that is so cool. i'm actually a military pilot. i cruise at 140 TAS, usually at the rate of 900 gph (RW, so there's no way i'll be able to keep up). i can get a pretty rediculous rate of climb, but that assumes a massive airspeed for altitude trade-off. when i get more familiar with fixed-wing, i intend to get into aerobatic flight. but for now, i enjoy my NVG flight and as many simulated dust landings as my copilots will tolerate.

i hope that you don't pay too much attention to some of the folks here. the newb or general forums feature many of the OT wannabes that are afraid of posting there and getting eaten alive, so they try their best to f with fellow newcomers in the X, general, or lancer forums.
Old Dec 29, 2007, 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by HeLLA JDM y0
You idiots are really getting off topic.
seriously so how is the delivery date any more info on that?
Old Dec 29, 2007, 02:12 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by getoesouljah
seriously so how is the delivery date any more info on that?
Somewhere around the 17th of Jan.
Old Dec 29, 2007, 03:24 PM
Evolved Member

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Mitsu...spagenameZWDVW

or you can get it now!
Old Dec 30, 2007, 10:35 PM
Evolving Member

Wow...talk about this post going off topic. ANYHOW, I was at the local dealer where the sales guy showed me Mitsu "dealer" order site that lists build completion date, shipping date/port arrival date etc. Black MR Premium is slated to arrive in port on March 15, 2007 that I have my name against. He also has an Wicked White MR, non-premium, arriving in mid-February in port. HOWEVER, he also mentioned that Mitsu is "traditionally" late by about 2-3 weeks late compared to the listed date. Thought some people here might be interested...but by no means let me get this thread back on track :-P

verkion

Quick Reply: X delivery