Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

So, X-Haters---->X-Lovers

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2008, 09:14 AM
Evolving Member

Received 31 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by Richard EVO
5 extra hp and AYC don't make up for the 331 lbs. increase in curb weight. I don't consider myself a "hater," just not a "lover." I like the looks, but looks don't matter on a road course.
Ya know, the word "hater" is really starting to get on my nerves (not that it's your fault RichardEVO lol).

Why is it on a message board you're labeled a "hater" for not digging something, while in real life people will listen and hear you out? When talking with friends about the X we can have a nice conversation where we all make good points. I complain about the new engine, the limited potential of the SST, the underwhelming track times, and they all understand my concerns. On here I'm just a hater, or a IX fanboy.

Ah well, I think I might have had one person in real life yell "You are teh suck!"
Old Jan 22, 2008, 09:23 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I dont think I could bring myself to pay retail on a new X. I'd wait a year and pick up a mint one that the owner found he couldnt actually afford (read: motivated seller).
Old Jan 22, 2008, 09:32 AM
Evolving Member

about the "hater" comments, i dont really mind if someone doesnt like it, they usually post their opinion and i dont really hear much from them on the X section.....its just a few of the really vocal haters that come in to almost EVERY thread and rewrite every time basically the same stuff, stuff like "4g63 4 life, X is slower, X is heavier, X is an overpriced luxury car" that gets really annoying. then the thread gets cluttered and off topic
Old Jan 22, 2008, 09:43 AM

probably because people are too lazy to write a cogent response. but ive always thought the X looked nice so whatever.
Old Jan 22, 2008, 10:07 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by EzeE1o
about the "hater" comments, i dont really mind if someone doesnt like it, they usually post their opinion and i dont really hear much from them on the X section.....its just a few of the really vocal haters that come in to almost EVERY thread and rewrite every time basically the same stuff, stuff like "4g63 4 life, X is slower, X is heavier, X is an overpriced luxury car" that gets really annoying. then the thread gets cluttered and off topic
Well that I can understand, flooding a board with useless posts is not what you want to do lol

In contrast, what gets on my nerves are the people that post on and on about how I need to love the X because of blah blah blah. I love Evos and have some issues with the newest one, simple as that. If the XI has a 350hp engine from the factory, AYC, and loses some weight so that it can beat an STi...then you better believe I'll be pounding my fanboy chest and buying an XI!
Old Jan 22, 2008, 10:18 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
similar (IX) power but heavier = slower!

Anyway, let's wait for the after bolt-on dyno.
Old Jan 22, 2008, 10:36 AM

i've always been a fan of the X but then again didn't own a IX. i liked that it's been refined a little yet still fun to drive (based on numerous reviews). also looking forward for the MR with TC-SST, to me this is a great, sport feel of a manual and convenience of auto. i would say perfect for 31yr old family guy with 2 kids.
Old Jan 22, 2008, 10:51 AM
Evolving Member

I still don't like it...my opinion is based on looks though.
Old Jan 22, 2008, 10:58 AM
Evolving Member

I love that it's out since here in the next couple of months there is going to be an abundance of evo 8/9 parts for cheap since a lot of people are going to be jumping ship. Just watch.
Old Jan 22, 2008, 11:02 AM

I like the X but the added LB'S just don't cut it for me!
Old Jan 22, 2008, 11:26 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by CEB Unit
I love that it's out since here in the next couple of months there is going to be an abundance of evo 8/9 parts for cheap since a lot of people are going to be jumping ship. Just watch.
Gonna go out on a limb and say I seriously doubt that. Even if the X is a whopping success, there will be plenty of anxious buyers for those used VIII's and IX's that will be out there.
Old Jan 22, 2008, 11:33 AM
Account Disabled

Always loved it, still want one. It is a big change, but it's a change that's better for your money.

If you list the features from the X and compare them to the IX, and then say the price is the same, it just makes more sense to choose the X.

33k+ better spent.
Old Jan 22, 2008, 11:36 AM
Evolved Member

My opinion has changed about the X especially after seeing it in black and white. My gripe is its too expensive but thank god for South Coast. I saw a WW X RS in white and that by far was my favorite. Does anyone know if we are getting the RS
Old Jan 22, 2008, 11:42 AM
Evolved Member

I think that overall--it's a great car. I really like the looks of the white X. I'd probably not even mod it and just use the IX as my fun car.
Old Jan 22, 2008, 11:47 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by DirectorSe7en
Always loved it, still want one. It is a big change, but it's a change that's better for your money.

If you list the features from the X and compare them to the IX, and then say the price is the same, it just makes more sense to choose the X.

33k+ better spent.
I would say that's true, but only if added features are what you're looking for in an Evo.

Also, keep in mind the 33k does not include those fancy features you desire. For that much, you're getting almost the same thing as a regular IX GSR/MR.

Quick Reply: So, X-Haters---->X-Lovers