Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

So, X-Haters---->X-Lovers

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2008, 01:59 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So, X-Haters---->X-Lovers

Hey all,

Well, after seeing dyno numbers and hearing and seeing an awful lot of these cars... Whos opinions has changed? I definitely know that mine has. I used to hate the car, but now it seems to grow on me each and every day. I am amazed at everything that has happened with the car and I am quite happy the the Evolution X has evolved from the IX. Sure, it might not look perfect, but it definitely is still very aggressive. Especially in white or black =)

Who else agrees or disagress? And who will now be selling their VIII or IX, especially if you didn't plan to before?

TJ
Old Jan 22, 2008, 02:04 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I used to sort-of dislike it, but now I kind of want one. Ill keep my IX though and daily drive the X. I am waiting until a means of tuning is released, never know how that CAN port will work out.
Old Jan 22, 2008, 02:10 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am glad that some people has changed their view of the Evo X.
Old Jan 22, 2008, 02:50 AM
Evolving Member

Personally, I was worried. I still am a little bit. I know I want a NEW evo, so and X will have to be my choice. BUT, I would feel much better if I still had the option of buying a brand-new IX or brand new X. However, over the past few months I have become increasingly more comfortable with the knowledge that the only new model that I can buy will be the X. After all the reviews, dyno numbers, etc, I am getting more and more excited about the X! I can't wait to own one!

- Jason

P.S. Still wish I had the chance to own a IX brand spankin' new though. I'd keep that as a weekend/fun/beast car, and daily drive the X w/ a few basic bolt-on street mods. I just fear used forced-induction vehicles.
Old Jan 22, 2008, 05:24 AM
Evolving Member

i was afraid that it my disappoint.... but it looks great.. and i would really like to drive one of the mr s.... however i do still like my 4g63
Old Jan 22, 2008, 05:31 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I still am not a fan.
Old Jan 22, 2008, 05:47 AM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
it is a good thing that they price the X that way. it will keep the value of the IX even better.
Old Jan 22, 2008, 07:04 AM

at first I was really skeptical, but I didn't hold a grudge against it. Now I really want one, I'm just waiting a year so I can makeu sure no problems exist, and that the aftermarket parts are available so I can make it go faster
Old Jan 22, 2008, 07:24 AM
Evolving Member

After seeing pics of the white X i am really starting to like the X but..... i will prolly wait 2-3 years to pic one up or when i get my white VIII paid off...

not a fan at first and anxious to see what the tuners do..... Buschur???

STevo
Old Jan 22, 2008, 08:14 AM
Evolving Member

only way im getting a 10 is if my 9 gets totaled and its not my fault...

9 is still kicking the 10s *** on most tracks, and the 10 is 3/10s of a second slower in the 1/4 then the 9, and slower in the 0-60... so no, i dont want one.

but for those that this is their 1st... congrats and welcome
Old Jan 22, 2008, 08:35 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I wasnt so sure at 1st, but soon as I found out The X had Black as an option
I put money down and had my Phanton Black on order last week.
I'm still going to keep my 8 for backup/winter driving.

I know stock to stock the 9 is faster then the EvoX, but I'm the other 90% of the Evo onwers who's car will never Go down the 1/4 mile, will never see a race track, So..
that .3 sec dont really bother me much cause i will never notice it. I know i know what you guys are going to say. Why buy a Evo if you dont race it ect... Not everyone who own big Truck really haul l anything in it, SUV owners most dont have a family of 10 kids.
Old Jan 22, 2008, 08:39 AM
Evolved Member

Well, I do like it more than used to. But not to the point where I would go and buy one. Especially at MSRP
Old Jan 22, 2008, 08:40 AM
Evolving Member

Received 31 Likes on 20 Posts
My opinions have changed, but I've gone from being skeptical to just not digging it at all. I can understand why those with older Evos, or those with none at all, would get it, but there's really nothing groundbreaking here. At least, nothing to pull me away from the IX I just bought a year ago.

While the X does have quite a few changes, virtually none of them have anything to do with actual performance. I was hoping at least the track times would be more impressive, but if anything the X is "just as good" as the IX, while also lacking a little in the 0-60 catagory. Say what you will about the tenth of a second, in my not-so-humble opinion the weight should have been scrapped in favor of more speed. This is an Evo, after all. At least it should have been.
Old Jan 22, 2008, 08:48 AM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I inspected one for the first time just this morning. My opinion is still exactly the same: the car is more refined (not necessarily a good thing), it's a decent looking car but looks kind of like other cars available by other manufacturers, and I wouldn't trade my IX for one.

I did like the fact that they incorporated a JDM type of rear bumper, but didn't like it as much as the JDM bumpers on the IX. I'm impartial to the dual exhaust tips, I think I like the look of a single larger exhaust tip. The recaros in the X are definitely nice though, and the silver & white ones I looked at would probably look better with a dark-colored wheel that was an inch larger all the way around (if only because the car looks like it's longer for some reason)...
Old Jan 22, 2008, 08:59 AM
Evolved Member

5 extra hp and AYC don't make up for the 331 lbs. increase in curb weight. I don't consider myself a "hater," just not a "lover." I like the looks, but looks don't matter on a road course.

Quick Reply: So, X-Haters---->X-Lovers