Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Leasing an Evo X

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2008, 12:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Leasing an Evo X

i was wondering any one know any rates for the leasing of the new evo x???

can you even lease this car???

i was wondering if you could would it be arround
$500 -$550 a month for a 38000 MR
Old Jan 14, 2008, 01:28 AM
Evolving Member

I would doubt anyone would lease an MR; much less for 500 dollars a month especially when they first come out. Hopefully you're not doing it bc it is the only way you can afford one. Leases 9 times out of 10 are a horrible idea.
Old Jan 14, 2008, 02:59 AM
Evolving Member

Actually a lease is a darn good way to enjoy the car (modify till your heart's content then return it to stock) and give it back before it craps out on you. Why didn't I think of this?
Old Jan 14, 2008, 03:17 AM
Evolving Member

your insurance on a leased car is usually alot higher than one your buying.
Old Jan 14, 2008, 05:20 AM
Evolving Member

leasing a 38k car wont be 500. it gotta be 570+ and yea higher insurance.
Old Jan 14, 2008, 05:41 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
who is going to buy a abused EVO when that lease is up, warranty is done, resale will only be high because rare evo X first year cars
Old Jan 14, 2008, 06:09 AM
Evolving Member

Received 31 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by raghavghei
i was wondering any one know any rates for the leasing of the new evo x???

can you even lease this car???

i was wondering if you could would it be arround
$500 -$550 a month for a 38000 MR
A friend of mine once leased a 2006 GTO because it was the only way he could afford it. He was 18 and his grandparents re-mortgaged their home so he could get it (yeah, you read that right).

To hear him tell it, it was great to first get the car, but he could never truly call it his. There were limits on how far he could drive it in a given year, what he could do to it, and other dealer-imposed restrictions. And yes, modifying was right out. In short, he always felt like he was driving a car the dealership still owned...which wasn't far from the truth. And, if he decided NOT to get rid of it after the lease was up, he would have wound up paying a buttload more to keep it. Honestly, who wants a car that's not truly theirs?

Oh, and yes, he totalled it.
Old Jan 14, 2008, 06:10 AM
Evolved Member

The cost of leasing depends on different variables. There are a few I'm aware of: 1. The payment is based on an estimate on how much the price of the car will depreciate over the term of the lease 2. The amount of miles you agree to drive 3. How much money you put down
Old Jan 14, 2008, 07:33 AM
Evolving Member

Lots of bad information here... leasing the right car is a great idea but the payment depends on the money factor (interest rate), and residule (estimated value of the car at the end of the chosen term) which are both set by the manufature.... a lease is very similar to a purchase, accept for the fact that mid way through you have the option of turning it in... if you want to make it yours you always can by financing the rest.......

why would the insurance be higher on a lease?? my insurance companies have never asked if i leased or purchased??? they only ask for the lein holder....

Now on the other hand i looked at leasing a 9 a few years ago when i worked for mitsu and if remember right the evo didnt lease well (meaning mitsu was not offering a good residule and money factor)

Just trying to dispell a few myths about leasing... which is a good idea for many people... it keeps them from being upside down... especially for those of us who trade way too often

tim
Old Jan 14, 2008, 07:53 AM
EvoM Community Team

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'd be willing to bet that you'll be able to lease an Evo X. Given the new target audience they are trying to attract (who are used to leasing vehicles), it would be in Mitsu's best interest to offer leases. tjordan06 is right about the way a lease amount is determined. Most Mitsu's don't hold their value well, but the Evo typically does. So, that could bode well for a decent lease payment. But, $500 for an MR likely won't happen unless you put a good chunk of money down.
Old Jan 14, 2008, 08:06 AM
Evolving Member

Here is a calculator that you can use to kick around some numbers. It uses things like

MSRP: $
Final Negotiated Price $
Down Payment $
Trade-in value $
Usage Tax (Sales Tax) %
Length of Lease in months
New Car Lending Rate %
Car Value at End of Loan $:

http://www.calculator.com/pantaserv/lease.calc

If you have to go into debt and pull your grandparents with you its not a good idea to get this car. Drive what you can afford
Old Jan 14, 2008, 09:46 AM
Evolving Member

why lease? in the end, you have nothing to show for it.
Old Jan 14, 2008, 10:02 AM
Evolving Member

The dreaded buy vs. lease question. It depends on the financial position of the intended buyer. There are advantages to both.
Old Jan 14, 2008, 10:09 AM
Evolving Member

For someone who trades often (within 3 years) the only thing they have to show when they come to trade the vehicle they purchased is thousands of.dollars of negative equity..... I am in the business I see it all day long

You have just as much to show after 3 years of leasing and purchasing... Nothing the bank still owns half of the car... But with the lease you have options if you want to keep the car you finance the residual...
Or turn the car in and get something else

I am not saying that a lease is always the best choice but with a good residual and money factor it can be an awesome option
Old Jan 14, 2008, 11:29 AM

To be honest, if you are thinking about leasing because of your credit or moeny situation or whatever, it's probably not the best idea to shell out that much money on a car. But if you were considering that as one of your options, just to let you know, that with buying, you can easily make $500 (ish) payments (with a proper downpayment). Then if you're actually bored with a car after 3 years, you can just sell it, and not loose as much money as with leasing.

Quick Reply: Leasing an Evo X