Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Theres no denying the X looks the Best...

Search this Thread

Old Feb 29, 2008, 10:05 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Canexican
Its completely a matter of personal taste. I personally think the IX has more character - you won't get it confused with a base lancer. The X is more aggressive, but not as differentiable from its brethren. Its also a very chunky, which doesnt look bad, but doesnt seem as rally-esque as the IX which looks more like a car that was built with ultimate function in mind. I'm more of a function over form kind of guy, which probably explains my preference.
Oh yes, some people do get them confused (well between '02 & '04, not '05 & '06), I've had this happen to me a couple of times. It's easy to make the old base lancers look like Evos & the new base lancers to look like Evos, it just involves some $. I love both the styles of Evos, the cuts on the old stand out more to me, which isn't what I'm looking for in a car. I love the front grille on the X & the way the headlights seem to glare at you. The tail lights are the only things that bother me a bit, at least as far as stock goes. The IX stock tail lights were way superior, IMO. I hear what your saying though, Canexican.
Old Feb 29, 2008, 10:21 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I checkout the X and did not like the new look....like I did when I checked out the IX few yrs back. I got this feeling of like love at first sight when I see my IX the 1st time I did not get that feeling when I checkout the X. Maybe when the updated XI version comes out I'll see if my feeling will change.
Old Feb 29, 2008, 10:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well the choice of words "Theres no denying" is undeniably going to cause a heated debate between the IX and before and X owners. I'm definetely denying your statement. To me the IX is the more youthful looking car and that is how I feel when I see it compared to the X. Even if I had a choice between a new Ix and X my chioce would with out a doubt go to the Ix just because it looks so much more aggressive and nimble. I think the X favors a different group that has something different in mind then the IX and prior models. I think if I never new about the Evolution and saw the X driving down the road I'd be like oh nice car. But if I saw the IX fly by me I'd be like, what the hell was that! Thats the difference for me.
Old Feb 29, 2008, 11:18 AM
Evolved Member

This tread should have been titled IN MY OWN OPPINION (IMO) ....X is the best looking....
Old Feb 29, 2008, 12:17 PM
Evolved Member

The VIII/IX looks more aggresive and more of a "race car" type IMO
Old Feb 29, 2008, 12:50 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by WICKed'N'EVO
This tread should have been titled IN MY OWN OPPINION (IMO) ....X is the best looking....
LOL, no kidding...about 90% of the people in her liked the 8/9 look way better then the X

The 8/9 just looks more aggresive, the X looks too much like the lancer....OH WAIT....I SEE AN INTERCOOLER!!!
Old Feb 29, 2008, 02:48 PM
Evolving Member

the VIIIs and IXs certainly look outdated next to an X.
Old Feb 29, 2008, 03:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
for you
Old Feb 29, 2008, 03:34 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by cksdayoff
the VIIIs and IXs certainly look outdated next to an X.
post a pic next to my evo IX and say it's outdated next to a X....
or better yet post a pic of your favorote X and I'll post a pic of my favorite IX see which look better.

Last edited by WICKed'N'EVO; Feb 29, 2008 at 03:38 PM.
Old Feb 29, 2008, 03:38 PM
Evolved Member

^ +1
Old Feb 29, 2008, 04:05 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I really really like the way new Evo looks. Im keeping my 8, but Im going to buy X next year as a daily driver. With Robi KWv3, and 18x9.5 Volks with 275 tires, car will look sick. Have white 8, and going to get white X with black Volks... I love it !!!
Old Feb 29, 2008, 06:15 PM
Evolving Member

ok let me rephrase it, if you look at the two cars together in the link (page 1)and ask girls and non tuner guys which car they like better, i believe it would overwelmingly for the X .

Last edited by kinloch99; Feb 29, 2008 at 06:41 PM.
Old Mar 1, 2008, 05:30 AM
Evolved Member

i buying this type of car for myself, and not for girls... If you do that, you are on the wrong page.
As far as girls , for $35 + you can buy the chick magnet easy. The evo is not a chick magnet by any means.

The evo is a tuner car, period. What do you think why the car have hidden potential from day one /evo 1/

If you are not tuner, you also picked the wrong car, as same as above i was reffering for the girls.
Old Mar 1, 2008, 06:17 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Robevo RS
i buying this type of car for myself, and not for girls... If you do that, you are on the wrong page.
As far as girls , for $35 + you can buy the chick magnet easy. The evo is not a chick magnet by any means.

The evo is a tuner car, period. What do you think why the car have hidden potential from day one /evo 1/

If you are not tuner, you also picked the wrong car, as same as above i was reffering for the girls.
I don't consider myself a tuner and don't think I picked the wrong car.
Old Mar 1, 2008, 06:40 AM
Evolved Member

Received 42 Likes on 34 Posts
the x turned into the old sti, you cant tell the differance from a regular evo.
it now looks like everyone has an evo x

i like the prestige of the old evo, knowing it doesnt look like a regular lancer.

Quick Reply: Theres no denying the X looks the Best...