Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Evo X MR test drive teaser

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2008, 01:32 PM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It seems that's the reason most people don't want the un-proven MR. I guess alot will wait until the Evo XI releases?
Old Feb 5, 2008, 02:15 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by DirectorSe7en
It seems that's the reason most people don't want the un-proven MR. I guess alot will wait until the Evo XI releases?
Not me, babe. I'm waitin' for the XII just to be sure.
Old Feb 5, 2008, 02:28 PM
Evolving Member

Not me, babe. I'm waitin' for the XII just to be sure.
Old Feb 5, 2008, 03:20 PM
Account Disabled

Lmao!
Old Feb 5, 2008, 03:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'll pet & hug my MR every day after I wake up & before I go to sleep, until someone rips it from my cold, dead hands. (Hopefully that's not an eerie prediction.)
Old Feb 5, 2008, 05:34 PM
Account Disabled

^That's scary dude, haha. Becareful because people these days take whatever they want.

You can always get the car back. I'd let a car jacker have it!
Old Feb 27, 2008, 11:48 AM
Evolved Member

Infinitis are overprice IMO anyway.

Interesting about the sound deadening. My girl always complained about the noise level in my VIII.
Same here, my gf then ( now she's my wife) hated the noise and roughness of the evo... Which I loved when I was driving hard/ at a track... But could get tiresome when I was just wanting to go to the store and get some food...

The converse? I've been driving Honda Accords the last 2.5 years and they are GREAT cars, but I want to shoot myself with how sedate the drive is

The MR would be the best of both worlds... Then again I have a GTR on order
Old Feb 27, 2008, 03:41 PM

Thanks for the review, I cant wait to drive one! I for one LOVED the GSR. People who have never driven the X saying this car is watered down are nuts. While maybe a few tenths slower than the previous gen, it still kicks plenty of ***!

Most people also dont know about how awesome the twin clutch system is. Basically, one clutch controls gears 1, 3 and 5 while the other controls 2, 4 and 6. While you are in one gear, the next is all ready to go as fast as you can hit the paddle, no delay at all. While maybe not as "fun" to drive, its surely more effective and I love it personally.

I cannot wait to drive the MR in that super sport mode!!
Old Jun 12, 2008, 06:25 PM

wow, can't wait to trade my ms3 for x mr

I was gonna settle on the gsr, but after reading this, the mr is my choice. plus you can be sure the aftermarket will improve on the sst. no more shifting. best of both world's...
Old Jun 12, 2008, 07:23 PM

i like your review, very insightful, and hurt mitsu, because now everyone is going to wait to drive the MR
Old Nov 30, 2008, 06:44 PM
n4s

Originally Posted by liushen67
I was gonna settle on the gsr, but after reading this, the mr is my choice. plus you can be sure the aftermarket will improve on the sst. no more shifting. best of both world's...
Same here. After reading the review and the posts I'm leaning more towards the MR as well. One question I have though is how is the SST in stop and go traffic? I've read some other posts saying that there are some issues.....
Old Nov 30, 2008, 08:05 PM
Cyp
Evolving Member

in stop and go traffic it's smooth, but at times if feels like someone is manually shifting into first gear. Only thing I dislike, is the delay before it launches from first gear when stepping on the gas. It feels like a novice burning the clutch. I'm not sure why mitsubishi build the car this way. Every other standard automatic just launches as soon as you press the gas. MR X feels like you need someone to push you to get started. Its irritating when wanting to gun the car off the line.
Old Dec 1, 2008, 09:26 AM
Evolving Member

Does the delay in first gear cause roll back when starting from an incline; such as on a hill or rail road tracks? Would this require braking until the rpms move up a little?
Old Dec 1, 2008, 09:57 AM
n4s

Originally Posted by Cyp
in stop and go traffic it's smooth, but at times if feels like someone is manually shifting into first gear. Only thing I dislike, is the delay before it launches from first gear when stepping on the gas. It feels like a novice burning the clutch. I'm not sure why mitsubishi build the car this way. Every other standard automatic just launches as soon as you press the gas. MR X feels like you need someone to push you to get started. Its irritating when wanting to gun the car off the line.
Tks, that's helpful!! that launch issue, is it only when you step hard on the gas or does it hesitate all the time (ie even when applying a small amount of pressure on the accelerator)?
Old Dec 2, 2008, 11:35 PM
Cyp
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by icrnk
Does the delay in first gear cause roll back when starting from an incline; such as on a hill or rail road tracks? Would this require braking until the rpms move up a little?
No rollback

Quick Reply: Evo X MR test drive teaser