Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

What is Mitsu giving you for your 8 & 9 trade for X ?

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2008, 02:43 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Dennis F
It is called ethics man.

And you are flat out lying about charging what a shop would charge. I have installed just about everything under the sun as far as aftermarket goes, alarms/ remote starters, running boards, sun roofs, nav's, brush gaurds, spoilers, rear view mirror's with temp display...... and so on. I also wrote all the PO's to the dealer and I know first hand that dealers upcharge that considerably.

Making a buck is one thing, but 150% profit like you just used as an example is pethitic. It is people like you who make buying a car a bad experience and the need for someone to educate themselves.

So now a dealer, who works FOR the manufacturer, upcharges product even more on top of the sale of the car...... Where is your head at man? Oh yeah, SCREWING PEOPLE OVER.

I worked wholesale for 13 years and I know all the in's and out's so please do not try to tell me your an honorable business man. Salesman do not get a bad name because it is a mistake or a misunderstanding. You get it because salesmen are leaches and it gets even worse when the un-educated walk in and you take advantage of them.

As far as your shop that you use goes, chances are they have been bulllied into thier low prices from competition.... your dealer saying they will go to annother shop because there is no loyalty.

Here is another example, back in 1998 when cars where incredibly easy to work on, we would get 399 installed for a alarm/starter combo. Dealer would mark that up another 100 to the consumer. Today we get 249 and the cars are more difficult, require more parts that can be costly and more time to install. Now the consumer pays upwards of 700 for that end product. So much for inflation eh?

Again, do not try to bull**** me. I am one of the guys who made you money for the aftermarket.

BTW, how much does a sunroof cost on a new car? We would charge the dealer 700 for it..... on the invoice it was 1500 to the end consumer.

Point proved.

1. No i'm not flat out lying. Thats's how our Auto Group does business.

2. Looks like you shouldn't buy clothing or shoes anymore, since they mark up 300+%.

3. To me it's seems like you don't understand the business.

4. Again no one has demonstrated how salesman are leaches, crooks, robbers, snakes, whatever you want to call it. All your talking about is accessories.

5. For an aftermarket moonroof we charge the customer about $800.

Still waiting for someones that knows what their talking about, and is in or has been in the business.
Old May 23, 2008, 02:49 PM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by BBYBruno
1. For most aftermarket services and goods such as alarms, tow hitchs, brush guards etc. we go through a local automotive shop that does those kinds of things and we have a relationship with. The shop will do these installs cheaper for use because all the business we generate so thats where we make some profit. But we still charge the customer the same amount the shop would charge.

2. Factory parts are expensive. Those high prices come from the auto manufacturer. Then the dealership parts department marks them up a bit to make profit. Nothing wrong with that, it's called business.

Ok so you still have not showed me how dealerships rip people off. It seems to me people are very bitter for some reason. No one seems to grasp basic business principles. I bought this part for $10, I am going to sell you this part for $25, OMG NOOO he made PROFIT.
that item, sold at any other respectful business would be $12-$14

and a message to everyone, do not buy factory parts at the dealer, go to www.mitsubishiparts.net or www.discountmitsubishiparts.com

Last edited by justboosted02; May 23, 2008 at 02:52 PM.
Old May 23, 2008, 02:56 PM
Evolved Member

Location: Work - New York, Alaska, Mexico or the Caribbean. -Home - Tx Hill Country
Oh please. I love dealing with educated comsumers. They understand economics, business and have common sense. They pay profit.

That's different then some ignorant person going on-line and reading "life of a carsalesmen" on edmunds.com and comes in the dealership with a script they have to follow, because the internet told them to. They don't speak and converse like normal human beings.
Bruno, You're going to have a hard time convincing all of us dealers aren't making money. They occupy prime real estate in every city we all live in and with a few exceptions, they are not going out of business.

