Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Evo X first drive

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2008, 07:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Evo X first drive

First off I am glad to be a member of these boards! I currently own an 06 STI and 06 Rubicon. Long story short, I was involved in a bad crash in my STI 4 months after I bought the car and Allstate repaired the car instead of totaling the car which had 22,600 in damage. So as my lawsuit is winding down I am looking at an 08 STI and 09 EVO X GSR. I have test drove both and I give the EVO the top props! It feels like the car its supposed to be compared to the soft suspension of the STI. Among my vast comparison of the two, its the EVO that I will be getting once the lawsuit is finalized

I will be open to comments on the pros and cons between the GSR 5MT and the 6 speed MR. Thanks is advance and I look forward to being a continuing member!

Last edited by nSTIg8r; Feb 23, 2008 at 07:58 PM.
Old Feb 23, 2008, 07:53 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
There is a Evo X forum, you posted in the Evo I- IX forum.

You lucky to be able to have test drove a Evo X, which dealer did you go to?
Old Feb 23, 2008, 07:58 PM

I went to Leith Mitsu on Capital Blvd in Raleigh. I was surprised that I got a test drive but what I am really surprised with is that I got to test drive a 08 Z06, which is what I really want but the whole wife and kids thing is holding me from the car.
Old Feb 23, 2008, 08:21 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by nSTIg8r
First off I am glad to be a member of these boards! I currently own an 06 STI and 06 Rubicon. Long story short, I was involved in a bad crash in my STI 4 months after I bought the car and Allstate repaired the car instead of totaling the car with had 22,600 in damage. So as my lawsuit is winding down I am looking at an 08 STI and 09 EVO X GSR. I have test drove both and I give the EVO the top props! It feels like the car its supposed to be compared to the soft suspension of the STI. Among my vast comparison of the two, its the EVO that I will be getting once the lawsuit is finalized

I will be open to comments on the pros and cons between the GSR 5MT and the 6 speed MR. Thanks is advance and I look forward to being a continuing member!
If you want to mod and stick with the Evo X i'd go with the GSR as you don't have to worry about tuning the trans. ECU like you would with the MR, but if your not gonna mod, or willing to wait til they crack the code of the MR's comps. than go with that. I've driven M3's with the SMG trans and if the MR is anything like that than that would be my bet.
Old Feb 23, 2008, 08:25 PM

^^ thanks for the info and thats a major concern for me. I plan on moding when I get the car and I gladly stick to the GSR! On the other hand the STI will be a turned into a race car since I wont be able to get rid of it without taking a huge hit.
Old Feb 23, 2008, 08:32 PM
Evolved Member

stick to the gsr!! That was great!! LOL