Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Evo (CZ4A) versus STI (GR) mega merge thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2010, 11:56 AM
ikt
Evolved Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
better off to know your local dealer service shop

here, they dont care. When they got the first evo 8s in, the put greddy exhaust on their demo one :rofl:

My buddy has blown his tranny twice auto crossing, and they warranty it every time, and even installed an exedy clutch last time.
Old Jan 24, 2010, 12:21 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by flyboytb
used Audi RS4. Quattro AWD + 4.2l v8 + audi style, fit and finish, comfort, etc etc.
Win.
Old Jan 24, 2010, 12:48 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by flyboytb
used Audi RS4. Quattro AWD + 4.2l v8 + audi style, fit and finish, comfort, etc etc.
From what I have read the Audi is a great car. I've never driven the RS4, just an A4. I did drive a new M3 the morning before I bought the Vette. It was also a great car. Both would have the creature comforts that the Vette does not have, but both would fall short on the performance. I'm just guessing that the Audi would fall short, but it can't be that much better than the M3. I think that I will have to live with the fact that in my price range I will not be able to replace the Vette with anything that has four seats and would perform just as well while retaining a factory warranty.
Old Jan 24, 2010, 02:31 PM
ZK
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by migs647
You know... I thought it'd be VERY interesting to just do JDM ralliart parts and see if they deny the warranty. I put a ralliart drop-in filter in for this reason (that and it has good gains). I'd be very shocked to see them deny the warranty if it was a genuine ralliart part and had nothing to do with the failure.
A genuine JDM Ralliart part is not a US-approved part so they probably would deny your warranty if that caused some kind of failure.

That said, I have had the Ralliart filter and it is a very nice filter - a bit on the pricey side though.
Old Jan 24, 2010, 02:37 PM
Evolving Member

Whats a warranty on a EVO??????
Old Jan 24, 2010, 02:42 PM
EvoM Community Team

Received 62 Likes on 59 Posts
Originally Posted by ZK
A genuine JDM Ralliart part is not a US-approved part so they probably would deny your warranty if that caused some kind of failure.

That said, I have had the Ralliart filter and it is a very nice filter - a bit on the pricey side though.
Right but my point was denying the warranty if it DIDN'T cause the failure. I realize they aren't US-approved, but they are still made. /shrug... only way to find out is for it to happen.
Old Jan 24, 2010, 03:48 PM
Evolving Member

^ ^ we could dump water in your intake and hydro lock your engine and take it down to mitsubishi so we could find out
Old Jan 24, 2010, 03:56 PM
EvoM Community Team

Received 62 Likes on 59 Posts
Originally Posted by iseedipp
^ ^ we could dump water in your intake and hydro lock your engine and take it down to mitsubishi so we could find out
try again
Old Jan 24, 2010, 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by jmsrx
Who, if anyone, is producing a complete package for new Evo's and/or Sti's while maintaing factory warranty or providing their own warranty? What I'm trying to find is something similar to what Roush or Saleen do for the Mustang or what Callaway or Lingenfelter do for the Corvette. At one time, Don Herring Mitsubishi in Texas was partnering with Forced Performance to provide three different Evo IX packages with the milder two still being covered by factory warranty. Does a person have to move to England to get an overpriced FQ Evo to have a warranty on a well modified vehicle?
If you're around the bay area in northern california, try WORKS at Sonoma, CA
I go there for all my modification needs. Check www.worksevo.com
Old Jan 24, 2010, 08:08 PM
Former Sponsor

We now sell and install Cobb performance upgrades. The Cobb Stage 2 is very nice and is a very safe upgrade. Keep in mind Mitsubishi will warranty your car unless there is a reasonable connection between the modification and the failure. 9 times out of 10 Mitsubishi will do the right thing.
Old Jan 24, 2010, 09:56 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by DonMitsu
We now sell and install Cobb performance upgrades. The Cobb Stage 2 is very nice and is a very safe upgrade. Keep in mind Mitsubishi will warranty your car unless there is a reasonable connection between the modification and the failure. 9 times out of 10 Mitsubishi will do the right thing.
Don Herring is the man. I'm going by the Irving store, which is considerably out of my way, soon just because he deserves my Evo business. Didn't manage to grab a personal business card at our most recent NTEC meet, but the fact that you're replying to individual threads in this forum speaks volumes about your intentions, your dealership, and hopefully Mitsu NA. to you!
Old Jan 25, 2010, 12:06 AM

I think subie works woth Perrin, but I'm not sure?
Old Jan 26, 2010, 05:08 AM
Evolving Member

I appreciate the post from Don Herring Mitsubishi. It's nice to know they are installing/supporting some modifications. I just don't think that a Cobb stage 2 Evo will match the Vette in performance. It looks like the best I can do in my price range while seating four and having a warranty is a 2010 Roush stage 3. One ad I have seen claims an 11.1 1/4 mile from a 540hp approx 3,400lb Mustang. It also states that it pulled over 1g on the skidpad. I'll have to look at the Roush website closer. I didn't see those numbers posted there. Too bad its a Mustang. Don't get me wrong, I like the looks of the new Mustangs, there's just so many of them out on the road. By the way, price tag is around 61K-64k. If anyone has any additional info on these, good or bad, please let me know.
Thank you
James
Old Jan 26, 2010, 05:55 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
damn thats a pretty quick Mustang out of the box. But for $60k there isnt anything better?
Old Jan 26, 2010, 04:44 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by abazaba410
damn thats a pretty quick Mustang out of the box. But for $60k there isnt anything better?
Not really. I purchsed my Z06 new in September of 2008 for $59,460. But that was when the economy was tanking and the fuel prices were outrageous. And, of course, it can't seat four (unless you stuff two in the trunk. You might be able to get an M3 without many options in that price range, but it will not have anything near that kind of 1/4 mile time though the handling will be good. It is really hard to find a brand new four seater with those kinds of stats and under 65K. If anyone knows of another car that would be close, I would sure love to know what it might be. I loved my Evo, but by the time I spend the money to mod one to come close to thos stats, there is no way I would have a warranty, and the price of the mods would not be included in the financing of the vehicle.

Quick Reply: Evo (CZ4A) versus STI (GR) mega merge thread