Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Whats in the MR?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2008, 07:14 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I live in South Fl.. I need water cooled seats here... The only difficult thing for me is getting an MR in yellow... Hahahaha..
Old Feb 13, 2008, 05:20 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Jonasan50
I live in South Fl.. I need water cooled seats here... The only difficult thing for me is getting an MR in yellow... Hahahaha..
x2 because it gets hot in da ATL.
Old Feb 13, 2008, 06:37 AM
Plat Vendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by DirectorSe7en
Wow, non-servicable? So no matter what happens it's an immediate replacement?
You can get a couple of seals for it and thats it.
Old Feb 13, 2008, 06:51 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by bbenavitz
Interesting that Mitsu does not offer the "go fast" parts (2 piece rotors, bilsteins and eibach springs) on the "hard core" GSR 5 speed? Interesting marketing strategy. I guess we could just buy these parts and retrofit them to the GSR.
This is the one thing I have personally been at odds about. The MR seems a contradiction of itself to me. The resulting car happens to be something I like being I am starting to grow up a bit (code for getting old), and dont care to suffer in comforts just to get great performance. But it seems odd to put performance suspension and brakes on a less moddifiable model with extra comfort and sound deadening. It almost seems like their should be three models.

The reality though is that the MR is great for all situations and the GSR saves money by not having those bits. A third model would be interesting though.

You can absolutely retrofit these parts. I know southcoast has the rotors in stock. AS for the springs and bilsteins, you could just go aftermarket.
Old Feb 13, 2008, 07:03 AM
Evolved Member

Yeah the 3rd model could be the RS, should be the RS!
Old Feb 13, 2008, 07:03 AM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
yeah i would replace them for after market. I mean the brembos are nice but the lots of good break companies out there to sell the 2 piece rotors. Also for coilovers a same.
Old Feb 13, 2008, 09:16 AM

What about color options?
Old Feb 13, 2008, 09:30 AM
Evolving Member

a. The MR will be available in 5 colors:
i. Wicked White
ii. Cool Silver
iii. Rally Red
iv. Graphite Gray
v. Phantom Black
Old Feb 13, 2008, 09:36 AM
Evolving Member

36k base would be nice..... fully loaded for around 38k...
is the technology package the only option for the MR??
man, i can't wait for this thing!
Old Feb 13, 2008, 09:40 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
^ For what I've seen, yes. Unless, dealers are having specials, like powder coated rims at South Coast - but I guess that's an accessory.
Old Feb 13, 2008, 10:12 AM
Evolving Member

So has anyone negotiated a price on the MR with South Coast yet? Sorry if this has been touched on before but I'm a newb here but have been scanning this forum every now and then. From what I've heard among many here, South Coast seems to be the most reasonable and never charges over MSRP. I guess I'm curious if anyone with good connections with them have negotiated a below MSRP on the MR spec'd Evo.
Old Feb 13, 2008, 10:21 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by TCinOC
So has anyone negotiated a price on the MR with South Coast yet? Sorry if this has been touched on before but I'm a newb here but have been scanning this forum every now and then. From what I've heard among many here, South Coast seems to be the most reasonable and never charges over MSRP. I guess I'm curious if anyone with good connections with them have negotiated a below MSRP on the MR spec'd Evo.
I haven't negotiated final pricing yet, but I have a deposit. I don't know if they'd be willing to negotiate pricing yet, because Mitsu hasn't released any info.
Old Feb 13, 2008, 10:22 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by TCinOC
I'm going to be going to them to put a reserve down on an MR in hopes I can get it for a few hundred over invoice. No one knows the MSRP yet so it's kinda hard to negotiate based on it.

- Patrick
Old Feb 13, 2008, 10:34 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Vostok 7
I'm going to be going to them to put a reserve down on an MR in hopes I can get it for a few hundred over invoice. No one knows the MSRP yet so it's kinda hard to negotiate based on it.

- Patrick
Yeah that's what I suspected, thanks. There seem to be a number of people that are guestimating the list price for the base MR @ ~$36k. If my understanding is correct the Technology Package will add another $2k? So maybe $38k. I realize this is all just hearsay at this point but some around here may have better connections than others who may know a thing or two

While on the topic of the MR I'll be quite honest in saying that I would not buy this car without a test drive. This seems to be quite a controversial topic on whether cars should be allowed to be test driven or not. I'm really hoping SC gets a demo car for this purpose. If not, I don't know what I would do. I can say I won't be laying down almost 40 grand w/o knowing I'm going to like it or not.
Old Feb 13, 2008, 10:36 AM
Evolved Member

You can test drive, they probably would want to hold $500 from you, in the mean time. Just don't stomp on the gas & over-rev & you should be fine. It's an Evo, it's going to be fast (after break-in at least).