Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

What is Mitsu giving you for your 8 & 9 trade for X ?

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2008, 07:34 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This thread is freakin' entertaining.

Salesman/dealers = Bad
any retail sales=Bad

Bottom line it is all about profit. That is the facts of life. It sucks, but no matter who you are you are going to try to get the best deal possible. If you do not, you are an idiot, or you have too much money and you probably have never had to eat top ramen for a month straight.

I don't remember the last time I had to negotiate the price of my pants with a salesman that would keep walking back to his supervisor to continue to determine final price. Yeah it may be 300% mark up, but your not going to get a 50% difference in price if I go to another store.
Old May 26, 2008, 08:20 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by SpooksEvo

I don't remember the last time I had to negotiate the price of my pants with a salesman that would keep walking back to his supervisor to continue to determine final price. Yeah it may be 300% mark up, but your not going to get a 50% difference in price if I go to another store.
Seriously. Your pants are fair traded (assuming no sales, etc). Cars on the other hand can vary by thousands of dollars from dealer to dealer. Apples and oranges right there.
Old May 26, 2008, 08:22 PM
Evolved Member

GulfCoast Mitsubishi wanted to straight trade my 8 for an X... no money, just trade.. I laughed and petted my hood
Old May 26, 2008, 08:26 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by kanyonkid
GulfCoast Mitsubishi wanted to straight trade my 8 for an X... no money, just trade.. I laughed and petted my hood
what? you must have a lot of expensive tasteful mods on your car. or the 8/9 are really sought after now.
Old May 26, 2008, 08:37 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by nj1266
That is just a bad trade-in value on the 9. Here in SoCal, South Coast Mitsu is gving killer trade-in deals on Evo 9s. One guy I know traded his 9 for 29K last year. They give top dollar for Evos in SoCal.

why are you comparing last year to this year? anyway me trading it on for $24500 is the same as me selling it for $26500 and with KBB and edmunds saying that my car private sell is $25K and trade-in at $23K I can lived with that
Old May 26, 2008, 08:43 PM
Evolved Member

The reason there are channels for people to educate themselves are because people have been taken advantage of by sales people throughout history. The salesperson says "it's all about profit" when its really all about "how much EXTRA money selling unnecessary additions can I line my pockets with AFTER the basic profit?"

This happens in every form of commission based sales(i.e. mortgages, electronics stores, CAR DEALERSHIPS) and the customer should be aware of what they need and what they're being duped into purchasing under false pretenses. These customers have instilled their trust in that they will get what they want and need when making a purchase only for sales people such as yourself to sell them things they don't need in the name of "profit."

What upsets you is that an educated customer makes you an honest salesperson.... and there's no money in that now is there? /rant

On Topic... I just want what I owe on my car (25.5) but the difference between that and a new X is huge
Old May 26, 2008, 08:43 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by JspecEfini
what? you must have a lot of expensive tasteful mods on your car. or the 8/9 are really sought after now.
not at all... my only mod at the time was a fmic... and a jdm bumper... and one side of my car is all scratched up from a buddy who sideswiped a mountain with it... still to this day everytime i pull up, all the associates oogle at my ride and ask to trade it in.. haha its in mississippi and this dealership never had an 8, had one 9 when it came out.. and had just gotten 2 X's... one sold before they came in, and the other is just sittin on the showroom floor... i go and sit in it everytime i go over there lol
Old May 26, 2008, 09:16 PM
Evolving Member

anyone else traded or sold their evo 9 to the dealership recently???