Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

is it true that the aluminum engine....?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2008, 05:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 06EVOIX SE
i don't know why people say young people can't drive, you don't need a car with that much power, some of you act like when you hit a certain age the person who was dumb as a kid is just going to start acting smarter. I had a decently fast car when i was young didn't get into any trouble. a old person can do the say stuff a young one can.

If my parents were willing to buy me a car for 30k+ i would let them, don't let your pride stand in the way of a good thing. How do we know he is not getting straight A in honors classes, if you want a evo get it, if you wreck it lesson learned, if you have a chance for your parents to buy you a car and pass it up thats just dumb. a geo can kill someone too. i don't know how old you are but if you can co-sign on it that would be a huge plus because your credit would be amazing when its paid off. and don't buy it for cash, if you have the cash only put down 90% and do the rest in payments for your credit score.

As far as the block goes, i don't think aluminum is that strong, thats why people with hondas have to get it re-sleeved to go over 300hp safely, so the evo would probably need it around 400whp.
exactly. you cant get mad at me because my parents are willing to buy me nice things.
Old Jan 7, 2008, 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by Redline06
man this kid only started the thread and left.. lols.. what gives kid..?

I say get a 03 Evo 8 and start from there..!!
nah i didnt leave. i just didnt get a chance to check back
Old Jan 7, 2008, 08:20 PM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by Tristar Racing
Which I originally commented on in a prior post.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...7&postcount=15

His comment was it wouldnt support stupid amounts of horsepower. Besides that, at least he has his business and experience to draw from on his statements, what does anyone have in this thread? That was my point smart guy.

The thread is about Aluminum engines, we really don't know too much about the X motor. I think it'll be fine but as I said before, I don't think it'll have the same power potential as the 4G63, I think it'll have a better driveability with both cams being variable.
Old Jan 7, 2008, 08:31 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 06EVOIX SE
i don't know why people say young people can't drive, you don't need a car with that much power, some of you act like when you hit a certain age the person who was dumb as a kid is just going to start acting smarter. I had a decently fast car when i was young didn't get into any trouble. a old person can do the say stuff a young one can.

How do we know he is not getting straight A in honors classes, if you want a evo get it, if you wreck it lesson learned.

What the f.uck has intelligence got to do with experience??

Why do you think insurance is more expensive if you're young, yes, you have a higher probability of crashing, not cause you're dumb but cause you've got f.uck all experience. (Some are dumb regardless of age )

Lets just hope when the Evo is wrecked, others aren't killed aswell.
Old Jan 8, 2008, 08:10 AM
Evolving Member

Wow, way off topic here. Who give a sh** if the kids parents are buying him a car. And who are you guys to say that the kid cant handle an evo. I had 1g dsm, that made over 400 hp when I was 17, and I didnt crash. It all depends on the person, we cant sterotype just because he is young. People are just jealous. Get over it, and stop bashing people, just because they are young.
Now as far as the block goes, we will just have to wait and see. I am sure down the line there will be aftermarket sleeves that will be able withstand "stupid ammounts of boost and hp". Most auto companies are now going with al blocks. Look at the new GTR, it has an al block and its make over 400 hp. Now I know that Nissan coats there blocks in something, I cant remember, but it allows greater heat disapation (spelling), and allows it to hold higher levels of boost.
I personally think that the new engine, is going to be great. I think that the major issues is the weight. If we can start to cut the weight of the X, I beleive its going to be a monster. And better yet, if we end up getting the Lancer Ralliart. I would def be game for something like that. I dont really care what the actual peak stock hp is of the car. It matters, but not that much. It all depends on if the motor responds well to mods. If it does, then there are going to be alot of people feeling really stupid here, for bashing the car so much before it came out.
Old Jan 8, 2008, 10:51 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
The new 4B11 motor will make enough power for 95%+ of owners.

In fact, it may respond even better to mods up to a certain point. We don't know yet. But really, how many of us have 600+whp cars?

Sure, it might not make 1,000whp, but is 800whp enough for you??? So what if it doesn't make as much as the old one. Hardly any of us will see that day anyway, so WHY IS EVERYONE worried about it?
Old Jan 8, 2008, 12:04 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 08LancerEVO
but since im paying hell no am i getting a evo n paying 6k a year for insurance.
Nobody gets liability coverage anymore? I dont mind driving on bare bones insurance if it'll save me thousands of dollars. I went from a 2002 civic Si to the evo and my rates didn't change.
Old Jan 8, 2008, 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by Asta4125
Wow, way off topic here. Who give a sh** if the kids parents are buying him a car. And who are you guys to say that the kid cant handle an evo. I had 1g dsm, that made over 400 hp when I was 17, and I didnt crash. It all depends on the person, we cant sterotype just because he is young. People are just jealous. Get over it, and stop bashing people, just because they are young.
Now as far as the block goes, we will just have to wait and see. I am sure down the line there will be aftermarket sleeves that will be able withstand "stupid ammounts of boost and hp". Most auto companies are now going with al blocks. Look at the new GTR, it has an al block and its make over 400 hp. Now I know that Nissan coats there blocks in something, I cant remember, but it allows greater heat disapation (spelling), and allows it to hold higher levels of boost.
I personally think that the new engine, is going to be great. I think that the major issues is the weight. If we can start to cut the weight of the X, I beleive its going to be a monster. And better yet, if we end up getting the Lancer Ralliart. I would def be game for something like that. I dont really care what the actual peak stock hp is of the car. It matters, but not that much. It all depends on if the motor responds well to mods. If it does, then there are going to be alot of people feeling really stupid here, for bashing the car so much before it came out.
yeah i guess it is too early to make the call. i've just been hearing from people that it was gonna be a problem to work with... i didnt know so i came here to ask
Old Jan 8, 2008, 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by CliveW
What the f.uck has intelligence got to do with experience??

Why do you think insurance is more expensive if you're young, yes, you have a higher probability of crashing, not cause you're dumb but cause you've got f.uck all experience. (Some are dumb regardless of age )

Lets just hope when the Evo is wrecked, others aren't killed aswell.
im gonna aim for little kids...