The second problem you're going to have is all of us that have purchased more than a car or two have dealt with a scum bag at a dealer. Like it or not, that's the history we all bring to the table.

Finally, as I posted above, dealers don't have to take any deal. If it isn't "fair" to you, don't take it. Just as I don't have to take the deal as a consumer. If you can't stay in business, that's your fault just as it is my fault if I can't stay employed. I'm not owed anything, nor is a dealer.
Old May 23, 2008, 02:57 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by justboosted02
that item, sold at any other respectful business would be $12-$14

and a message to everyone, do not buy factory parts at the dealer, go to www.mitsubishiparts.net or www.discountmitsubishiparts.com
So like I told the other guy, you should not buy clothing or shoes. Since their markup is 300+%.

So since you've owned several businesses and know all the expenses. Please tell me how that $2.00 profit you mentioned will cover building lease, phone, internet, transportation costs, payroll, insurance, charities/donations, i'll just stop now.
Old May 23, 2008, 03:04 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by robertrinaustin
Bruno, You're going to have a hard time convincing all of us dealers aren't making money. They occupy prime real estate in every city we all live in and with a few exceptions, they are not going out of business.

The second problem you're going to have is all of us that have purchased more than a car or two have dealt with a scum bag at a dealer. Like it or not, that's the history we all bring to the table.

Finally, as I posted above, dealers don't have to take any deal. If it isn't "fair" to you, don't take it. Just as I don't have to take the deal as a consumer. If you can't stay in business, that's your fault just as it is my fault if I can't stay employed. I'm not owed anything, nor is a dealer.
I'm not trying to convince no one about what the dealership makes. I'm merely talking about the salesman.

Your right about your second comment. But again there are a lot of regular people just trying to make a living.

Your last comment I disagree with. You as the consumer are owed a quality product at a fair price, respect, prompt and professional service. The dealer is owed respect and fair payment for goods and services.

I'm sorry if any of you have had bad experiences. The Auto Group I work for doesn't treat the customer the ways some of you have mentioned. If one of us does were terminated.
Old May 23, 2008, 03:04 PM
Account Disabled

so howcome when a woman goes to a dealership u salesman are all over here trying to sell her anything?? is it because u salesman know that MOST women dont know anything about cars?? exactly!! u treat them like crap cuz u know u can do whatever u want cuz they are women!! yeah u do it cuz ive tested this out..
Old May 23, 2008, 03:07 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ggevoIX
so howcome when a woman goes to a dealership u salesman are all over here trying to sell her anything?? is it because u salesman know that MOST women dont know anything about cars?? exactly!! u treat them like crap cuz u know u can do whatever u want cuz they are women!! yeah u do it cuz ive tested this out..
I can't speak to everyone in the world. But personally I like sometimes dealing with women better. They are generally just nicer. I treat a women the same as a man.
Old May 23, 2008, 03:32 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So like I told the other guy, you should not buy clothing or shoes. Since their markup is 300+%.
When I was in high school and college I worked a number of retail jobs, and more than a few allowed me to buy items at store cost + some %. I can say with great certainty that I've never seen any item of clothing or a pair of shoes with even close to a 300% markup. Now, I wasn't working anywhere where they're charging $250 for a pair of jeans, but the average person doesn't shop there, either. Even then, the designer takes a big cut so the markup might not even be so great, I don't know.

20-40% markup is typical across a wide range of industries, and they manage to do just fine. The only item I can think of that comes even close to a 300% markup are cables... computer, audio, speaker, etc.

I'd think that a good salesman would at least be proud that they can routinely rip someone off, but that never happens. They always seem brainwashed that ripping people off is OK because they make a profit, and are upset at the image they get because of it.
Old May 23, 2008, 03:37 PM
Evolving Member

Well I guess the hundreds of dealers I have worked with over the past 13 years is nothing compared to the one you work for now.

Even if I am talking accesories, that is still part of the sale and that is where the shady part comes in.

