Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

car got broken into- very confusing

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2007, 12:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
car got broken into- very confusing

Ok guys my car was broken into this morning and i need some input to help me figure this out. I walked out this morning to find my trunk popped and my drivers side door ajar. when i looked inside the glove box was open and my owners manual and registration were gone but nothing else other then my school backpack and my cell phone holder that was broken anyway. they left the valentine 1 the stereo, boost gauge and everything intact any ideas why they would only take my registration? could they get a key made with just that? sorry in advance if there are mistakes iv had a long day with all of this.
Old Dec 29, 2007, 01:05 AM
Evolved Member

phoned the cops yet?

Last edited by jackygor; Dec 29, 2007 at 01:07 AM.
Old Dec 29, 2007, 01:15 AM

i talked to my old neighbor who is a detective and he told me they might be trying to pass off a damage evo as new with my registration and vin. but i didn't file a formal statement
Old Dec 29, 2007, 01:24 AM
Pocket Mo

Call all the local dealerships and ask if a request for a key to be made for a 2006 Evo SE was made. Inform each of the dealership's parts departments that your registration was stolen and if a request is made for a key to be made, that they ask for photo ID and the name matches the one on the registration.

Also, if you're from Woodinville, WA, make a thread or ask a moderator to move this thread into the Northwest regional forum. There are people in there that work at local Mitsu dealerships that can pass the word along to their parts guys. I saw my parts guys many times throughout the day so it's not out of the way.
Old Dec 29, 2007, 01:31 AM

thanks for the info. i will call tomorrow and let them know. this whole thing is just confusing to me is to why they would take my backpack and not my radar detector thats just sitting there. good news is that it made me wake up and the car is going in on monday to get a alarm.