Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

First CEL

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2008, 08:38 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Ok I have something more to this Mix.
About 3 weeks ago , 3 days after i picked up the car, I was starting up my car that morning and it took like 5 to 6 sec before it started up. I think nothing of it because
it never happen again, until today.. I got back from lunch at 12:30 pm.
And when I left work 2 hours later this is what happen. I started the car, I can hear the starter spin just fine, but it would'nt turn, After about 5-6 sec i stop. waited about 10 sec and tried again, same thing, On my 3rd try after about 5 sec, I tap on the gas pedal, and it started right up. Since then, I have started the car
6 more time, and its just like normal, start on the 1st 1- 2 sec. This Car is acting crazy and I still only have 1500 mile on it. Im taking it to the dealership yet again.
I bet after they take a look at it, and cant find anything wrong, and think im smoking crack.
Old Mar 2, 2008, 02:08 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Man I hope the dealer fixes this for us soon. Happened to me too. Just not cool!
Old Mar 2, 2008, 03:33 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by thuan
Ok I have something more to this Mix.
About 3 weeks ago , 3 days after i picked up the car, I was starting up my car that morning and it took like 5 to 6 sec before it started up. I think nothing of it because
it never happen again, until today.. I got back from lunch at 12:30 pm.
And when I left work 2 hours later this is what happen. I started the car, I can hear the starter spin just fine, but it would'nt turn, After about 5-6 sec i stop. waited about 10 sec and tried again, same thing, On my 3rd try after about 5 sec, I tap on the gas pedal, and it started right up. Since then, I have started the car
6 more time, and its just like normal, start on the 1st 1- 2 sec. This Car is acting crazy and I still only have 1500 mile on it. Im taking it to the dealership yet again.
I bet after they take a look at it, and cant find anything wrong, and think im smoking crack.
Sigh.

Same thing happened to me once. Didn't think anything of it. Also, was getting comfortable and noticed a few times that the idle seemed to drop strangely low after startup.