Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

is it true that the aluminum engine....?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2008, 11:43 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 08LancerEVO
no. burbs lol. up near niles

i never said he couldent, but in general. remember the kid that killed himself the FIRST day he had his license. his parents bought him a STi and he crashed it.

i know i dont want a crazy fast car right now. id be too tempted to race it n show off.
That's probably because you lack common sense and a sense of will power.
Old Jan 5, 2008, 11:49 PM
Evolved Member

man this kid only started the thread and left.. lols.. what gives kid..?

I say get a 03 Evo 8 and start from there..!!
Old Jan 5, 2008, 11:51 PM
Evolved Member

not suprised. they all do it who say they are getting one
Old Jan 5, 2008, 11:58 PM

not suprised. they all do it who say they are getting one
Well technically you can't get a X yet.
Old Jan 6, 2008, 12:11 AM
Evolved Member

^you know what i mean
Old Jan 6, 2008, 11:53 AM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by Tristar Racing
Evo X, a car that turns forum posters into metallurigists, stress and strain expererts, finite element analysts, and doubters; all before the car is even released and modified in the US!

Christ, lets debate the engine design AFTER one blows up while making 500+ hp...

Well In a recent Auto Magazine, Mark from AMS has stated that the motor wouldn't handle has much power as the Iron 4G63. He has one on order, so we shall see.
Old Jan 6, 2008, 12:50 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by nightwalker
depends on a lot of things. Aluminum blocks seem to only tolerate 400-ish wheel power... seen it on B series Honda engine, and SR20 Nissan engines. There is a lot of force on the bottom end of a high power, high pressure turbo engine, so naturally, an iron block will hold more. But all this is speculation. We will have to just wait and see.
you of all people should know (considering you have a nissan) that a SR20 has supported 600hp on the stock block...stock everything internally....
and yes, there are SR20's out there in the 800whp range..
The Honda motors need sleeves to run alot of boost. The 4B11T comes sleeved from the factory.
Old Jan 6, 2008, 01:22 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by BBS
It doesnt take to modding any les than an iron block will. Hondas take massive amounts of power because they love to resleeve their blocks every 6 months with ductile iron units. Iron is just stronger and has a higher tensile strength than aluminum. But nobody knows how the 4B11 will take to modding. Everything is just speculation.
Since when do honda people resleeve thier motors every six months?? Thats a first . I sleeved my motor once and that was it. As far a sleeves go, honda does not use aluminum on their sleeve's. They use a softer type of iron with brass I think but not aluminum. If anyone wants to debate that, stick a magnet on a stock honda sleeve, its sticks and if you are storing a honda block in your garage the sleeve's will rust. Al does not rust or be magnetized. So mitsu saying the block is sleeved means nothing because every car has sleeves. it just depends on what materials its made from
I don't know exactly what the stock sleeve's are made from, some say brass and iron others say a form of stainless steel. I know from exp that it is not aluminum even though some sleeves like the on on the nsx is some type of carbon martix.

Last edited by kobi2002; Jan 6, 2008 at 01:42 PM.
Old Jan 6, 2008, 03:15 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by High_PSI
Well In a recent Auto Magazine, Mark from AMS has stated that the motor wouldn't handle has much power as the Iron 4G63. He has one on order, so we shall see.
Which I originally commented on in a prior post.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...7&postcount=15

His comment was it wouldnt support stupid amounts of horsepower. Besides that, at least he has his business and experience to draw from on his statements, what does anyone have in this thread? That was my point smart guy.
Old Jan 7, 2008, 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by bchappy
no....

you wont have to worry about it(the block itself) untill the 6-700hp mark comes around,
whos evo is in your sig?
that was my evo. but i lost it :[
Old Jan 7, 2008, 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by cksdayoff
please stick to the evo 8 or 9.
i had an evo 9 but lost it... i explained it in another thread :[
Old Jan 7, 2008, 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by Tristar Racing
Learn to drive the stock vehicle to its limits on the track. I guarantee the stock Evo, VIII IX or X is way above the abilities of most of the people on this forum. Why worry about modding it before you even buy it?

Sounds like your head is not in the right frame of mind...

Especially when your parents are footing the bill...
they pay for the car i pay for the mods
Old Jan 7, 2008, 05:39 PM

i hate it wen kids are spoiled like you.
i hate it when people are jealous
Old Jan 7, 2008, 05:42 PM

thank you. and you know wat your right. im 16. im not going out and getting an evo though i (my parents) can afford it. i need to earn everything in life on my own. im buying a lancerwith my own money im paying for my own insurance, gas and car. ive been saving 100% of my paycheck since 15.

ok anything above 200 hp is wayyy too much for us. im a car NUT and i know that. i learned to drive in a corvette because its the lowest hp of all of our cars.

if you get a evo i know youll crash it. my friend drives a 250 hp Sedan. he drives it like a corvette.

so no im not a hater.
i disagree... i drive fast cars all the time. i think in some cases yes some younger kids should not be driving cars that fast but lets not make generalizations. say "too much for me" not us...
Old Jan 7, 2008, 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by nightwalker
depends on a lot of things. Aluminum blocks seem to only tolerate 400-ish wheel power... seen it on B series Honda engine, and SR20 Nissan engines. There is a lot of force on the bottom end of a high power, high pressure turbo engine, so naturally, an iron block will hold more. But all this is speculation. We will have to just wait and see.
thank you for actually being informative

Quick Reply: is it true that the aluminum engine....?