Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Cool things the X has you didnt even know about

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2008, 05:54 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by s42evo
That wiper system changing per the speed of the car is something I thought cars should have had years ago...especially useful in stop and go traffic areas.
My 07 tl-s has this too. Alot of up level cars did this years ago
Old Feb 3, 2008, 07:39 AM
Evolving Member

If you have navi, hold the SET and NAVI buttons together for about 4 seconds and you will get into a secret menu. Not much to do in there but check sensor signals and such, but it gives you something else to mess around with.
Old Feb 3, 2008, 09:58 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ooooo, secret menu I wonder if there is a way to unlock Doom on this thing
Old Feb 3, 2008, 10:00 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by PhoenixINX
Can you really not hit this using a button on the steering wheel????
Nope, no steering wheel mounts to control the Nav at all. Something I wish we did have, but I fear it would have made the steering wheel more bloated then it already is. I also wish it supported voice commands like the Prius and all the new Ford cars.
Old Feb 3, 2008, 10:07 AM
Evolving Member

What version did they put in the X's NAV? My GTS is running one from 2005. There is an update disc available but it does not say what it updates to and it is $100. I'm suppose to find out Monday the info on the update and if it is even worth it.
Old Feb 3, 2008, 10:08 AM
Evolved Member

I have no idea. Do you know how to find out?
Old Feb 3, 2008, 10:36 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by PDXEvo
I have no idea. Do you know how to find out?
INFO button > support info and it will give you the version.
Old Feb 3, 2008, 11:09 AM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by otter
Did previous Evos not have speed sensing wipers? The 04=06 Ralliarts did.
the IX MR didn't have either. although my 1988 mitsubishi galant sigma had it already-speed sensing wipers as well as steering
Old Feb 3, 2008, 04:48 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
well, the VIIIs and IXs didn't even have cruise control, so it's not surprising.
Old Feb 4, 2008, 12:07 AM
Evolved Member

This is off topic, but all evo VIII-IX sold here have speed-sensing wipers, it's just that on the VIII-IX it only works in intermittant mode. Try putting it in the fastest intermittant mode...there will be a pause between wipes below a certain speed, and past a certain speed, it will become continuous. Even my '03 VIII has it, which was one of the first to come off the boat...
Old Feb 4, 2008, 12:12 AM
Account Disabled

Ok I admit it. Im a gadget freak. This being the case I have spent a lot of time going through all the menus and checking stuff out on the X's Nav setup. In doing, I thought it might be good to share some things about the most advanced car Mitsu has ever built.

- You can change how your FAST key system works in the settings menu. Doing this will change how the doors unlock, what the unlock time is, etc.
- You can change how the variable wipers run. There are settings to have the variable speed based on car speed. This actually works really well and is fun to tune. Heh, tuning windshield wipers, I must be getting desperate for an ECU unlock
- Fast lane change blinker settings are also available here. This allows you to barley touch the blinker switch and it will blink 3 times then automatically turn off. Great for those short lane changes and prevents you from looking like the idiot that forgot to turn his blinker off after turning. Is he turning here? No, here? No, Here?...
- Voice changes for the NAV system. I have decided to name the voices. For me the Female (named Ms. Bushi) is too hard to hear, so I went with the Male (known as Mister Bushi) and things are going well. The Nav voice is still too low even on max setting though
- You can set a home location for your GPS system so you can have 1 touch button access to get back to where ever you set it too.

I think theres even more stuff, but I havent fiddled with it yet. Anyone else finding some cool stuff?
At first when you said miss bushy I thought you made up a sexual name up for the female voice but then when you said mister bushi for the male voice that was easier to listen too, for some reason i picked up that mr. bushi was short for mitsubishi if that is the case.
Old Feb 4, 2008, 12:14 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by superdupersti
At first when you said miss bushy I thought your were talkin dirty then when you said mister bushi for some reson i picked up that mr. bushi was short for mitsubishi if that is the case.
hahahahahahahahah
Old Feb 4, 2008, 12:23 AM
Account Disabled

Ok I admit it. Im a gadget freak. This being the case I have spent a lot of time going through all the menus and checking stuff out on the X's Nav setup. In doing, I thought it might be good to share some things about the most advanced car Mitsu has ever built.

- You can change how your FAST key system works in the settings menu. Doing this will change how the doors unlock, what the unlock time is, etc.
- You can change how the variable wipers run. There are settings to have the variable speed based on car speed. This actually works really well and is fun to tune. Heh, tuning windshield wipers, I must be getting desperate for an ECU unlock
- Fast lane change blinker settings are also available here. This allows you to barley touch the blinker switch and it will blink 3 times then automatically turn off. Great for those short lane changes and prevents you from looking like the idiot that forgot to turn his blinker off after turning. Is he turning here? No, here? No, Here?...
- Voice changes for the NAV system. I have decided to name the voices. For me the Female (named Ms. Bushi) is too hard to hear, so I went with the Male (known as Mister Bushi) and things are going well. The Nav voice is still too low even on max setting though
- You can set a home location for your GPS system so you can have 1 touch button access to get back to where ever you set it too.

I think theres even more stuff, but I havent fiddled with it yet. Anyone else finding some cool stuff?

To bad the screen for navi dosent show engine vitals then the car would be a real nice sleeper without having the need of guages like the r34 and upcoming gtr35 have and that would step up the evo luxury a bit not needing guages. Thats something mitsu should consider in the future for us mod freaks, besides the evo X's other flaws.
Old Feb 4, 2008, 02:18 AM
Former Sponsor

good stuff!
Old Feb 4, 2008, 03:35 AM
Evolved Member

I think the fast lane blinkers are cool

Quick Reply: Cool things the X has you didnt even know about