Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Evo X MR test drive teaser

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2008, 07:25 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ExcessLancer
LOL.................... GSRS are $40K sooooo... MRs out the door will be what.. $50K, $60K????? That thing better drive like a damn BMW , Lexus or Mercedes for real...
GSR's are $33K base. Most of the first few shipments will be heavily optioned. All those options are driving the price OTD up to $40K. The base price of the MR will be about $36-37K(if Mitsu didn't change their mind that is) and fully optioned MIGHT be $43-45K depending on what options that have for them.

I am waiting to see what the Ralliart can do and how hard it will be to mod it. If its hard to mod the RA then I will shift gears and get the Evo that will be fast enough and handle well enough right out of the box.

I am really looking forward to reading this review.
Old Feb 1, 2008, 08:07 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ExcessLancer
LOL.................... GSRS are $40K sooooo... MRs out the door will be what.. $50K, $60K????? That thing better drive like a damn BMW , Lexus or Mercedes for real...
GSR's are $40K? Where did you get that from? I can pick up a GSR from South Coast Mitsubishi for less than $32K.
Old Feb 1, 2008, 08:56 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Rootus
GSR's are $40K? Where did you get that from? I can pick up a GSR from South Coast Mitsubishi for less than $32K.
At the local dealers. Fully optioned at over 40K.
Old Feb 1, 2008, 09:14 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by nongan
At the local dealers. Fully optioned at over 40K.
Actually, the price is not released yet. However, we can expect a base MR price in the higher 30's and yes, probably pushing 40 loaded. You will however notice even with the dealers on this site, that street price is better.

The poster that mentioned 50, 60 , etc is misinformed.
Old Feb 1, 2008, 09:29 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Rootus
Just ignore him like the rest of us do. The verbal diarrhea he spills could fill a dumptruck.
Old Feb 1, 2008, 09:33 AM
Evolving Member

I definitely like hearing pushing 40k rather than over 40k...... kinda new to the whole media testing thing, did they tell you like an approximate price as tested?
Old Feb 1, 2008, 09:36 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
man i want to hear the review already!!! geeeeeeeeez whats the hold up i want to hear much of this SST and how well it works on a track, my guess is that since its not manual shifting now its all going more to your HAND TECHNIQUE fort he X still a little of foot work but HAND is where it is for the X.. Is my ejamacated guess wrong or right charlesJ?!?!?!?
Old Feb 1, 2008, 10:08 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by rane
Here's the condensed review:

We put it into auto.

We stepped on the gas.

Car go.

Next up! The all new 2009 Automatic Dodge Viper! lol
Yay! More uneducated SST haters! I'm glad you all know so much about a transmission you all haven't even driven yet.

SST does not equal Automatic.

- Patrick

Last edited by Vostok 7; Feb 1, 2008 at 10:38 AM.
Old Feb 1, 2008, 10:28 AM
Evolved Member

^^^ what are you talking about?!? hand technique as in (paddle shifting bro) not steeering if thats what you think i was talking about and who said i was a hater i clearly didnt say i was hating on the SST read your shi* before you post
Old Feb 1, 2008, 10:37 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Evo9"Miss Rose"
^^^ what are you talking about?!? hand technique as in (paddle shifting bro) not steeering if thats what you think i was talking about and who said i was a hater i clearly didnt say i was hating on the SST read your shi* before you post
I wasn't talking about you.

- Patrick
Old Feb 1, 2008, 10:57 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Longfury
GSR's are $33K base. Most of the first few shipments will be heavily optioned. All those options are driving the price OTD up to $40K. The base price of the MR will be about $36-37K(if Mitsu didn't change their mind that is) and fully optioned MIGHT be $43-45K depending on what options that have for them.

I am waiting to see what the Ralliart can do and how hard it will be to mod it. If its hard to mod the RA then I will shift gears and get the Evo that will be fast enough and handle well enough right out of the box.

I am really looking forward to reading this review.
We live in a world where everything is possible....especially tuning cars. With the right amount of money(disclaimer ) the Ralliart can and will be fast once engine mgt and parts become available.
Old Feb 1, 2008, 11:11 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Fabulous71
We live in a world where everything is possible....especially tuning cars. With the right amount of money(disclaimer ) the Ralliart can and will be fast once engine mgt and parts become available.
Well, I want 240-250+ at the wheels and with upgraded shocks, springs and sways, I am sure the Ralliart would be fine for me and very very low key. The suspension is not the worry but getting stock Evo X power from the Ralliart is the thing I worry about. This SST gearbox might make things a little difficult.
Old Feb 1, 2008, 11:15 AM
Evolved Member

People that have the old Ralliarts w/160 hp must really envy the new one, especially if it gets the suggested 235 hp.
Old Feb 1, 2008, 11:18 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Vostok 7
Yay! More uneducated SST haters! I'm glad you all know so much about a transmission you all haven't even driven yet.

SST does not equal Automatic.

- Patrick
aaaaand ... how does SST not equal an automatic transmission? The last time I checked a transmission that shifts by itself is ... ?automatic?

It will be very interesting to see how the SST stacks up to the VW/Audi DSG transmission, especially the newer ones, like the one found on my wife's R32 - the older A3 DSG was less impressive.

l8r)
Old Feb 1, 2008, 11:24 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Ludikraut
aaaaand ... how does SST not equal an automatic transmission? The last time I checked a transmission that shifts by itself is ... ?automatic?

It will be very interesting to see how the SST stacks up to the VW/Audi DSG transmission, especially the newer ones, like the one found on my wife's R32 - the older A3 DSG was less impressive.

l8r)
I guess it really depends how you view the SST, technically it is a manual, but at the same it isn't because it lacks a third paddle. It is like arguing whether the egg came first or the chicken came first. I like both manual and DCT, they both came from the same root but developed with a different philosophy in mind.

Quick Reply: Evo X MR test drive teaser