Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

EvoX hit Florida, Markup's Galore....

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2008, 02:24 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
EvoX hit Florida, Markup's Galore....

I got the call, ran in to see it, they had 1 base model white X. Base everything, no HID, no NAV, no Aero. This was at City Mitsubishi in Jacksonville on Atlantic Blvd. On the sticker a "Limited Availability" Markup of 10,000!!! Just silly, I told them about South Coast Mitsu's deal, and they said they cant get anywhere near that and I walked. I bet they will call me later or tomarrow, but Holy Crap 10k markup? That has to be a record?
Old Feb 18, 2008, 02:27 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Jameson_IXMR
I got the call, ran in to see it, they had 1 base model white X. Base everything, no HID, no NAV, no Aero. This was at City Mitsubishi in Jacksonville on Atlantic Blvd. On the sticker a "Limited Availability" Markup of 10,000!!! Just silly, I told them about South Coast Mitsu's deal, and they said they cant get anywhere near that and I walked. I bet they will call me later or tomarrow, but Holy Crap 10k markup? That has to be a record?
Nope. Not the record.. I think $20k is the record.

It seems the rumors are true that the X is coming for 2008 in limited quantities.
Old Feb 18, 2008, 06:30 PM
Evolving Member

I dont know about Limited quantities, Its look like Southcoast Mitsu any many other Westcoast dealship has flocks of them, They have so many in their lot, It looks like a big giant Gumball machine of EVO-X's
Old Feb 18, 2008, 10:21 PM
Evolving Member

that suks for floridian(me),not even come out here (Ft'lauderdale) yet,i wanna get it as soon as they have ,but with that mark up just make me wait longer , or get a other car.
Old Feb 18, 2008, 11:00 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Jameson_IXMR
What a friggin' joke man!
Old Feb 18, 2008, 11:37 PM
Evolved Member

Yup just silly. The sales Manager there "Wes" is his name, I got my IXMR from them a while back, he is a grade "A" douche-bag, liar, and has the grade "A" douchey spikey cool guy hair doo to match. But you deal with the people you have to deal with sometimes, not a single person at that dealership knows a single thing about any of their cars. (Mabye some service guys do, IDK). It took me almost a Month of dealing with them about my MR before I got it for 500 over what I offered at day 1. They will realise they cant sell for 40-50k and cave eventually, it's too early now to tell. But when they do, they will not advertise, just be ready to fight to the death over it, walk out several times, and listen to their general BS.

I have an MR reserved there, I'll probably give them 2 weeks of checking in to get one I like at a reasonable price, and then remove my deposit and go to South Coast. Just dont want to wait for shipping, or buy unseen, and no time to fly over there!!!
Old Feb 19, 2008, 12:21 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
They are really full of crap now with a 10k markup.
Old Feb 19, 2008, 09:11 AM
Evolved Member

they really aren't that limited, dealers are a little scared to get a bunch in case a $40k mitsu who's target audience is under 35, won't sell like hotcakes
Old Feb 19, 2008, 10:21 AM
Evolved Member

That dealership is right down the street, I might have to go look at the X.
Old Feb 19, 2008, 10:51 AM
Account Disabled

Screw those mark-ups. Just be a sweet talker and get them to lower it.
Old Feb 19, 2008, 09:29 PM
Evolved Member

Did you take a look at it sleet? The base white one, there is always a crowd of salesmen standing around it. If you talk with them, there is no doubt you will talk to that guy Wes. Some of the stories they tell, are really quite funny. I just stand by and laugh a little.
Old Feb 20, 2008, 12:17 AM
Evolving Member

I get so mad when I read these stories. South Coast Mitsu is just 3 minutes from my house and they MOVE these cars.