Lets talk about when I was Evo shopping. I went to look at a WW 03, it had 70k miles on it, needed tires, misfired when boost came on, someone had broken into the trunk at some point and they replaced the key cylinder with a new one, but never had the sheet metal fixed on the trunk, some of th einterior lights did not work on the dash etc...

They had it marked at 26,999. This was a dodge dealer for clearifacation. Right across the street was a mitsu dealer with a GG 06 for 31,999. Brand new.

I asked them about the price and I mentioned my concerns, they took 100 bucks off the price and said they would have no problem getting that. Funny thing, 2 months later when I was at the auction, it fetched 11k. Wow, no leach effect there right?

So I think we will have to agree to disagree here. I have proven my point about dealerships several times in this thread and you do not care in the least.

While I will continue to buy clothes for my family even if it was 300% markup, that is something that is needed for life. Dealers charging outragous amounts of money for accesories and service is un-ethical.

Why don't sales men ever stick up for the guy who's warrenty was denied because a dealer *heard* they may have been racing....... It is a ****ing race/rally inspired car. If it was meant to drive slow, it would not come with 276 hp. It would have 70.
Old May 23, 2008, 03:46 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by gizmotoy
When I was in high school and college I worked a number of retail jobs, and more than a few allowed me to buy items at store cost + some %. I can say with great certainty that I've never seen any item of clothing or a pair of shoes with even close to a 300% markup. Now, I wasn't working anywhere where they're charging $250 for a pair of jeans, but the average person doesn't shop there, either. Even then, the designer takes a big cut so the markup might not even be so great, I don't know.

20-40% markup is typical across a wide range of industries, and they manage to do just fine. The only item I can think of that comes even close to a 300% markup are cables... computer, audio, speaker, etc.

I'd think that a good salesman would at least be proud that they can routinely rip someone off, but that never happens. They always seem brainwashed that ripping people off is OK because they make a profit, and are upset at the image they get because of it.
Markup can be from 20% to 300+%. Markups can go up to 300% so the wow factor is bigger when you have a "huge sale".
Old May 23, 2008, 03:56 PM
Evolving Member

Dealer markup in and of itself is lame. MSRP means just that, not so a dealer can say, hey why not ask 10k over because someone will buy it.

That someone is an un-educated person who gets taken advantage of.

That salesman and dealer are scumbags. You going to tell me this doesn't happen?
Old May 23, 2008, 04:06 PM
Evolved Member

Just adding some infos if someone need it:
2006 Evo MR, GG. 20600 Miles. 9 out of 10 in and out, don't count in the rock chips in front bumper, I see no point counting them as damage to car?
I was curious about the 335i at this dealership and ask how much would my car value be if I trade it, he told me around $23k-$24k'ish.

Other dealer may go higher or may not, but that is the price range dealers in Seattle probably are looking at?

Thanks.
Old May 23, 2008, 08:44 PM
Evolved Member

Here my deals-
06 Lancer Evolution SSL with 22K miles got the trade at $24500 (which equal to about $2K tax saving) and the selling price for the 08 Lancer Evolution SSS was for invoice whic was $33493 and also got the $500 rebate. Internet FTW
Old May 26, 2008, 07:13 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
05 SSL 23k miles. $22,000 trade in woot
Old May 26, 2008, 07:33 PM
Evolved Member

Received 13 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by is300
Here my deals-
06 Lancer Evolution SSL with 22K miles got the trade at $24500 (which equal to about $2K tax saving) and the selling price for the 08 Lancer Evolution SSS was for invoice whic was $33493 and also got the $500 rebate. Internet FTW
That is just a bad trade-in value on the 9. Here in SoCal, South Coast Mitsu is gving killer trade-in deals on Evo 9s. One guy I know traded his 9 for 29K last year. They give top dollar for Evos in SoCal.

Quick Reply: What is Mitsu giving you for your 8 & 9 trade for X ?