Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Any dealers sold out of X's yet?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2008, 03:39 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any dealers sold out of X's yet?

I went to the dealer here in NY last week and they were 6 X's selling for 3-5k over sticker. Now this weekend I came back to the same 6 evo's the salesman says he can sell it for sticker, if i can get the dealer to sell me one for invoice ill get one. It doesn't look like the X's are selling that fast atleast by me sofar.
Old Mar 4, 2008, 04:37 AM
Evolved Member

It's all stupid sales tactics dude. They guys are trying to make a tom of money on a new car because for some reason they think its way different then any other car... It's still a Mitsu, and I love it, but do NOT pay a single dollar over MSRP or they'll know they can do it. I hope those evos sit there until they get real.

On a side note, a dealer near me thinks they're getting $10k over MSRP HAHAHAHA!

I don't know if you'll be able to get one for invoice, but you may be able to meet them at a halfway point for added accessories, etc and MSRP on the car itself.
Old Mar 4, 2008, 05:05 AM
Evolving Member

my dealer got a 3k over sticker but after talking to the salesman and adding aero it, tech pckg and sport pckg. He said he'll just charge me 500 over sticker. he was straight out with me though. he told me if he didint sell it over stciker, his managers would bish at him and he'll look bad. this is the same guy that was pulling strings for me a few months ago giving me evo x info. i honestly dont mind paying 500 over sticker cause this man truelly helped a lot. i wish the 500 was to him and not the dealer, he earned it.
Old Mar 4, 2008, 05:09 AM
Evolved Member

I suspect we're seeing so many on lots because dealers thought they could get unrealistic mark-ups.
Old Mar 4, 2008, 07:00 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
theyve sold three at the mitsu dealer downtown in SLC, looks like they have two left.
Old Mar 4, 2008, 07:02 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by MrBonus
I suspect we're seeing so many on lots because dealers thought they could get unrealistic mark-ups.
+1

I also think that when the RA drops, it might help them move a few more evo's. That's just speculation of course, but they will finally have a low, mid, and top end product. People looking at the RA will more easily consider the X now, just as it should be easier to upsell prospective es/gts owners to the RA.
Old Mar 4, 2008, 07:13 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by klipsch0
. i wish the 500 was to him and not the dealer, he earned it.
You're out of your fricking mind, so he doesnt rip you off....who to say he wont rip me off.

All those sale mans are thieves and the things they say to get you to buy makes them lairs too

You can be any car for at invoice because guess what, thats not the real invoice price its only 10% off MSRP. Like going anywhere and having a sale, do the math
Old Mar 4, 2008, 07:17 AM
Evolved Member

SOCALMITSU.COM is selling them for about 3K under MSRP.
Old Mar 4, 2008, 07:29 AM
Evolving Member

There are many reasons that dealerships still have Evo X's on their lots.
1. People who said they'd buy them can't really afford them
2. We're in the beginning of a recession
3. It's still winter, most people don't buy cars like this until April-June
4. Some dealers still have them because they chose to gouge in a down market
5. Insurance rates

My local Mitsu dealer (York Mitsubishi) said they have more older customers (my age 30-40 yrs) looking, not as many young guys. They suspect that the RA will be their bread-and-butter performance car this year due to value (price v performance).
Old Mar 4, 2008, 07:39 AM
Evolved Member

I sold all 3 of mine... Had to buy one from another dealer just to hve one available for people to sell... I sold them all under msrp

And holdback on a car is not 10%, its like 2% and not all makes are the same... Some are 3% and some are none at all
Old Mar 4, 2008, 07:43 AM
Evolved Member

and I think Dave Mac is right about all those reasons... And I'll order a butload of ralliarts.... I would have ordered more evo's but my gm was worried we wouldn't sell 6-7 cars at $34-38k msrp's....

And I didnt want to order all of them with options , but I did just to see them all and I didnt even have the prices on options when I ordered.... So I doubt I'll order so many w/aero kits and such to keep cost down
Old Mar 4, 2008, 08:09 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Dave Mac
There are many reasons that dealerships still have Evo X's on their lots.
1. People who said they'd buy them can't really afford them
2. We're in the beginning of a recession
3. It's still winter, most people don't buy cars like this until April-June
4. Some dealers still have them because they chose to gouge in a down market
5. Insurance rates

My local Mitsu dealer (York Mitsubishi) said they have more older customers (my age 30-40 yrs) looking, not as many young guys. They suspect that the RA will be their bread-and-butter performance car this year due to value (price v performance).
Also, if the reviews and the actual vehicle were spectacular it would have been an easy sell. IF they came out with a vehicle with the same weight and another 50 horsepower it would have done very well. They could/should have bumped it to a 2.5 liter.

NO SIXTH GEAR. Turning 3850 RPM in 5th at 80 mph.

As it is, it has many people on the fenceline.
Old Mar 4, 2008, 08:29 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Stangar
Also, if the reviews and the actual vehicle were spectacular it would have been an easy sell. IF they came out with a vehicle with the same weight and another 50 horsepower it would have done very well. They could/should have bumped it to a 2.5 liter.

NO SIXTH GEAR. Turning 3850 RPM in 5th at 80 mph.

As it is, it has many people on the fenceline.
But a 2.5 would mean trouble for the WRC.
Old Mar 4, 2008, 08:33 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by DrasticK

But a 2.5 would mean trouble for the WRC.

That was sarcasm, right?
Old Mar 4, 2008, 08:34 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I just want to confirm what Shahul said. Holdback is a very small percentage, and I personally don't get paid one dime of it.

We have one EVO X that is marked up by the owner of our dealership and there is not a damned thing I can do about it. I'm sure I can knock the price down a little bit, but it will still be above sticker by at least $500... and I am sure we will have this EVO for at least a few months before we sell it. The same thing happened on the IX, some dealership owner's just don't think things out well. On a side note, the STI's aren't marked up whatsoever, same owner... go figure.
Dan

Quick Reply: Any dealers sold out of X's yet?