Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Dash rattling...

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2008, 06:55 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm curious to see if PDEvox is having this problem. That was one of the reasons he wanted to make the switch to the X is because of it's quiet interior. I didn't expect the car to have rattles this early.
Old Feb 20, 2008, 07:00 AM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
need a little more exhaust noise and its gone... i wouldn't worry about it.
Old Feb 20, 2008, 07:34 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Rattling? In a Mitsubishi? Is this a serious question?
Old Feb 20, 2008, 08:06 AM
Evolving Member

Rattles are a part of every car that has somewhat cheep plastic, its hard to find because you need to find which plastic piece is the cause. Hell my dads lexus had rattles the 1st week he had the car, same with my neighbors acura, its just a part of plastic interiors. Once you can find the specific rattle pretty easy to fix. Plus this isnt a lexus or an acura, its a mitsubishi, yea it might be a little nicer inside, yea it may have some nice features inside, yea the motor may be a little quiter, but its still an evo, and a mitsubishi at that..so what do you expect. Regardless if you piad $39XXXX out the door for the car, its still and mitsubishi, not a BMW with nice expensive materials for the interior. Everybody thinks that because Mitsu added some new features to the car car, gave it a more up to date interior, and changed the boy racer look, that the car now apeals to 50 year old women who wants a daily driver, this isnt the case.
Old Feb 20, 2008, 08:53 AM
Evolving Member

something is rattling in mine too... seems like it's coming from the middle of my dash... it's not too loud though... i have 668 miles on it... lol
Old Feb 20, 2008, 08:59 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
guys get used to rattles ,we cant take it like a problem.... did anyone of you sit in a real rally car without carpets and normal seats??if yes so out evo is a limousine when i compere that,,and the performance is almost the same,,,
Old Feb 20, 2008, 09:06 AM

Originally Posted by dino21
YOU have to get used to this rattles thats an EVO and evo is a rally car ,just the cage is not there and they put some carpets inside..so i hear rattle sometime from the glass like is the speedometer too, evo is not a mercedes or bmw..so that all i can tell
The Evo WAS a Rally car. The X is not
Old Feb 20, 2008, 09:29 AM
UFO
Evolved Member

guys get used to rattles ,we cant take it like a problem.... did anyone of you sit in a real rally car without carpets and normal seats??if yes so out evo is a limousine when i compere that,,and the performance is almost the same,,,
Hey, take your IX on a rally course and tell me how long you last before you break something. Good luck with that. Why the hell should I get used to rattles? Neither of my previous 2 Evos had rattles like this one does. That's like telling me that just because I'm in prison I should get used to taking it in the a$$. Just because you can turn an Evo into a rally car it doesn't mean it is one, so stop calling it that.
Old Feb 20, 2008, 09:59 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by UFO
Hey, take your IX on a rally course and tell me how long you last before you break something. Good luck with that. Why the hell should I get used to rattles? Neither of my previous 2 Evos had rattles like this one does. That's like telling me that just because I'm in prison I should get used to taking it in the a$$. Just because you can turn an Evo into a rally car it doesn't mean it is one, so stop calling it that.
hahahahhaha youre funny.and if you dont want rattle go for bmw M6 ,or S65amg, but then you need to spend some $$$$
ok so,dont get used to that rattles ,but you wont help yourself....hahah do you think when you write here you hear rattle somebody is gonna tell you something and from tomorrow it stops,,or you think you will change the mitsubishi factory plan and they start from again,,,producing the cars without rattles??? good luck.
ok so like you told me evo is not a rally car ok so evo i gues is CLS 63AMG,for just 35000$.
Old Feb 20, 2008, 10:01 AM
Evolved Member

Do you those w/the rattle in the dash have the navi, or just the reg stereo?
Old Feb 20, 2008, 11:19 AM
UFO
Evolved Member

hahahahhaha youre funny.and if you dont want rattle go for bmw M6 ,or S65amg, but then you need to spend some $$$$
ok so,dont get used to that rattles ,but you wont help yourself....hahah do you think when you write here you hear rattle somebody is gonna tell you something and from tomorrow it stops,,or you think you will change the mitsubishi factory plan and they start from again,,,producing the cars without rattles??? good luck.
ok so like you told me evo is not a rally car ok so evo i gues is CLS 63AMG,for just 35000$.
I don't think I understood a single sentence in that jumble of words. I've owned 3 Mitsubishis prior to this and none of them rattled as bad as this 200 mile one does. But, then again, you know exactly how my car sounds, right?
Old Feb 20, 2008, 11:21 AM
UFO
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by kidneythief13
Do you those w/the rattle in the dash have the navi, or just the reg stereo?
I have SSS so it's the 650 watt one.
Old Feb 20, 2008, 11:29 AM

Calgon "Take me away"
Old Feb 20, 2008, 11:32 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
1200 miles...no rattles
Old Feb 20, 2008, 11:32 AM
Evolved Member

^ Do you have the reg radio?