Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Dash rattling...

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2008, 06:27 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dash rattling...

I have started to notice an annoying rattle coming from under my dash, I can hear it at highway speeds. The car has 700 miles on it, anyone else notice it? Debating on taking it to dealership or not.
Old Feb 19, 2008, 06:33 PM
Account Disabled

My glove compartment is rattling like crazy, unfortunately I haven't had the chance to take it by the dealer yet.
Old Feb 19, 2008, 06:36 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I don't think an Evo's existed that didn't have some form of rattle. Just put some foam around the edges of the glove compartment and call it a day. Or else you can leave it at the dealer for half the day, letting them drain your battery while they play your radio at full blast while "working" on it. Then when they test drive it they'll make sure to romp on it a few times while taking some corners and seeing how fast they can get it to go.

You'll get it back, it will still rattle--since their fix for any rattle is to simply use a felt roll.
Old Feb 19, 2008, 06:38 PM

I have the glove compartment for sure but feels like dash rattle since I left neveda going into arizona with 600 miles. I have been in florida for the last 3 weeks, and have 3500 miles, and the rattle and noise is still there. I have beat the crap out of the glove compartment box and still no luck.

I do not want to take the car to the dealer for this. I guess I will be taking it apart this weekend. If anyone has any suggestions let me know.

Allen
www.acewolf.com/evox/
Old Feb 19, 2008, 06:40 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Vankuen
you can leave it at the dealer for half the day, letting them drain your battery while they play your radio at full blast while "working" on it. Then when they test drive it they'll make sure to romp on it a few times while taking some corners and seeing how fast they can get it to go.

the exact reason i have not taken it yet. I dont think mine is coming from the glove compartment sounds like its coming from center of dash behind stereo.
Old Feb 19, 2008, 06:59 PM
Evolved Member

I don't think an Evo's existed that didn't have some form of rattle. Just put some foam around the edges of the glove compartment and call it a day. Or else you can leave it at the dealer for half the day, letting them drain your battery while they play your radio at full blast while "working" on it. Then when they test drive it they'll make sure to romp on it a few times while taking some corners and seeing how fast they can get it to go.

You'll get it back, it will still rattle--since their fix for any rattle is to simply use a felt roll.
it hurts because it's so true
Old Feb 19, 2008, 07:07 PM
Evolving Member

that's not just a problem on the X it is the same for the '08 Lancer's as well... then after u bump your stereo a lil bit the lil plastic piece behind the back seats rattle, then they had to fix a recall part on mine and now the front part of the driver's side back door rattles... sorry now i'm just venting, but yeah rattles for sure
Old Feb 19, 2008, 07:15 PM
Evolved Member

jeez they still didnt fix that! My 9 doesnt rattle though.
Old Feb 19, 2008, 07:15 PM
Account Disabled

Yeah, I'm definitely worried that they will beat the crap out of my car when they take it on a "test drive" to see if the rattle went away.
Old Feb 20, 2008, 05:29 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by itsme4g63
jeez they still didnt fix that! My 9 doesnt rattle though.
you wanna sell that lol seriously
Old Feb 20, 2008, 05:34 AM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by si_to_evo
you wanna sell that lol seriously
hard to bealive?
Old Feb 20, 2008, 05:47 AM
FJF
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by itsme4g63
My 9 doesnt rattle though.
I've had 2 Evos and neither rattled. Both were/are rock-solid - no squeaks, rattles, or any other issues. Some folks who've mentioned having rattles drive Evos with modded (ie. very stiff) suspensions, hard motor mounts/bushings, cams that twist the engine at idle, and a number of other mods that test the structural rigidity of the vehicle and/or transmit more vibration into the cabin. It's no wonder that cars equipped as such see an increase in interior rattles. As for a brand new car rattling, it would drive me up the wall.

Last edited by FJF; Feb 20, 2008 at 05:53 AM.
Old Feb 20, 2008, 05:50 AM
Evolving Member

YOU have to get used to this rattles thats an EVO and evo is a rally car ,just the cage is not there and they put some carpets inside..so i hear rattle sometime from the glass like is the speedometer too, evo is not a mercedes or bmw..so that all i can tell
Old Feb 20, 2008, 05:54 AM
Evolving Member

or you have to put the music very loud and then you wont hear it hahaah
Old Feb 20, 2008, 06:35 AM
UFO
Evolved Member

Yeah, I have a rattle underneath my gauge cluster, the glove box rattles, and something rattles in the passenger footwell area (other than the glovebox). I think they contracted Fisher Price to do the plastics on this car as they are so flimsy. 200 miles on the car. My previous Evos had the odd rattle but nothing like this. Pretty disappointed with Mitsubishi once again.

Quick Reply: Dash rattling...