Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

The 'X' has shattered my perfect 'Subaru World'

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2008, 11:03 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow great pics! That scenery is gorgeous!

Congrats
Old Mar 10, 2008, 12:21 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Jeff1121
beating the sh*t out of an evo that is not yours...FTL...salesman joe should know better

yes F T L...just think about it for a second. Here he is a new saleman at the dealer with a total stranger in brand spankin' new car and the first thing he does is abuse the thing...badly. What? Now I'm supposed to buy a car for $30k+ that's abused from the get go? Not. I could have easily gone to the bank for the down payment right then and there if he hadn't acted that way

I'm thinking this guy is in the wrong business. Looking at him maybe 'ol Joe should be a profesional food eater or some kind of pizza tosser' instead

Last edited by MooseX; Mar 10, 2008 at 01:27 PM.
Old Mar 10, 2008, 12:25 PM
Evolved Member

DUHHH MY NAMES JOE DEWWW YOU WANT UHHHH EVOOHH!?!?!?!?!

dont worry about the redlining I think his fat *** restricted the mechanical parts to some extent.
Old Mar 10, 2008, 12:55 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Alison mitsubishi is a turd of a stealership. If I were to buy anything from them I would demand to see it come of the truck. Are you part of SECCS? I think a lot of you Reno/Tahoe/Truckee subby guys are going to be converting soon.
Old Mar 10, 2008, 01:22 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by nightwalker
Alison mitsubishi is a turd of a stealership. If I were to buy anything from them I would demand to see it come of the truck. Are you part of SECCS? I think a lot of you Reno/Tahoe/Truckee subby guys are going to be converting soon.
Your right. Mine has roll right off the boat ideally. My first experience with ALLISON. There is one salesman>Kevin who know cars, races and is 'Evo smart' as well. I intended to talk with him but he was a no show. I ended up with Joe....Joe Shmoe the Car Beater

SECCS...nah. Those Sierra Subie guys aren't my style. I'm mostly independent...passion is the cones STX Class. I go to Reno/Fernley to practice and test. 4 miles of bliss. I basically can't sleep lately thinking about taking the X with some serious R rubber on that circuit
Old Mar 10, 2008, 01:48 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by MooseX
Your right. Mine has roll right off the boat ideally. My first experience with ALLISON. There is one salesman>Kevin who know cars, races and is 'Evo smart' as well. I intended to talk with him but he was a no show. I ended up with Joe....Joe Shmoe the Car Beater

SECCS...nah. Those Sierra Subie guys aren't my style. I'm mostly independent...passion is the cones STX Class. I go to Reno/Fernley to practice and test. 4 miles of bliss. I basically can't sleep lately thinking about taking the X with some serious R rubber on that circuit
cool. If you get a chance to, come out to Sac and run with the REAL drivers. Check www.apexnetwork.net
Old Mar 10, 2008, 02:06 PM

Easy Phia! Anyway, please don't buy from Allison. Those guys don't know anything about evos. Not to mention the $4k markup they are charging customers. Check out socal dealers and drive it back
Old Mar 10, 2008, 02:09 PM
Evolving Member

Congrats - I just sat in an Apex Silver GSR X the other night...it was awesome...very sleek......cool.......It looked so much better in person....pics of this car do not do it justice.....I love my IX.....but I'll bet the X would work too!
Old Mar 10, 2008, 02:14 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by evoski
Easy Phia! Anyway, please don't buy from Allison. Those guys don't know anything about evos. Not to mention the $4k markup they are charging customers. Check out socal dealers and drive it back

I'm thinking your right...a quick flight to LALA land and 'South Coast' Mits' and a cool 300 mile easy break in thrill ride up Highway 1...yeah baby. Stop in Carmel and check Clint E' and the boys at the Boarshead' then hit the the Santa Cruz Boardwalk for some Valley Girl action ...finish up with a run across the GGB in the city
Old Mar 10, 2008, 02:18 PM

Congrats on your decision to get an X! I wish the subie guys here were half as open minded as you...I got flipped off by a guy in an STi this morning because I wouldn't race him at a light.
Old Mar 10, 2008, 02:43 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Grats on the car man! I think you are going to love it, and look forward to hearing your thoughts after a couple thousand miles, when compared to the bus.
Old Mar 10, 2008, 02:45 PM
Evolving Member

Former Subi owner here too. I love them but the 08's killed it for me. Maybe in a few years subi will get rid of the designer (wow thats the nicest thing i could call that guy) and get someone who can figure it out.

