Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

3 days with my new X

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2008, 09:29 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MrBonus
Not in terms of your clutch.
Again a myth. There are tuners that swear by breaking in a clutch by slipping the heck out of it. Do you take it easy on your brake pads for the first 300 miles?
Old Feb 20, 2008, 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by kidneythief13
Did you keep your VIII? I think I have seen an VIII at BSU, do you go there?
no i traded in my VIII, i do not go to BSU either. why do you hate that dealer? just curious, they were nothing special to me either.
Old Feb 20, 2008, 09:36 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Didn't treat me very nicely when I went w/a friend who bought an '06 ES. Wouldn't tell me the price of a IX they had in the show room, just outright refused to. Very snobby. They make you feel like they're doing you a favor. I knew more about the X then they did, when I called a couple times to ask about specs. I would think they would know more than I would on that subject. Back in Dec I actually went there to get a face to face answer/question going on about the X & the guy kept trying to get me to buy a IX & we went in a never ending circle about why I only wanted to get a X.
Old Feb 20, 2008, 09:47 AM
Evolved Member

what's wrong with a linear power band? You want no power at all below 3000?and stock foe stock I dont think the 8 was any faster 0-60 but maybe louder and your perception of "faster"

Sidenote... How is re new tribeca, the new redesign is a huge improvment
Old Feb 20, 2008, 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by Shahul X
what's wrong with a linear power band? You want no power at all below 3000?and stock foe stock I dont think the 8 was any faster 0-60 but maybe louder and your perception of "faster"

Sidenote... How is re new tribeca, the new redesign is a huge improvment
i like an on/off switch with etreme pull ABOVE 4k. like i said this can be fixed with more boost and mods. i am not saying the stock VIII was faster, i have never driven a stock evo. i originaly came from an srt-8 and an 03 cobra.

and i am very surprised but i really like the tribeca. very comfy and feels like it is worth the 30k price. not as fast as the 06 frontier we traded in, but it was way worth it. hopefuly it does okay with my boat as it will use every bit of the 3500 pound tow capacity. the wife could not be happier, again alot more room for the kid and his car seat.
Old Feb 20, 2008, 10:47 AM
Evolving Member

Lol, yes, a break-in period is considered debatable by many car enthusiasts.

However, every new car has the undercoating, new oil, fresh-out-of-the-box stinky smell that accompanies being driven hot for the first time in its life.

The same people who are launching their Evos in the 2nd day of ownership are usually the same people who return to evom complaining of clutch and tranny problems.

Why the heck would you buy an Evo for launching? So many better cars for that.
Old Feb 20, 2008, 11:20 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Fittest
Why the heck would you buy an Evo for launching? So many better cars for that.
Are you driving around on slicks or something? The awd launch is a major part of the reason why I got into the DSM game 15 years ago.
Old Feb 20, 2008, 11:22 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by shanezt
i like an on/off switch with etreme pull ABOVE 4k. like i said this can be fixed with more boost and mods. i am not saying the stock VIII was faster, i have never driven a stock evo. i originaly came from an srt-8 and an 03 cobra.

and i am very surprised but i really like the tribeca. very comfy and feels like it is worth the 30k price. not as fast as the 06 frontier we traded in, but it was way worth it. hopefuly it does okay with my boat as it will use every bit of the 3500 pound tow capacity. the wife could not be happier, again alot more room for the kid and his car seat.

+100. I love this about the older gens.
Old Feb 20, 2008, 11:38 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by DrSmile
Are you driving around on slicks or something? The awd launch is a major part of the reason why I got into the DSM game 15 years ago.
No, I prefer to drive around corners and apexes. AWD is for corners and inclement road surfaces, not launching. Unless I missed the Evo Funny Car Drag Race competition on ESPN.
Old Feb 20, 2008, 11:52 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by shanezt

I can understand that, when I was more into Hondas ( i sell those too... great cars, just now its for familys)...I loved the switch from normal to the vtec lobes.... you feel that kick.... but everyone seems to want to be more linear now....

pus the vtec"came on" at like5k rpms so you can cruise aound town under that... my evo 8 kicked on around 3200 ish? so it was hard to drive around with a cup of coffee in my hand (i kid about the coffee, but you see what i mean)
Old Feb 20, 2008, 11:54 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Fittest
No, I prefer to drive around corners and apexes. AWD is for corners and inclement road surfaces, not launching. Unless I missed the Evo Funny Car Drag Race competition on ESPN.
No but, you did miss the slicks part... because without them the Evo is launch king. Well, ok I don't know about a Gallardo or the new GT-R.
Old Feb 20, 2008, 12:01 PM
Evolving Member

Keep launching your car.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...ghlight=launch

1) Why did you not search before trying to launch and before making this post? Did you think tihs had not been discussed a million times? Did you think you were the first to have this same question? Come on, now...

2) Why do you call it a "racing" clutch? ACT makes a bunch of clutches. Which one do you have?

3) Why do you have a "racing" clutch on a stock Evo?

4) Why are you even trying to launch the car if you don't have money to fix things? You could easily break your transmission and/or t-case and be out close to $5k after one launch. You shouldn't even be CONSIDERING such a thing if you are that worried about repairs. There is no way to launch that won't potentially blow up everything in your drivetrain, even the best launch methods. The only method that is sure not to break anything is a non-launch, which is a waste at the drag strip.

5) You shouldn't be launching below 5500rpm ever.

Old Feb 20, 2008, 12:05 PM
Evolving Member

What the? Nowhere in this whole thread do I see the words "racing clutch." Did you mispost?
Old Feb 20, 2008, 12:07 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by DrSmile
What the? Nowhere in this whole thread do I see the words "racing clutch." Did you mispost?
Nah, just lazy.

Btw, since you and I seem intent on speaking to each other on someone else's thread, how about we meet up for dinner some time?
Old Feb 20, 2008, 12:07 PM
Evolved Member

[quote=shanezt;5307384] i really thought the STI was better but coulod not afford the extra 8k dollars.

i dont think u deserve a evo x just by reading what i saw i think u should of went with your first decision a subby

Quick Reply: 3 days with my new X