Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

normal gsr vs. aero package ?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2008, 12:25 PM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't see what's so "ricey" about it. It looks good and gives the X a lowered appearance IMO.

I'd get them, just not with everything else for $2,000.
Old Mar 8, 2008, 11:11 PM
Evolved Member

i got the aero package and i'm happy with it
Old Mar 8, 2008, 11:20 PM

I didn't get the Aero Pack... I got the SSS But i Was thinking those 2G's i could buy the aero kit But with C/F lip kit with RR Evo X and sum Black Rims will look nice...
im just waitting for some one to make them =(
Old Mar 9, 2008, 01:35 AM

i think the aero would work better on a darker colored grey or black car. On a light colored one, esp white or silver, it would make the car look heavy. It may still work if you threw on 19" wheels, lowered it w/ beefy tires. but on 18" I think it would make the wheels look too small.

personally I prefer the more subtle look without them. I also like how not having the front lip makes the blacked out grill on the gsr models appear larger and more menacing. besides, I really think the X is loud enough looking as-is. Wider wheels and a drop would be nice, but throwing on a body-kit of any sort would be overkill imo.
Old Mar 9, 2008, 08:13 AM

Originally Posted by EVO X Owner-2-B
Those side skirts look like a step. Also, all those extra add-ons down low add visual pounds to the car. The cars without look lighter and cleaner. My opinion.
Believe it or not that kit is very light material...not heavy bulky plastic. Actuallty pretty flexible
Old Mar 9, 2008, 08:56 AM

Originally Posted by delkat
I'm not impressed with the Aero Kit. Looks tacky and $2000 is a lot for some plastic. I would wait for the aftermarket. I've already seen some nice carbon splitter add-ons that look great.
+1

PSI...
Old Mar 9, 2008, 11:38 AM
Evolving Member

I got the aero kit .. I HAD to have it .. the car needs that front lip .. otherwise it just looks like a Hoover ..
Old Mar 9, 2008, 12:48 PM
Evolved Member

Let me throw my .02 cents in

To me.. I look at it like this... the deal I got was incredible, and I didn't pay no where NEAR $2000.00 for the SSS, nor for the NAV... or the AERO..
When I walked into the dealership, I walked in with the idea of getting the BASE GSR with NO OPTIONS... I walked out w/ EVERYTHING, I paid about about half of what was "msrp" on the add on's...and to me, for 3k, it was worth it.

-Chris
Old Mar 9, 2008, 05:51 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Some of the people here don't understand the term ricey or is just
miss using it. In no way does the Aero kit on the Evo-x look ricey at all.
Plus please make a lighter comment on it until you see them side by side in person.
Being in this game since 1990 ways before F&F and owning a 1990 mitsu Eclipse GSX back in 1990,
with HKS ,and Greddy- Trust gears ect.Back when 99.9% of American don't even know what they are. I think some of the new newcomers to this import scene don't know the meaning of "ricey". A 1995 Corola with a 2 foot tall Supra Spoiler is "ricey".
Gramma's Toyota Camry With TRD stickers, and Body kit is ricey...
In NO way does an EVO-X Look "ricey" with an Aero kit.
Old Mar 9, 2008, 06:10 PM

Liked it, got it and love it.
BTW "ricey" is a very opinionated word.
Old Mar 9, 2008, 07:01 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by DC_TypeR
Let me throw my .02 cents in

To me.. I look at it like this... the deal I got was incredible, and I didn't pay no where NEAR $2000.00 for the SSS, nor for the NAV... or the AERO..
When I walked into the dealership, I walked in with the idea of getting the BASE GSR with NO OPTIONS... I walked out w/ EVERYTHING, I paid about about half of what was "msrp" on the add on's...and to me, for 3k, it was worth it.

-Chris
Me too. I went in the showroom not wanting the aero kit, but got such a good deal, I could pass up. I really didn't pay that much for it. I was told if I wanted one with out it I'd have to order it and wait till summer to get it. Overall I happy with the kit, I was informed the material is very light, so that was reassuring.
Old Mar 10, 2008, 12:27 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i wasnt a big fan of the aero kit at all. But I am slowly warming up to them. Problem with the perception of the kit is the stock wheels I think. Because the stockers are so conservative at 8.5 wide, it really makes the aero kit look a bit over the top.... but having seen the aero on a lowered aggressive wheels setup, it completely changed my outlook and made me more open to the idea...

heres an example of Archibabies...

Not too bad, right?
Old Mar 10, 2008, 12:44 PM
EvoM Administrator

Received 135 Likes on 81 Posts
It might look cleaner without, but those aero cars aren't getting rock chipped like the rest of us. My SSS car is taking a pounding.
Old Mar 10, 2008, 12:49 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by antics22
i wasnt a big fan of the aero kit at all. But I am slowly warming up to them. Problem with the perception of the kit is the stock wheels I think. Because the stockers are so conservative at 8.5 wide, it really makes the aero kit look a bit over the top.... but having seen the aero on a lowered aggressive wheels setup, it completely changed my outlook and made me more open to the idea...

heres an example of Archibabies...

Not too bad, right?
Drool...sex on wheels