Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

The Evolution Experience

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2008, 12:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Evolution Experience

Disclaimer: This review is merely a way to inform readers of the new Lancer Evolution X and its wonderful abilities while also trying to quell some worries about its newfound refinement. This review is purely based on an enthusiasts opinion of the particular automobile reviewed and should be taken in that form. I am in no way shape or form employed by Mitsubishi Motors Corporation or Fuji Heavy Industries.

Hello fellow EvolutionM members!

As I have said before, I would just like to say it is an honor to be part of a forum consisting of such a wonderful and collegial group of people. It is great to have such a collaboration of automotive enthusiasts and the like on such a superb automobile. I appreciate you taking the time to view this post out of your busy schedules. Well, without further adu, here is my review of the Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X.

It was a time of anticipation, as I drove up to the Mitsubishi dealership. The Lancer Evolution represents a great lineage of performance, handling, and tuning that rivals many of the greatest cars in the world. I actually have followed the Evolution series since its inception, yet I was fascinated by the soon to be newly appointed predecessor, the Lancer Evolution X. The Lancer Evolution X was quite a series of teaser shots and concepts before we actually became aware of its newfound glories. I even in fact sat in the Evo X concept, even before the prototype, which really grabbed my excitement for the car even before it was introduced. Thus, you may infer I was really excited to meet the production car for the first time.

As I pulled into the dealership, a Rally Red Evo X GSR was sitting in the front lot. Its body screams performance, with its beautiful flowing lines and seemless integration of the spoiler and its hood mounted NACA ducts. The Evo entices you just while its standing, which few cars can commit to, and you are smitten with in the first moment. This car was equipped with the Aero Package for the GSR and I must admit, the car looks quite beautiful even more so because everything is functional. As I was cordially handed the keys and I approached the door and grabbed its handle, the door seamlessly unlocked and allowed entrance. It was a great feeling and just added to the cars ostensibly endless amount of technology. Yet, as I opened the door and began entry, I was cocooned and encased in phenomenally designed Recaro seats. The Recaro seats are incredible. They are comfortable yet supple and offer great support and natural lateral support, just as they are designed to be. Lastly on the interior, I think it is very nicely appointed, the quality of the materials are great, as well as the fit and finish may make a Lexus blush. I refrain from further opinions because of my most important concern, its performance.

The engine is a great piece of machinery. It’s smooth and linear on power delivery, yet still retains that turbo charged surge of power that I adore. The quick throttle off kick back of my IX has been abolished. The clutch is perfect, with a great clutch engagement and feel. The brakes are also phenomenal and bite at the calipers with ferocious attack. The handling is exquisite as that of the previous generations. It is light and quick, with feline reflexes. The Evo X connects and engages its driver, as do previous generations, to its machine unlike anything else in the world. It pulls you into its seemingly mind and physics bending phenomena. I feel that you can place a dime fifteen feet in front of the Evo and drive over it, perfectly creating your projected pathway in the tarmac. In fact, with the communication from previous Evo’s and the latest iteration, you may even be able to have an imprinting of Franklin Delano Roosevelt on your hand as you pass over it. The automobile is that communicative. It may thus be inferred that the appropriateness for less than adequate handling and communication rumors be uncalled for and be put to rest. The handling ride compromise is also of high stature to be recognized. The ride of the Evo X is even more so compliant than my Evo IX MR, which I feel is very compliant itself, with apparently no degradation of handling prowess. Broken pavement does not upset steering and requires no correction. The driver feels as if the Evo X is very structurally rigid and that no amount of broken pavement may upset it. The Evo X’s all-wheel drive system requires thousands of words to represent the amount of technology, performance, and grip that it achieves and has gone into creating it. Yet, to make a long review even longer, I may just say that it is amazing how effective it proportions torque to the wheel that needs it most. It is seamless in its integration and in no way strips the car of its performance however enhances it. The car just remains neutral through any endeavor, as the computer sorts everything out. It is simply astonishing and requires only a test drive to fully describe.

I have owned many great vehicles, yet I still believe that the Evolution IX is one of the best I have purchased. To quote Automobile Magazine’s All Star Awards, the Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR is, “More a Porsche 911 than a Porsche 911,” and I have to agree. To be bold, I think the Evo X is even closer to the greatest compliment it may achieve, through its added compliance and superb ride handling compromise.

In summary, I believe that the Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X may be summed up by a famous Top Gear episode as Jeremy Clarkson states, “Did you spill my pint?” figuratively renaming and representing the Evo VIII in this Subaru versus Mitsubishi comparison while also renaming the Subaru Impreza WRX STI as, “You! Outside! Now!” (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ioNjbsjAZ8k specifically 5:35) Jeremy Clarkson was so fond and aware of these two cars abilities and ferociousness he felt it was necessary to rename them. Well if I may amend his statement for the newest iteration Evo it would probably sound a little more like, “Excuse me sir, did you possibly spill my alcoholic beverage, because if you did, I’ll have to resort to violence.” Please take note of my word configuration from this statement to fully understand my analogy. In other words, the Evo X is a wonderful masterpiece of technology, handling, performance, quality, safety, and livability that is unlike anything made in the world, yet still is truly an evolving member and lineage of the lancer evolution series. The Evo now offers much more for driver comfort and convenience without sacrificing performance, while still being able to “resort to violence.” One may consider that in fact the Evo X may be a little precocious, however in my opinion it is one of the greatest cars in the world and will continue to provide ultimate car performance and handling for much less than compared to others that may be obtained for much more. In an ever increasing and exuberant time for added refinement, and therefore weight, there is absolutely no competitor for Mitsubishi’s newest enhancement to the Lancer Evolution series and the legacy it has created.

I again thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedules to read this review. I hope it has posed as an assistant in your assumptions, purchases, and even further formulations. Thank you.

-MREVO1234
Old Feb 3, 2008, 12:35 PM
Evolved Member

I like your style of writing!

Very nice review
Old Feb 3, 2008, 12:37 PM

Like the review.... Thanks
Old Feb 3, 2008, 12:42 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Very good review!

Thanks for spending the time on writing it, must have taken you a good couple of hours!
Old Feb 3, 2008, 12:42 PM
Evolved Member

nice review thank you
Old Feb 3, 2008, 02:47 PM

nice reviews, awesome
Old Feb 3, 2008, 02:57 PM
Evolved Member

bravo.
Brunnen geschrieben!
Old Feb 3, 2008, 04:14 PM
Evolving Member

Evo X FTMFW
Old Feb 3, 2008, 04:31 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by MREVO1234
"Excuse me sir, did you possibly spill my alcoholic beverage, because if you did, I’ll have to resort to violence.”
lol, i love it. refined and sophisticated, yet can rip your heart out when provoked
Old Feb 3, 2008, 04:33 PM
Evolved Member

Wow, U should apply for Auto Journalism. That Review was well made...the end was kinda redundant, but great nonetheless
Old Feb 3, 2008, 04:46 PM
Evolved Member

another heart won by the evolution x, thanks for sharing with the community.
Old Feb 3, 2008, 07:14 PM

I appreciate all your kind comments. Thank you! The Lancer Evolution X, its forebears, as well as its community and following is truly one of a kind!

-MREVO1234
Old Feb 3, 2008, 08:48 PM
Evolved Member

great review! I feel the same way about the x.
Old Feb 4, 2008, 12:48 PM
Account Disabled

Awesome review! Great insight and well written!

+1
Old Feb 4, 2008, 01:40 PM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
wow.... did you felt the car is superior not just better then the previus one?

Quick Reply: The Evolution Experience