Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

How to shave 70 lbs in 7 minutes on an SSS EVO X... Pics inside....

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2008, 05:00 AM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
next month hopefully we start stripping the car , so i might find something, but i honestly doubt. Robi know how to strip the car well.
So i might contact you Robi before.
Old May 18, 2008, 05:26 AM
Evolved Member

Received 42 Likes on 34 Posts
so with driver and passenger your driving a 2 ton car, if you didn't strip nothing off?
Old May 18, 2008, 06:18 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by DRAGHICI
so with driver and passenger your driving a 2 ton car, if you didn't strip nothing off?
yep. but if you get two domestic in your VIII or IX, and two JDM in the X, you are both driving a 2 ton car
Old May 18, 2008, 07:07 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Weight loss vs Added HP

Ok, everyone wants a lighter car to get more out of HP. Herein there has been a lot of suggestions in pulling out parts in the X to lose weight. Obviously for those physical items that are not used (e.g., Serius receiver) or needed, it is a simple process to remove them. However, usually such removals result in relatively small weight losses. What about removing hundreds of pounds? One example of the latter is ripping out the air bags and associated material (replaced by a lighter harness system) could result in a ~200 lbs loss. But many do not want to rip into the vehicle to this extent. So just for the fun of it I calculated the ET for a car weighing 3517 lbs with 291 hp (flywheel) and then determined same but with a 200lbs loss. The difference is 0.4 sec. Now I could get the same weight loss effect by adding ~30hp. Assuming these calculations are correct, then it appears, IMHO, that it is far easier to add a "little" HP than to loose hundreds of lbs of weight from the X. Your thoughts?
Old May 18, 2008, 07:10 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by KPerez
Ok, everyone wants a lighter car to get more out of HP. Herein there has been a lot of suggestions in pulling out parts in the X to lose weight. Obviously for those physical items that are not used (e.g., Serius receiver) or needed, it is a simple process to remove them. However, usually such removals result in relatively small weight losses. What about removing hundreds of pounds? One example of the latter is ripping out the air bags and associated material (replaced by a lighter harness system) could result in a ~200 lbs loss. But many do not want to rip into the vehicle to this extent. So just for the fun of it I calculated the ET for a car weighing 3517 lbs with 291 hp (flywheel) and then determined same but with a 200lbs loss. The difference is 0.4 sec. Now I could get the same weight loss effect by adding ~30hp. Assuming these calculations are correct, then it appears, IMHO, that it is far easier to add a "little" HP than to loose hundreds of lbs of weight from the X. Your thoughts?
loosing the weight effect on braking ,cornering and accelerating.
The best modification you can get ,since have a multiply effect on the car performance.
Old May 18, 2008, 02:22 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Guerillah

As for the AYC lagginess in slalom and autox type situations, robi noted that the AYC has a much easier time once he put his entire suspension package on the thing. Fact of the matter is its AT LEAST as good as a IX in slalom with an extra 300lbs. I think that says a lot.
HAHAHA Ill sell you a intake votex thingy and that will also reduce the lagginess in the slalom. The world revolves around money dood everyone is a business man
Old May 18, 2008, 05:55 PM
Evolved Member

pay all that money for all the extra option just to throw them out, pointless.
Old May 18, 2008, 06:11 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by itsme4g63
pay all that money for all the extra option just to throw them out, pointless.
some of us didn't get those features...
Old May 18, 2008, 08:27 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by jimm
I was not that impressed with the sub...another reason I did not go for the SSS package. the only thing I really miss is the HIDs. I test drove one with the SSS and turned up the bass and was not that impressed. Figured I would just replace the speakers anyway and my wife was not happy with the smallish trunk to begin with.
Thats because the Bass is set low out of factory. When he puts that bass up god damn It shakes everything!
Old May 18, 2008, 09:18 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by AkumaMax
Thats because the Bass is set low out of factory. When he puts that bass up god damn It shakes everything!
Mehh... I am going to replace the back speakers with ones that are base heavy and the fronts with something mid range....Good news is the tweaters in the doors will take 1 inch ones. ...Before I get to that, have to add the coilovers.
Old May 18, 2008, 09:36 PM
Account Disabled

How to save weight.

Remove all the things from the car as stated in the first post. Then:
1. Exhaust
2. New IC piping
3. Change the seats

I am sure those should get you an additional 100 lbs or more.
I would be happy with that. You have a car that no one in the world can follow on the track. Looks great, drives like a dream and you didn't have to sell your wife kids and body parts to be able to afford it.