Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

3 days with my new X

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2008, 12:11 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Fittest
Nah, just lazy.

Btw, since you and I seem intent on speaking to each other on someone else's thread, how about we meet up for dinner some time?
I go to meets for my local DSM club... Orange county is a few thousand miles too far away though!
Old Feb 20, 2008, 12:19 PM
Evolving Member

Oh well.

<<< Big Jeremy Clarkson fan.
Old Feb 20, 2008, 12:25 PM

[QUOTE=1badgsex;5308883]
Originally Posted by shanezt
i really thought the STI was better but coulod not afford the extra 8k dollars.

i dont think u deserve a evo x just by reading what i saw i think u should of went with your first decision a subby

sorry i am not as deserving as you oh mighty one, like i sad i could not swing the extra 8 grand for a subbie. that and a flat four is the worst sounding engine ever!
Old Feb 20, 2008, 12:38 PM
Evolving Member

sorry i am not as deserving as you oh mighty one, like i sad i could not swing the extra 8 grand for a subbie. that and a flat four is the worst sounding engine ever!
How is the new STI $8K more than an Evo? Last time I checked the price was basically identical for similar options. The Evo has a no-frills version that the STI doesn't so it's a little bit cheaper in that case.

And as nasty as the flat four may sound to you, it also makes a LOT more torque then the Evo. And the transmission in the STI is bulletproof, something that has always been and continues to be a problem for the Evo. Mitsu needs to talk to Subaru about how to build transmissions .
Old Feb 20, 2008, 12:43 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
^ I think base STi is a couple thou more than base X. Maybe it had nav too, so that could be $8k more.
Old Feb 20, 2008, 01:06 PM
Evolving Member

and doesnt the evoX make more tq than the sti??? 300lb ft vs 290?
Old Feb 20, 2008, 01:18 PM

evo was 35k
sti was 43k

they have a 3k mark up on the sti but none on the evo.

OT i went to team mazda to drive a CX7 and those idiots have a 2500.00 mark up on the CX7!!!!! its damn suv and they are a dime a dozen!
Old Feb 20, 2008, 01:42 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by EzeE1o
and doesnt the evoX make more tq than the sti??? 300lb ft vs 290?
If you're leaving it stock, the STI has more horsepower, the Evo has more torque. If you do a TBE & tune on both of them, the Evo has ~10 more horsepower and the STI has ~60 more ft-lbs of torque.

evo was 35k
sti was 43k

they have a 3k mark up on the sti but none on the evo.
So a fully loaded STI at a crappy dealer against an SSS Evo at a realistic dealer. I've been quoted under $33K for a base STI, and I can go to South Coast for an Evo and spend just under $32K. And for that the STI gets HIDs while the Evo does not. So IMO they're priced nearly identical. A loaded Evo X is $40K as well. So it's disingenuous to say the STI is $8K more -- the one YOU looked at was $8K more, but it was an apples to oranges comparison
Old Feb 20, 2008, 01:46 PM
Evolved Member

Boise eh.. Thats not too far from me up here.

What kinda markup were they charging there? And what packages/accessories did you get?
Old Feb 20, 2008, 02:21 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Rootus
If you're leaving it stock, the STI has more horsepower, the Evo has more torque. If you do a TBE & tune on both of them, the Evo has ~10 more horsepower and the STI has ~60 more ft-lbs of torque.

So a fully loaded STI at a crappy dealer against an SSS Evo at a realistic dealer. I've been quoted under $33K for a base STI, and I can go to South Coast for an Evo and spend just under $32K. And for that the STI gets HIDs while the Evo does not. So IMO they're priced nearly identical. A loaded Evo X is $40K as well. So it's disingenuous to say the STI is $8K more -- the one YOU looked at was $8K more, but it was an apples to oranges comparison
This is true but the price you pay to get STI is to live with UGLY
Old Feb 20, 2008, 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by Rootus
the sticker on the sti was 40k the sticker on the evo is 35.6k as far as i know that IS a loaded evo with the 2k light and sound package. i could not find any other options. and you can not compare an MR since it is not here yet.
Old Feb 20, 2008, 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by Karan

What kinda markup were they charging there? And what packages/accessories did you get?
they charge no mark up and have to be "convinced" to move below sticker. the only option i found was the stereo package of 2k
Old Feb 20, 2008, 02:31 PM
Account Disabled

the sticker on the sti was 40k the sticker on the evo is 35.6k as far as i know that IS a loaded evo with the 2k light and sound package. i could not find any other options. and you can not compare an MR since it is not here yet.
You can also get an aero package for $2k, some type of sport interior package (not sure what it is or how much it costs) and the Technology package (with Navi, fast key, etc) for another $2K. So, you can make a GSR almost reach $40k

EDIT: check out this link http://www.edmunds.com/new/2008/mits...on=1&x=49&y=10

Last edited by atombomb33; Feb 20, 2008 at 02:34 PM.
Old Feb 20, 2008, 02:42 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Karan

dont even think of it

boise is still 1500 km's away, and on top of that, the US evo's are inadmisable.
Old Feb 20, 2008, 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by atombomb33
You can also get an aero package for $2k, some type of sport interior package (not sure what it is or how much it costs) and the Technology package (with Navi, fast key, etc) for another $2K. So, you can make a GSR almost reach $40k

EDIT: check out this link http://www.edmunds.com/new/2008/mits...on=1&x=49&y=10
Yup, I got mine last night with 2k aero opt, 2k nav opt, 2k sound opt, 400 interior opt (ebrake cover and shift knob as far as I can tell ), and the 6 cd head unit which is apparently another 400.

40k evo indeed

Quick Reply: 3 days with my new X