Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Evox On E-bay

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2008, 02:24 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Evox On E-bay

A new evo x in Or. with sss package selling for sticker.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2008-...em220195151983
Old Jan 24, 2008, 02:32 PM

too bad its in oregon
Old Jan 24, 2008, 02:42 PM
EvoM Community Team

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
It's already got 15 miles on it which means the boys at the dealership had a little fun with it already. That kinda stinks...
Old Jan 24, 2008, 03:05 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by adambl03
It's already got 15 miles on it which means the boys at the dealership had a little fun with it already. That kinda stinks...
don't all new cars come with miles already on them?? all new cars that i've owned, even those fresh off the truck, had at least 7 miles on them.
Old Jan 24, 2008, 03:08 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by adambl03
I heard a story of all the boys at a dealership took an VIII when it first came over and beat on it pretty bad, then the dealership would not cover some of the repairs for the gut who bought it-- be ware of lead footed salesmen!
Old Jan 24, 2008, 03:44 PM
Evolving Member

What's interesting is they decided to put it on eBay for MSRP, no mark up. They must think nobody local will pay MSRP for it? Bend certainly has enough people who have the cash.

I wish it were closer, I'd go take a look at it. My favorite color, too.

Edit: Or maybe the reason they're asking MSRP is because they're claiming it's used. 15 miles? Used? Surely that's a misprint.

Last edited by Rootus; Jan 24, 2008 at 04:00 PM.
Old Jan 24, 2008, 04:59 PM
EvoM Community Team

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by gb_junkie
don't all new cars come with miles already on them?? all new cars that i've owned, even those fresh off the truck, had at least 7 miles on them.
Unless a car has been out for multiple test drives (either by sales people or customers), a new car shouldn't have more than a couple miles on it.
Old Jan 24, 2008, 05:11 PM

hmm mine had 14 miles on it...
Old Jan 24, 2008, 06:01 PM
Evolving Member

i remember one of the video earlier showing bunches of evo x doing auto x somewhere in CA and testing the evo x, hopefully those are not one of them.
Old Jan 24, 2008, 06:18 PM
Account Disabled

My IX had 12 miles on it and I'm sure it's from test drives because It's obviously a 2006 and I didn't buy it until March 7 2007.
Old Jan 24, 2008, 10:46 PM

Originally Posted by Rootus
What's interesting is they decided to put it on eBay for MSRP, no mark up. They must think nobody local will pay MSRP for it? Bend certainly has enough people who have the cash.

I wish it were closer, I'd go take a look at it. My favorite color, too.

Edit: Or maybe the reason they're asking MSRP is because they're claiming it's used. 15 miles? Used? Surely that's a misprint.
I also found this interesting about no mark-up, although I have heard that some cali dealers have been selling them below sticker. Can anyone else shed light on the "used" situation?

It sure is a sexy car... GSR + SSS = perfect.
Old Jan 25, 2008, 11:56 AM
Evolving Member

this evo is not a used car. the legal definition states that a "used vehicle" includes all vehicles that have been driven more than the 'limited use necessary in moving or road testing a new vehicle prior to delivery to a consumer.' this definition, therefore, includes demonstrators and company cars. there are statutes that discuss the application of the rule to demonstrator vehicles. this also applies when a vehicle is transferred from one dealer to another, which are considered to be new and untitled vehicles.

i'm a law student, so i can't help myself...some suits have been brought to lower courts but were considered moot since the car in question was driven off the lot and accumulated miles. generally if the vehicles has under 50 miles....it can still be a new car.

and yes there are a network of southern california dealers selling new evo's at $100 OVER invoice! check the auto dealer section of the forums and click west coast
Old Jan 26, 2008, 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by sabotaaage
too bad its in oregon
I was just on ebay looking at this car saying the same thing...
Old Jan 26, 2008, 10:00 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by gb_junkie
this evo is not a used car. the legal definition states that a "used vehicle" includes all vehicles that have been driven more than the 'limited use necessary in moving or road testing a new vehicle prior to delivery to a consumer.' this definition, therefore, includes demonstrators and company cars. there are statutes that discuss the application of the rule to demonstrator vehicles. this also applies when a vehicle is transferred from one dealer to another, which are considered to be new and untitled vehicles.

i'm a law student, so i can't help myself...some suits have been brought to lower courts but were considered moot since the car in question was driven off the lot and accumulated miles. generally if the vehicles has under 50 miles....it can still be a new car.

and yes there are a network of southern california dealers selling new evo's at $100 OVER invoice! check the auto dealer section of the forums and click west coast
Interesting information, thanks for sharing. I would have expected the biggest determining factor to be "never been titled."

I once owned a Mustang that was a test drive ***** before it was sold. It was also rolled, totaled, rebuilt, and still sold as a brand new car . Good times. And probably not as easy to do these days since everything has gotten far more electronic and hiding such behavior more difficult.
Old Jan 26, 2008, 11:10 AM
Evolved Member

16 and 22 for mpg....ouch....

Quick Reply: Evox On E-bay