Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

do you guys think evo x can beat....?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2008, 08:45 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by R1ckyB0bbyyy
Umm, no... no he wouldn't.

350z, s2000, RX-8, G35... probably...

335i... maybe, but that's all you will have him in is a 0-60.

It also depends on how much you value the life of your driveline.

Joe's Evo X... I can't wait to see your "Oh crap, where do I get an EVO X clutch" thread... Guys that think EVO's and STi's are meant for drag racing, and or invincible are just...
I kind of find it humorous that X owners are just damned if they do or don't. People have been raising all kinds of hell about how it just wont put up decent numbers on the 1/4, so he takes it to the track and puts up some decent numbers for his elevation. Now its: oh man you're killing your car.

Sure they weren't meant for drag racing but the main argument you hear for our cars is "ya but you'd kill me out of the hole." His clutch may go soon, I guess thats his business on how he prefers to drive the car. I for one will not be looking forward to reading about anyones misfortune with their evos. Kinda whack.
Old Mar 9, 2008, 08:46 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by boozeup&riot
I kind of find it humorous that X owners are just damned if they do or don't. People have been raising all kinds of hell about how it just wont put up decent numbers on the 1/4, so he takes it to the track and puts up some decent numbers for his elevation. Now its: oh man you're killing your car.

Sure they weren't meant for drag racing but the main argument you hear for our cars is "ya but you'd kill me out of the hole." His clutch may go soon, I guess thats his business on how he prefers to drive the car. I for one will not be looking forward to reading about anyones misfortune with their evos. Kinda whack.
Yeppp.
Old Mar 9, 2008, 08:46 AM
EvoM Community Team

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Joe's Evo X
Man you would smoke all thoes cars. I took my Evo X to the track and hit a 1.9 60ft finished the 1/4mile at a 13.50 beating a camaro ss hooked up. He ran a 13.8. O ya this was 3600 ft above sea level. Also raced a New GTO from a roll starting about 25 and pulled 3 1/2 cars on him though 120mph. Thoes evo x are a low 13s second car at sea level stock.

You must have raced a 2004 GTO. The 2005 GTO has the LS2 Corvette motor and it would have walked away from you.

2004 = http://www.modernracer.com/pontiacgto.html
2005 = http://www.modernracer.com/pontiacgtols2.html
Old Mar 9, 2008, 08:47 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Man i probley wont go to the track until i get all my bolt on for this car. Plus this car isnt bad from a roll beat a new gto 6.0L from a 25 mph roll. Pulled about 3 1/2 cars at 120mph. And if my clutch goes then ill put an aftermarket one. Hell i did just buy a $36,000 car lol
Old Mar 9, 2008, 08:51 AM
Evolving Member

Man i probley wont go to the track until i get all my bolt on for this car. Plus this car isnt bad from a roll beat a new gto 6.0L from a 25 mph roll. Pulled about 3 1/2 cars at 120mph. And if my clutch goes then ill put an aftermarket one. Hell i did just buy a $36,000 car lol
I call BS... no WAY in hell you pulled 3 1/2 cars on an LS2 GTO from a 25-120mph roll. Sorry cat, not happening.

I have put 1-2 lengths stock EVO VIII's and one MR with my SRT-4 (AGP WGA and a TBE, only 255whp) from a roll... This is by far the cars weakest area (roll race)...
Old Mar 9, 2008, 08:51 AM
EvoM Community Team

Man you would smoke all thoes cars. I took my Evo X to the track and hit a 1.9 60ft finished the 1/4mile at a 13.50 beating a camaro ss hooked up. He ran a 13.8. O ya this was 3600 ft above sea level. Also raced a New GTO from a roll starting about 25 and pulled 3 1/2 cars on him though 120mph. Thoes evo x are a low 13s second car at sea level stock.
Post your time slip.

Originally Posted by Welzy
Excellent point. The acceleration numbers on those 2 cars are very comparable, but the X should have the better lap times. I believe the handling on my Evo X would place it above the 335i at a less expensive price.
This was about 0-60, not lap times. And when it comes to road courses, it's all about the driver. You could get your *** handed to you by a guy in a Miata if you don't know how to drive.

Originally Posted by boozeup&riot

Don't nut swing too much on the guy...he hasn't posted a time slip and he's only got 2 posts so far.

Umm...gotta call BS if you raced the GTO with the LS2 motor. Those cars will walk away from a stock IX on the highway. And the stock IX will walk away from the X on the highway. Sorry man, can't believe you on your "kill" of the GTO. That car is too much of a monster on the highway for you to have beat it.
Old Mar 9, 2008, 08:53 AM
Evolving Member

^3 1/2 cars are you sure? a IX will have a problem beating a GTO that car pulls hard up top .
Evolving Member

Hey if you wanna pay than you can play I guess
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
Old Mar 9, 2008, 08:56 AM
EvoM Community Team

Did you go to the track or not

You make a claim that you ran 13.X and beat a Camaro.

Now, in this post, you say you probably won't go to the track until you get all your bolt on for the car
Old Mar 9, 2008, 08:57 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by R1ckyB0bbyyy
I call BS... no WAY in hell you pulled 3 1/2 cars on an LS2 GTO from a 25-120mph roll. Sorry cat, not happening.

I have put 1-2 lengths stock EVO VIII's and one MR with my SRT-4 (AGP WGA and a TBE, only 255whp) from a roll... This is by far the cars weakest area (roll race)...
Well you also got to think were 4500ft above sea level over here. So turbo cars and not as badly affected as he is. He started caughting me in 5 gear. And dont judge that Evo X until you been in one or raced one. There a lot faster then you think. I ran a camaro ss hooked up at the tracked once the launch was over he didnt gain at me at all down the track. We pretty much dead even from a roll. And that camaro ss wasnt stock. Think what you want but my boy is the owner of the GTO and he can tell you also.
Old Mar 9, 2008, 08:59 AM
Evolving Member

Well you also got to think were 4500ft above sea level over here. So turbo cars and not as badly affected as he is. He started caughting me in 5 gear. And dont judge that Evo X until you been in one or raced one. There a lot faster then you think. I ran a camaro ss hooked up at the tracked once the launch was over he didnt gain at me at all down the track. We pretty much dead even from a roll. And that camaro ss wasnt stock. Think what you want but my boy is the owner of the GTO and he can tell you also.
Numbers don't lie, liars do the numbers... You just don't run a 6.0L LS2 400hp car (rwd) from a roll in an EVO X which is only a couple hundred lbs lighter and AWD (drivetrain loss) that puts down 100 less WHP (Buschurs stock X dynoed at 215whp...) and think you can put a bus length (3.5 cars is at leaste one bus)... on a GTO. Sorry

kthxbye

Last edited by R1ckyB0bbyyy; Mar 9, 2008 at 09:01 AM.
Old Mar 9, 2008, 09:06 AM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
you didn't say 3600 ft ASL before?
Old Mar 9, 2008, 09:20 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Robevo RS
you didn't say 3600 ft ASL before?

This guy blamed what happened on the sea level too...
Old Mar 9, 2008, 09:27 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It does seem difficult to accept an X pulling a big ol V8. Did you just own him in the bottom gears maybe? To me, the X feels a lot slower to 120 then the VIII's did. Christ, you have to flip into 5 at 110 now. I used to take 4th up to 120+. No doubt that the X is a strong car, given its weight, but displacement usually owns us at higher speeds.

Quick Reply: do you guys think evo x can beat....?