Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Navigation System Question

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2008, 04:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Navigation System Question

Anybody knows if the Nav system in the Evo X will work in Hawaii?
Old Mar 14, 2008, 04:29 PM

Wouldn't see why not.
Old Mar 14, 2008, 05:18 PM
Account Disabled

Yup, it's satellite based and not only that, it comes as an option for your USDM Evo X, so it should be supported if your paying an extra $2,000 to have it in there.
Old Mar 14, 2008, 05:33 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i think his question is more focused around whether the navi has the hawaii map... in which in that case, from going by memory, I dont think that was a choice in the maps stored on my hard drive. You should check with your dealer in Hawaii as they may have different map software for it...
Old Mar 15, 2008, 05:07 AM

Originally Posted by antics22
i think his question is more focused around whether the navi has the hawaii map... in which in that case, from going by memory, I dont think that was a choice in the maps stored on my hard drive. You should check with your dealer in Hawaii as they may have different map software for it...
Yea, that's exactly what I'm talking about. I guess I should've been more specific.

It's like how Kenwood didn't make any maps for Hawaii until 2006, but Pioneer made maps for Hawaii from back in 2003.
As for carmakers, BMW has had navi maps for Hawaii from 2004 and on... but Lexus only started having Hawaii maps available starting MY2008.

My dealer doesn't have any info on this for some reason though.
This island on has 1 Mitsu dealer. x2
Old Mar 15, 2008, 07:51 AM
Evolved Member

its a HDD upgradeable i believe, you may have to call MMC and see if the maps can be available....
Old Mar 15, 2008, 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by Shahul X
its a HDD upgradeable i believe, you may have to call MMC and see if the maps can be available....
It's too bad Mitsu's site doesn't have an e-mail address to send questions.
The closest I can do is call 1-888-MITSU2008... but they ask to have a VIN ready.
I'll call on Monday and see what's up.
Old Mar 17, 2008, 10:37 AM
Evolving Member

I have been waching this thread for a couple of days now and I rarely post. This seems to me to be a simple solution....somebody with a X just zoom all the way out and use the little knob and try to go to Hawaii and zoom back in when you get there and see if it works.....Matter of fact. when I go to lunch here in about an hour I will try it out and see if it works and if there is a Hawaii map in there.
Old Mar 17, 2008, 04:13 PM

I just tried to look up a POI in HI, and no luck. Also tried scrolling out west from San Diego and the map ended pretty quick. It seems there is no information on Alaska either. Canada seems to be covered though....

However, it is still possible that Hawaii and Alaska would have specific maps for their region that a dealer can load or comes pre-loaded from the factory to a car destined for those locations.
Old Mar 17, 2008, 05:31 PM
Evolved Member

i would call up the dealer and ask them if they have mapping data for you area, or go in the showroom car and see for yourself
Old Mar 17, 2008, 07:47 PM
Evolving Member

Yeap I just tried thesame thing and I ran out of map and tried to look up an POI and also tried to type in an address in oahu(i was just there at schofield barracks training with the military) and with no results. check out a local mitsu and maybe they have some maps they can download.

Originally Posted by synthtk
I just tried to look up a POI in HI, and no luck. Also tried scrolling out west from San Diego and the map ended pretty quick. It seems there is no information on Alaska either. Canada seems to be covered though....

However, it is still possible that Hawaii and Alaska would have specific maps for their region that a dealer can load or comes pre-loaded from the factory to a car destined for those locations.
Old Mar 17, 2008, 10:41 PM

I called MMC today and they said they don't have any maps available for Hawaii and they couldn't answer me if they ever planned to make any for the future.
I find it weird that the local Mitsubishi dealership doesn't know this.
Maybe it's just because they never get any navi units down here.

Was curious though... Besides the navigation, how is that option?
Is the hard drive music and screen useful and easy to use?
Does it display your music titles properly and clearly?
Can you upload mp3s to the hard drive or do you have to rip the CD audio tracks to it (like on the Pioneer HDD units)?
Is it easy to rename and organize music?
Is it touch screen?
Anybody has a clear picture of the unit?

Edit:
Forgot to ask... any chance there's are some car data shown on that screen too (like the GT-R or at least something as little as Pioneer's) like oil temp, oil pressure, boost guage, etc.?

Last edited by gmhl10; Mar 17, 2008 at 11:57 PM.