Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Cool things the X has you didnt even know about

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2008, 03:46 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by machron1
This is off topic, but all evo VIII-IX sold here have speed-sensing wipers, it's just that on the VIII-IX it only works in intermittant mode. Try putting it in the fastest intermittant mode...there will be a pause between wipes below a certain speed, and past a certain speed, it will become continuous. Even my '03 VIII has it, which was one of the first to come off the boat...
That's interesting, I'll have to try it on my 03.
Old Feb 4, 2008, 03:55 AM
Evolved Member

This is off topic, but all evo VIII-IX sold here have speed-sensing wipers, it's just that on the VIII-IX it only works in intermittant mode. Try putting it in the fastest intermittant mode...there will be a pause between wipes below a certain speed, and past a certain speed, it will become continuous. Even my '03 VIII has it, which was one of the first to come off the boat...
yea mine has it as well...only in intermittent like machron said..which is good in lite rain you dont have to constantly turn off the wipers when you stop when its rubbin the windows harsh if no rain is present....but sometimes it still goes to fast..can't please everyone
Old Feb 4, 2008, 05:15 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by otter
Did previous Evos not have speed sensing wipers? The 04=06 Ralliarts did.
My 06 MR does.

I actually think my car looks at speed because I doubt it has some fancy sensor telling how much and how fast rain is falling outside.
Old Feb 4, 2008, 05:29 AM
Evolving Member

If your in intermittent mode and its on high, once you go over 25mph youll see the wipers kick up a slight knotch.

Originally Posted by damstr
My 06 MR does.

I actually think my car looks at speed because I doubt it has some fancy sensor telling how much and how fast rain is falling outside.
Old Feb 4, 2008, 05:54 AM
Evolving Member

One thing that I learned this morning is that when you put the heat on AUTO it doesnt come on until the engine warms up a little bit
Old Feb 4, 2008, 08:21 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by RKT SHP
One thing that I learned this morning is that when you put the heat on AUTO it doesnt come on until the engine warms up a little bit

I think thats for ALL the cars !!
Old Feb 4, 2008, 09:54 AM

Not sure if it works the same on the Evo's but on my Galant VR-4, not only is it speed sensitive on intermittent mode, it also sets the delay based on speed of the car at the time you adjust it. It then increases or decreases wipes relative that speed.
Old Feb 4, 2008, 09:54 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Trustz
LOL

l8r)
Old Feb 4, 2008, 12:59 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Trustz

I was going to say.....
Old Feb 4, 2008, 05:04 PM
Evolving Member

No what I am saying is that nothing comes out.....not even cold air like I was expecting until the engine warms up and can actually put out hot air
Old Feb 4, 2008, 05:15 PM
Account Disabled

Oh, hmm that is odd. Is it your car only?
Old Feb 4, 2008, 11:03 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by RKT SHP
No what I am saying is that nothing comes out.....not even cold air like I was expecting until the engine warms up and can actually put out hot air
It works the same on the GTS. The fan starts out at a low speed if you have the temp set hot and the other two selectors set to auto when it first starts. As the engine warms the fan ramps up in speed. Got to love auto climate control.
Old Feb 4, 2008, 11:06 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yep, if you have the fan on auto, it wont push out any air until the coolant temp is up enough to justify blowing the air. The Prius I have does this too.
Old Feb 4, 2008, 11:28 PM
Evolving Member

Was the sensor for this in the center of the dash close to the bottom of the window? That sucks i never used that feature on my VIII. Not that i had many chances to use it living in AZ.
Old Feb 4, 2008, 11:38 PM

cool info dude, useful stuff to know

Quick Reply: Cool things the X has you didnt even know about