That WW is awesome welcome to the dark side!
Old Mar 10, 2008, 02:50 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by nightwalker
cool. If you get a chance to, come out to Sac and run with the REAL drivers. Check www.apexnetwork.net
Oh...it's that where your all hiding?
Old Mar 10, 2008, 04:09 PM
Account Disabled

Congrats on the Evo (especially in WW ;-) ).

I like Subie's as well--that's what I bought for my *wife* as a DD ('06 WRX Wagon). <rib-rib>

In all seriousness though, two different ballgames. The Evos on a roadcourse just rip it up. They are a little rough compared to the WRXs as a DD though.
Old Mar 10, 2008, 04:17 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by MooseX
Well first post ever on an EVO site. I've been 'trapped' in life of Subaru since forever...an XT-4 Turbo, XT-6, RX Turbo, RS, 2 WRX' and one STi. Everyone around here drives a S u b a r u. Modding? lol just look at my credit card debt . Funny thing is after a zillion laps at RENO/Fernley race park and bunches of Auto X I could never get any of those cars to really 'turn' like I wanted. Call it sluggish or understeer it never was that much 'fun' to drive. Everything else about Subies I love...especially how it goes in the snow with studded snows

I envy my EVO freinds and the ease that they scorch the twisties..Total respect for sure AND we get along no problem. I drove both the 8 and 9 and they killed at that track....just not a good car for me per se. The roads around our parts are def' not EVO freindly. I was dying for someone to come out with a true AWD all around performer. 335i...meh $$. Mazda....meh looks like an STi...R32 AWD> uh no hatchbacks please and so on. The new STi? no comment except that we've had prettier sheep on our ranch than that car

THEN the X came....and guess what I'm in love. Smitten. 2 test drives and I'm done. Got to have one. All my subie 'freinds' are chapped and my EVO buddies are just smiiiiiling like crazy lol. Soon it will be mine....yes it will be mine. Maybe not an SST (wont' buy the 1st year of that but make no mistake I WANT that gearbox) but probably the manual and the full base model in WW. No sst or extras and the small wing. No need for NAV in the desert and I'll do my own stereo thank you

Here are some pics of the 2nd test drive up the Mount Rose Highway with the crazy salesman who beat my possible WW X. I let him drive first to get a feel from the passenger side (for the girl). What an idiot he was. 3rd day on the job and he says as soon as we get clear of the dealer 'now lets have some fun' and just romp and stomps' on it. redline in the first 3 gears....car had 14 miles on the clock and was barely warm. I say back it down freind...no need to abuse a brand new motor.

The first pic is the "salesman" who whooped up on my possible car . I hate him for beating on a new car but appreciated him for letting me drive the 5000 vertical ft twisting road to Mount Rose (summit is 10k). Great drive. Tight switchbacks, long 270's and plenty of S turns for 15 miles each way. Teh X really shined. Total balance and nil understeer. Turns with insane ease at speed and made my fully suspended Ohlin WRX seem like a 3 legged racing turtle. ONLY gripe was the weird 'click' upshifting between 1/2 and 2/3 in the manual. Not sure what that's all about. The car rides surprisingly smooth on rougher roads and was fairly quiet inside at speed... End of story and now I must sell my car to get one. I have a buyer so it shouldn't be long. sorry for the long post

Salesman Joe:

Galena Ski Resort, Nevada in the background. Check out that blue blue Sierra sky

My current vehicle and my next vehicle
Very nice dude, the car is fabulous in white, BTW what percentage tint is that ?

Quick Reply: The 'X' has shattered my perfect 'Subaru World'