Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Evo (CZ4A) versus STI (GR) mega merge thread

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2009, 09:44 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I bought the car largely based on that review and the first hand impression of understeer vs oversteer -- I wish I could find that clip of Jeremy's. I can't quite remember his words. Something like "butt giggling fun" or something odd but hysterical.

Anyone got a link to that first review where the STi supposedly beat the X in various categories, but Jeremy still picked the X regardless?
Old Jul 6, 2009, 10:18 PM

Is BBC on IO cable?
Old Jul 6, 2009, 10:26 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by journeymansteve
I bought the car largely based on that review and the first hand impression of understeer vs oversteer -- I wish I could find that clip of Jeremy's. I can't quite remember his words. Something like "butt giggling fun" or something odd but hysterical.

Anyone got a link to that first review where the STi supposedly beat the X in various categories, but Jeremy still picked the X regardless?
nice bump from the dead
Old Jul 6, 2009, 10:31 PM
Evolving Member

i've had that episode along with the entire season 11 for like 6 months now. It's available on itunes.
Old Jul 7, 2009, 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by damien ramirez
i've had that episode along with the entire season 11 for like 6 months now. It's available on itunes.
This is a super old thread dude...
Old Jul 7, 2009, 01:37 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by tiltmode43
This is a super old thread dude...
I was dumb and didn't save clips when I saw them the first time, and now the BBC seems to be pretty aggressive at pulling all of the "copyrighted" material from youtube.

I guess I was thinking how crazy I was considering pulling the trigger on one of these was from a daily driver that had well over 300k miles on it that cost me nearly nothing to own & operate ....
Old Jan 24, 2010, 07:36 AM
Evolving Member

Aftermarket Evo or Sti with warranty?

Who, if anyone, is producing a complete package for new Evo's and/or Sti's while maintaing factory warranty or providing their own warranty? What I'm trying to find is something similar to what Roush or Saleen do for the Mustang or what Callaway or Lingenfelter do for the Corvette. At one time, Don Herring Mitsubishi in Texas was partnering with Forced Performance to provide three different Evo IX packages with the milder two still being covered by factory warranty. Does a person have to move to England to get an overpriced FQ Evo to have a warranty on a well modified vehicle?
Old Jan 24, 2010, 08:05 AM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
only in the UK and they call it the FQ series, and i dont think they will be honerd by warranty in the US.
means F@cking Quick.

i heard some Forced Performance - Buschur - Turbotrix etc. package , you can buy from some dealer and they warranty it. That dealer. Kinda of some agreement i guess between the tuner and that dealer.
But nothing nation wide i'm aware of.

Last edited by Robevo RS; Jan 24, 2010 at 08:09 AM.
Old Jan 24, 2010, 08:07 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
buschur was doing there br330's and 350's. Not sure if they still are, but i believe they were only available at the local dealership in their area under some sort of contract for maintenance or repair.
Old Jan 24, 2010, 08:09 AM
Evolved Member

I know *VERY* little details on how it all works, but Buschur makes some BR350s which are warrnatied, to some extent through the dealers.

Their page only lists the Evo 9 ones, but I know they make an Evo X one as well.

http://www.buschurracing.com/br-dealers.htm

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ve...350-evo-x.html

You'd need to contact them directly for more info, but I believe the one Evo X BR350 I know about came from Medina, OH dealer.
Old Jan 24, 2010, 08:09 AM
EvoM Community Team

Received 62 Likes on 59 Posts
Anaheim mitsubishi is doing some sort of modifications, but only warranted through that shop.
Old Jan 24, 2010, 10:46 AM
ZK
Evolved Member

I doubt there are any modifications that is covered by Mitsubishi's warranty. But there are some local shops and dealers that will have packages that is covered by them.
Old Jan 24, 2010, 10:53 AM
EvoM Community Team

Received 62 Likes on 59 Posts
Originally Posted by ZK
I doubt there are any modifications that is covered by Mitsubishi's warranty. But there are some local shops and dealers that will have packages that is covered by them.
You know... I thought it'd be VERY interesting to just do JDM ralliart parts and see if they deny the warranty. I put a ralliart drop-in filter in for this reason (that and it has good gains). I'd be very shocked to see them deny the warranty if it was a genuine ralliart part and had nothing to do with the failure.
Old Jan 24, 2010, 11:09 AM
Evolving Member

Thanks for the replies everyone,
You pretty much said what I thought the situation was. I don't think that Don Herring is providing the FP stages for the X and I sure would not want to drive all the way to Buschur country to have warranty work done on a car. It's really too bad that we don't have an equivalent to the FQ line overseas.
I love my Corvette, but I don't get that much time behind the wheel since I have kids to shuttle around. But I do love that I have the performance with a warranty behind it. As you can see from my SIG, I've had a few different vehicles. What I noticed on most of the forums that support those vehicles, was people constantly asking "how much money do I need to spend to be able to beat this or that car". Usually it was the Corvette Z06 that was being mentioned. After owning one, I must say that it is an exceptional performance vehicle right out of the box. It would be great if I could get this much performance and be able to take the whole family from place to place while maintaining a warranty. The GTR comes close, but the price tag new along with the price of service and the fact that the rear seat is almost unusable make it not as appealing as it may have looked when it just came out. If anyone else has any ideas, I would love to hear them.
Thanks again,
James
Old Jan 24, 2010, 11:50 AM
Evolving Member

used Audi RS4. Quattro AWD + 4.2l v8 + audi style, fit and finish, comfort, etc etc.

Quick Reply: Evo (CZ4A) versus STI (GR) mega merge thread